OLD films you like... but would be shunned by todays "Standards"....

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Kids in the Halls Brain Candy

Making fun of fags when you're gay (not all of them) is wrong ...hahahaha

Well the problem isn’t gays making fun of gays, but of gays making fun of transexuals, or of cross dressing men who aren’t transsexual coopting cross dress culture.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I know they acted like ladies but transgender or transsexual I don't think they did that.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I know they acted like ladies but transgender or transsexual I don't think they did that.

You’re not following me.

Semi serious:
The past 3 years we have seen a high uptick in transphilia, from Euphoria in HBO, to Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix. Starz seems to be going to same route, but also going after every minority group in between. The result is that the quality of the shows has gone down - not because of the actors, but just the storytelling, hyper focused on identity issues, is fucking boring. But god help you if you say that because people with feelz will come out in force and people who don’t have feelz won’t stop them from killing anyone who says something offensive.

KitH is one of the greatest shows to ever air on tv. I was genuinely excited to see Scott Thompson on that episode of American Gods and then sad when he abruptly died.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You’re not following me.

Semi serious:
The past 3 years we have seen a high uptick in transphilia, from Euphoria in HBO, to Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix. Starz seems to be going to same route, but also going after every minority group in between. The result is that the quality of the shows has gone down - not because of the actors, but just the storytelling, hyper focused on identity issues, is fucking boring. But god help you if you say that because people with feelz will come out in force and people who don’t have feelz won’t stop them from killing anyone who says something offensive.

I remember in the 90s the video game violence debate. "Video games influence people to shoot schools!"

Many who played video games and those in the industry denounced it...but, it is true that media DOES influence people - music, movies, video games, TV shows, etc. Do they influence people to kill? No, but they influence their character, their decisions, who they want to be, their way of thinking etc.

Can't wait for America in 2050 to be Thailand mk.II.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

Thought the dust of you is gone
And the word of what is done

Fate reclaims the throne
Of revolution's bones

Come with me
Drink away our beauty
We can fight them
I can’t say that I can change the world
But if you let me
I can change our world for us
Come with me and
Live

-Revolution Bones
Paolo Buonvino

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I remember in the 90s the video game violence debate. "Video games influence people to shoot schools!"

Many who played video games and those in the industry denounced it...but, it is true that media DOES influence people - music, movies, video games, TV shows, etc. Do they influence people to kill? No, but they influence their character, their decisions, who they want to be, their way of thinking etc.

I think the idea is to normalize behaviors that were dubious in the past. And while it’s good to make people feel comfortable in their own skin, but that’s not kids. Kids do things to fit in, and seek approval. How else can we explain the bad haircuts, and clothes that just don’t look right for that person, or why FortNite is popular (it doesn’t look fun, or good). But I digress.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
If I fall asleep watching Tubi, you can bet the next show loaded will be lbqtvrp. Not the next movie in my cue.

That's kinda boring with the content quality issues you mentioned Wasabi.

Agreed about KitH.

Last edited:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
You’re not following me.

Semi serious:

KitH is one of the greatest shows to ever air on tv. I was genuinely excited to see Scott Thompson on that episode of American Gods and then sad when he abruptly died.

Don't know that I'd call it transphilia so much as an incredibly sad and transparent attempt to appeal to a demographic (the hyper-woke Twitter mobs). Plus they saw how successful Transparent was for Amazon and Hollywood loves few things more than trend-chasing that looks embarrassing in hindsight. Agree wholeheartedly on the walking on eggshells though. The Black Christmas remake from last year was skin-peelingly bad but because it was wrapped in hyper-woke feminism, most of the negative reviews and commentary on it were tamped down with accusations of misogyny and "fragile masculinity". In the horror genre of all fucking places which has been built on the backs of strong female leading roles for the last forty years.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Don't know that I'd call it transphilia so much as an incredibly sad and transparent attempt to appeal to a demographic (the hyper-woke Twitter mobs). Plus they saw how successful Transparent was for Amazon and Hollywood loves few things more than trend-chasing that looks embarrassing in hindsight. Agree wholeheartedly on the walking on eggshells though. The Black Christmas remake from last year was skin-peelingly bad but because it was wrapped in hyper-woke feminism, most of the negative reviews and commentary on it were tamped down with accusations of misogyny and "fragile masculinity". In the horror genre of all fucking places which has been built on the backs of strong female leading roles for the last forty years.

Black Christmas 2019 was a fucking abomination. I walked out of the theater and went to see something else instead.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I just watched Jaws....

I am disgusted that the Shark only killed white folks...

@whiteliveshonestlymatter.com...

xROTx

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Black Christmas was so woke even woke critics hated it.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I just watched Jaws....

xROTx

Yeah, Jaws is probably racist because it implies that black people don't boat or swim.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I just watched Jaws....

xROTx

Good thing Ralphie May is dead. Probably can't do this bit anymore.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
i assume trading places would be safe from being shunned. best eddie murphy movie.

trading places > coming to america > beverly hills cop

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Good thing Ralphie May is dead. Probably can't do this bit anymore.

Peoplenl that engage in cancel culture are DEFINITELY dumb enough to try and cancel Ralphie May in 2020.

And they could still whine and get his content pulled down. No one is immune to erasure in current t year.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
We watched The Toy last night. Buying a black man as a toy for a white rich boy would not go to well these days. My son loved it. Watch this a lot as a kid as i was huge fan of Pryor. Im sure white guilt would shun this film. There is also the whole KKK thing that came out of nowhere. Also, fammicommander would probably get Michael JacksonPTSD watching this...

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
We watched The Toy last night. Buying a black man as a toy for a white rich boy would not go to well these days. My son loved it. Watch this a lot as a kid as i was huge fan of Pryor. Im sure white guilt would shun this film. There is also the whole KKK thing that came out of nowhere. Also, fammicommander would probably get Michael JacksonPTSD watching this...

Loved that movie as a kid myself. It's all about rich people dehumanizing the poor. It's satire and well done at that.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

The Michael Jackson version of The Toy would have a black man getting a small white boy as a toy, and it would be banned in most countries, possible exceptions being Venezuela, Serbia, the DRC, and the Vatican.