Opera Browser DS: Who has it? (Japan and Europe)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
10MB RAM in that little cart, pushing it up to 14MB total

*strokes his laptop which isnt much bigger than a DS anyway*

barf

Maxima's Barber
kernow said:
i did read in france its illegal to use wifi devices outside or something like that?

lol

Yes, afaik only the government can setup public openspace wifi hotspots.

The only place i know in paris with public hotspots is in the business suburb, and even there it has a weak signal and slow speed.

Some joints offer WiFi (Mac Donalds for example) but it was still snail-slow when i tried.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
fenikso said:
J0e Musashi said:
I got both JPN and PAL. It rocks. I'll do UK versions to any USA-types that want it too. I'm feeling nice today
How much would one cost shipped to Florida (with a little extra money for your time)?
Bump

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I picked up the Opera Browser DS :emb: Didn't get a chance to test it out yet, and it doesn't look like the JR stations had hotspots that would let me hitch my DS to it without some additional setup. All these places ask you to have WEP key encryption turned off, but how does one actually go about doing that? I'll test it out tomorrow or sometime this weekend, post impressions then.

bokmeow

Plan on testing out the Opera Browser DS tomorrow. If anyone's around, I might be at McDonald's for as long as the battery life holds, from morning to afternoon. Will be going on WFC with Tetris, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, maybe even Clubhouse Games (haven't even broken the shrinkwrap on this game yet since I got back from vacation :emb:). Anyways, just letting you guys know. I'm hoping the phpchat will just work dandy in Opera. If it don't work, at the very least I'm guessing the forums will.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
phpchat works fine. The browser eats the DS' battery in no time though

bokmeow

sweet, I'm posting with the opera browser rigt now. turned off images to speed up loading time . Better than I expected.
Who wants to Mario Kart?

Update: Omg, the more I use Opera the more impressed I am with the speed at which it fetches data. Nowhere near the 20 seconds that some reviewrs mention, more like 5-6 seconds

Last edited:

bokmeow

Hmmmmm, the Wikipedia entry for Opera DS browser says the next stop will be North America, though there is no release date :spock:

Wikipedia said:
The North American release date is not announced; however, an Opera spokeswoman has confirmed that the browser's next stop will be the US, although no timelines were disclosed. It is estimated [citation needed] that it will cost $32.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
bokmeow said:
Hmmmmm, the Wikipedia entry for Opera DS browser says the next stop will be North America, though there is no release date :spock:
Holy shit! That's awesome. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it to happen, but at least there is a glimmer of hope.