offical wwe thread

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It is, I enjoy it when the old timers that were actually decent have some good stories to tell. Bobby the Brain comes to mind...poor guy though, he was already heading down...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I agree, I enjoyed some Table for 3 episodes...and to contradict that a bit, I truly enjoyed New Day's episode, they're just too funny, sometimes annoying but funny. In all honesty I wish Ric Flair had retired earlier and had come back to tell stories during the tenure of his return...he's my overall favorite...I know he's not the greatest wrestler ever but prowrestler? You bet your ass he is. I've always discern the 2 as it's only natural that a true wrestler is more of a true competitor vs the entertainment aspect of prowrestling which is a show, that's just how I cope with it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Legends of Wrestling (which is still on the network), is way better than table for 3. Not sure why. It just is.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
One of my favorite wrestling stories (obviously not on table for 3 or Legends of wrestling) is how George South "messed up" a match with Lawler. (He kicked out of the fist drop because Lawler told that the finish was going to be a piledriver).

So the worlds greatest jobber kicked out of Lawler's signature finisher.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I don't qualify listening to Ryback tell a story about how he fucked up a match as "entertaining."

Ryback is a joke, I don't understand why do this guys which seem capable can't fucking train and learn how to wrestle...is it so hard when you're getting paid to train to just try and learn something? Ryback, Cena, all them mongrels, jesus, they seem flexible and athletic enough so what gives?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Ryback is a joke, I don't understand why do this guys which seem capable can't fucking train and learn how to wrestle...is it so hard when you're getting paid to train to just try and learn something? Ryback, Cena, all them mongrels, jesus, they seem flexible and athletic enough so what gives?

Because Vince looks for all or a combination of these things in a moneymaker:

1. Tall
2. Built
3. Good-looking
4. Can star in movies

Everything else, he feels, can be taught as they go.

If they busted Reigns back to developmental for 12 or 18 months and made him learn some more moves and some decent mic work, that fucker would be bigger than The Rock.

However, there's a snowball's chance in hell that it's EVER going to happen, and WWE will remain in the awful position that its in.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
No amount of training would put Reigns on or anywhere close to Rocky's level. The Rock wasn't an extremely gifted wrestler from a technical perspective but he had excellent pacing, psychology, and charisma in the ring. He was more than athletic enough and his offense and selling were convincing (his fucking basic elbow drop with theatrics was the most over finisher in wrestling for a while there). And he was actually in shape, whereas Reigns wears a fat vest and has to take a half hour nap during the Rumble. And his mic skills are in an entirely different galaxy from Reigns. Reigns lacks his comedic timing, his pure charisma, his mannerisms.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Kevin Steen is still my pick to win the Money in the Bank match at the eponymous PPV.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I don't qualify listening to Ryback tell a story about how he fucked up a match as "entertaining."

I don't qualify Michael Hayes working every conversation into reminding us he was a member of The Freebirds every two minutes

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
I don't qualify Michael Hayes working every conversation into reminding us he was a member of The Freebirds every two minutes

Hell be remembered more for being Doc Hendrix, and the guy that held the mic at King of The Ring when Austin beat Jake Roberts.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
No amount of training would put Reigns on or anywhere close to Rocky's level. The Rock wasn't an extremely gifted wrestler from a technical perspective but he had excellent pacing, psychology, and charisma in the ring. He was more than athletic enough and his offense and selling were convincing (his fucking basic elbow drop with theatrics was the most over finisher in wrestling for a while there). And he was actually in shape, whereas Reigns wears a fat vest and has to take a half hour nap during the Rumble. And his mic skills are in an entirely different galaxy from Reigns. Reigns lacks his comedic timing, his pure charisma, his mannerisms.

While I agree whole heartedly 'cause I actually love the Rock's charisma, I just don't see how is it that Roman cannot get going, what is it so hard about learning? It really isn't, once you have down moving in the ring and working all the aspects of it...you know, bounce, corners, ropes, learn to no walk like a duck, sliding, rolling, the cardio and all that stuff, grappling should be extremely important and the fact that he can't do a decent samoyan drop for his life just irritates the shit out of me. How can you not learn?!

Also Vince's idea of not showing the great stuff often 'cause it gets old is annoying as hell, he used to do it to Macho all the time, I guess 'cause he would make the others look dumb? I dunno, Steamboat seem pretty up to par, so I don't get it...

I just don't like what they are doing at developmental, it seems like they're not providing the newcomers with the knowledge they need to understand that you can always learn something new and that there's always that chance you can wow the crowd with something different here and there.

Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Misterio Jr. Halloween Havoc '98...why can't prowrestlers just innovate like that? I'm not saying go 250lbs man and fly from the top rope, that's not it, just make it fucking exciting, learn to move better, make better grapples, even on the revered stuff I see on youtube it's just not happening. Some of it happens in Lucha Underground with Puma, but then again not everyone can be that agile...all I'm saying is, some Imagination damn it!

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Surprise surprise, Roadblock was fucking awful.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Freebirds were the shit.

Anyways, If I were Micheal PS Hayes, I'd remind everybody that I was in Highlander.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Surprise surprise, Roadblock was fucking awful.

What's awful is that while this shit was going on, the W was having a house show in Atlantic City, which featured an amazing 30 minute match between AJ and Owens. Horribad booking.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Hell be remembered more for being Doc Hendrix, and the guy that held the mic at King of The Ring when Austin beat Jake Roberts.

Will he really? Up until probably around 2005 they never mentioned Hayes by name holding that mic( Hayes himself will remind you he was during the Legends table ) and rarely mentioned it was Jake that he beat.

He might be remembered for being the Hardys first manager

Roadblock was a nice house show in that both tag matches, Womens and Zayn/Stardust had been good matches everything else not so much

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
Will he really? Up until probably around 2005 they never mentioned Hayes by name holding that mic( Hayes himself will remind you he was during the Legends table ) and rarely mentioned it was Jake that he beat.

I'm sure anyone that watches the video will see Hayes front and center.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I really enjoyed the first half of the match between Trips and Ziggler tonight. It was an absolute time capsule until it got stupid with all the false finishes.

I feel that the constant kickouts of finishers is just another example of the big problem with how matches are booked these days. I just miss the days of a finisher actually, you know, finishing the match.

And what did that finish get either guy? As good as it started, it ended horribly. Sorry, but a loss wouldn't have hurt Trips at all and it only would have helped Ziggler.

So even after the great start, turned into just another shit match with no meaning whatesoever.

EDIT: LOL At Roman Reigns being booed the whole time he was beating on Trips.

WWE needs to face facts. This guy's time has passed unless they turn him heel.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I really enjoyed the first half of the match between Trips and Ziggler tonight. It was an absolute time capsule until it got stupid with all the false finishes.

I feel that the constant kickouts of finishers is just another example of the big problem with how matches are booked these days. I just miss the days of a finisher actually, you know, finishing the match.

And what did that finish get either guy? As good as it started, it ended horribly. Sorry, but a loss wouldn't have hurt Trips at all and it only would have helped Ziggler.

So even after the great start, turned into just another shit match with no meaning whatesoever.

EDIT: LOL At Roman Reigns being booed the whole time he was beating on Trips.

WWE needs to face facts. This guy's time has passed unless they turn him heel.

That LCD TV shot is the best thing I've seen in a long time. When it broke apart and you can see the peice of trans lite that has the raw logo printed on it falling out...LOL

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

They have gone to the well to many times with false finishes. It used to be that if you kicked out of a finish, it meant something (Like earlier when I mentioned George South accidentally kicking out of Lawler's Fist Drop. And a match with multiple false finishes was the most exciting thing.

So they still try to use false finishes to build excitement (but nobody's buying it), and leave out in-match storytelling.

Nothing beats good ol' fashioned in the ring storytelling. How does an overmatched hero overcome a much bigger, stronger villain? It works in every genre. From hulk Hogan to Macguyver to Batman to Perseus.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
And as far as ratings and out of the ring storytelling goes: Nothing on TV beats a slow burning romantic angle.

They can keep bringing back the McMahons for stupid power angles... But a good slow burning romance actually keeps viewers coming back.

Last edited: