offical wwe thread

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Finally caught New Japan on AXS TV and holy shit!

Most matches are from 2013 at the moment but English commentary is fucking great, Josh Barnett and Mauro Ranallo are doing a great job of putting over the product and being informative.

Really wish I had AXS at my house because I'd quit watching WWE. If NJPW ever adds English commentary to New Japan World my head will fucking explode!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Another really boring Raw. I'm so not feeling WM, and I would guess a lot of other fans aren't, either.

Seeing Sting doing his thing, even at 54 or whatever, in a WWE ring is cool, but that's honestly the only match I'm really eager to see.

The tag title picture is laughable, the Divas are finally getting taken a little more seriously (that match last night must have gone close to ten minutes), and the AJ/Paige thing still supersedes it.

The build to Wyatt/'Taker is really hurting from Calloway not working beforehand.

The title match is going to be all kinds of awful- I think Rollins has to be added to it or clearly planning to cash in in order to keep the crowd from completely shitting on it from the start (though a Lesnar win would help, if creative has balls).

Rollins and Orton should be decent, but Rollins' character has taken a major hit lately, since he's so stupid all of a sudden.

Sandow/Miz is probably the second-best match on the card, for me.

Shitty work, WWE.

edit: Chants for Lana! That's the only good part of that mess. Oh, and was it me, or did Barrett's bullhammer elbows show a TON of daylight? And WTF is up with Reigns' eyes?

And if Lesnar/Reigns goes on last, that seems like a recipe for disaster (unless Rollins cashes in)- if they want to ensure that the show ends well, seems like Hunter/Sting should be the actual last match main event. That would sort of devalue the title, but at least there wouldn't be the threat of closing on Reigns winning and getting, say, pelted with garbage and booed.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Reigns isn't going to win. This is Lesnar we're talking about here. Yes Triple Douche beat him on WM29, yes he lost to Cena sometime before that but damn it! Reigns cannot beat Lesnar after beating the Undertaker. No way, no how. Damn it, I know I sound like fanboy, yes I am a Lesnar fanboy, I celebrated all his accomplishments and I felt for him when he got sick, he's a true consummate athlete, the real deal and now with guys like Eddie, Kurt, Benoit, Malenko gone, there really isn't much left as real deal wrestlers go in the WWE.

If Reigns beats Lesnar I'm done with WWE. I'm sure it means shit to WWE but I'm hoping I'm not alone on this so they can feel the frustration and the dire need to level up the playfield..

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm only excited about Mania because I'm going over my friend's house and he's got arcade games and pinball machines. Any dull moments, just get up and play FunHouse, Lord of The Rings or Medivial Madness. If Reigns wins and they don't have Rollins cash in, I'll be upset. I'll stick around for the night after Raw to see the hot crowd shit all over it and call it a day until things pick back up again.

I just don't care that much about this year's show. Other then hopefully having Sandow finally beating the ever loving shit out of The Miz at the Battle Royalle then I could care less. I'd rather see D-Bry and Ziggs in a one on one match then a fucking dangerous ladder match. Let's have the top guy who just came back from neck surgery be in one of the worst, physical matches. That'll extend the life of his career.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Hate to double bump the thread, but I wanted to know what everybody else thought of the bullshit on Raw. If you didn't notice the TEN GUYS sitting in the front row all dressed up as their favorite classic WWF wrestlers, the staff told them they where being too distracting and told them if they didn't change their outfits they'd kick them out of the show. So if you go back and watch the first part you'll see Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior and Ric Flair in the front row and when they come back from commercial they're all wearing Uso's and Golddust t-shirts.

What a crock of fucking shit. My god, I used to see people in the audience dressed up as their favorite characters all the goddamn time. If you ever went to a house show in the NYC/Long Island area during the 80's there was this guy who used to go to every show dressed up as Hulk Hogan. And unlike the guys in the front row of Raw the guy used to go around in character, riling the crowd up and even taunting the other wrestlers like Hulk Hogan...and EVERYBODY including Hulk Hogan himself loved it!

One of the guys wrote a letter to WWE asking why they decided on doing that and then put a jab in at the end saying, "If my friends came to the show dressed up as John Cena and Roman Reigns would you have told us to change our outfits then?"

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Wow that's fucking BS, I'm gonna re-watch and pay attention to the crowd. Usually I just pay attention to the "wrestling".

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Hate to double bump the thread, but I wanted to know what everybody else thought of the bullshit on Raw. If you didn't notice the TEN GUYS sitting in the front row all dressed up as their favorite classic WWF wrestlers, the staff told them they where being too distracting and told them if they didn't change their outfits they'd kick them out of the show. So if you go back and watch the first part you'll see Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior and Ric Flair in the front row and when they come back from commercial they're all wearing Uso's and Golddust t-shirts.

What a crock of fucking shit. My god, I used to see people in the audience dressed up as their favorite characters all the goddamn time. If you ever went to a house show in the NYC/Long Island area during the 80's there was this guy who used to go to every show dressed up as Hulk Hogan. And unlike the guys in the front row of Raw the guy used to go around in character, riling the crowd up and even taunting the other wrestlers like Hulk Hogan...and EVERYBODY including Hulk Hogan himself loved it!

One of the guys wrote a letter to WWE asking why they decided on doing that and then put a jab in at the end saying, "If my friends came to the show dressed up as John Cena and Roman Reigns would you have told us to change our outfits then?"
Here's the article on what happened which I read moments before coming here.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
It's BS, pure and simple. A good hot crowd will make your event more fun, for those in attendance as well as those watching at home. They weren't a bunch of smark jackasses trying to get themselves over, they were just a bunch of guys who dressed up because they love wrestling.

Also, if you're THAT worried that a couple of guys dressed up in front row are gonna suck the attention and heat from your show, you probably deserve it.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
information & video on death of El Hijo Del Perro Aguayo

New information has surfaced on the death of AAA star El Hijo Del Perro Aguayo Friday night/Saturday morning at a wrestling show in Mexico.

Video from a tag match in Tijuana, Mexico shows the following events:

- Rey Mysterio delivered a head scissors to El Hijo that sent him through the ropes to the outside. El Hijo quickly returned to the ring, where Mysterio pump-dropkicked him in the back/shoulder, sending El Hijo throat-first into the middle ropes to set up for the 619. That appears to be where the main injury occurred.

Manik (T.J. Perkins/Puma) was also set up for a 619 next to El Hijo. As El Hijo rested on the middle rope, Manik can be seen checking El Hijo to see if he is okay, as El Hijo appeared to be limp while resting on the middle rope.

Mysterio then went for the 619, but missed both El Hijo and Manik, who ducked. Mysterio shook the ropes when he grabbed the ropes in mid-air to avoid both opponents, then paused when he saw that something was off with El Hijo.

The match continued with the wrestlers hurriedly trying to go to a finish as El Hijo slumped down to the mat. Mysterio set up Manik for a 619, connected, and hit a top-rope splash for the win.

Mysterio and his tag partner, Tigre Uno, then talked to the crowd to wrap up the show. Mysterio can be seen pacing the ring obviously concerned about El Hijo's health after he was taken out of the ring by officials.

- Video from backstage after the match shows El Hijo on a backbrace and placed in an ambulance to be taken to the local Hospital del Prado. Paramedics tried to stabilize El Hijo's throat/neck as he was transported.

However, El Hijo was pronounced dead around 1:00 a.m. local time, according to local news reports.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
The people that are making claim that Rey killed Perro Aguayo Jr. are fucking sick. AAA had possibly their worst week ever and this was the exclamation point to it.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Watching the video of El Hijo the other day was pretty brutal. The way he just slumps down like that, looks pretty nasty. I feel for Rey and the other two guys in that match, that would be a terrible experience.

On a different note, SI.com has a solid interview with Michael Cole up. Good stuff.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The "NXT Tournament Winner" is in the Andre Battle Royale- so I assume that's Finn Balor? He seems to be setting himself apart from the other guys, would make sense for him to get the exposure.

edit: the Divas tag match (or whatever has to follow the IC title match) is going to be in trouble.

edit again: ya gotta throw Axel into the main and make it a triple-threat, right? The push and crowd reaction are reminding me a little too much of Zack Ryder for comfort.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The "NXT Tournament Winner" is in the Andre Battle Royale- so I assume that's Finn Balor? He seems to be setting himself apart from the other guys, would make sense for him to get the exposure..

Possibly. The European tour starts in a few weeks.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Love this from last night's RAW. At the least we can use it as the banhammer!!!

wwe01_zpsolriid82.gif

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Brock should have wacked that fool for grabbing his belt, fucking clubber him to the ground, disrespectful little shit. He'll get his at WM.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
In what was a little bit of a surprise, Brock Lesnar signs new deal with WWE, closes book on UFC comeback.

WWE World Hvt. champion Brock Lesnar appeared on ESPN SportsCenter from Los Angeles Tuesday afternoon to deliver big news that he has re-signed with WWE and is officially closing the door on UFC.

Lesnar sat down with ESPN host Michelle Beadle to discuss WrestleMania 31 and his decision to re-sign with WWE, which he said was finalized Monday at Raw.

"Last night, old Vince (McMahon) put the offer on the table that I could not refuse," Lesnar said in the sit-down interview.

Lesnar said his WWE legacy will not end Sunday night at WrestleMania, as he will continue working a part-time schedule with full-time pay.

As he struggled to find the words to sum up the last year of wrestling with his future, Lesnar said it was a "very hard decision" to completely walk away from UFC. He said that it took one year to make the decision, and he spent the past two months training to get back to UFC.

"I felt physically great, but something was lacking mentally," Lesnar said about his UFC training. Lesnar said he decided that it was not worth the training at this stage of his life to fight again, despite the competitor inside him wanting to fix his last UFC loss.

Lesnar said he talked to UFC president Dana White and WWE head Vince McMahon when weighing his decision. At the end of the day, Lesnar said, WWE won out.

"I am officially closing the door on MMA," Lesnar said as ESPN flashed a headline on the screen reading: "Brock Lesnar rules out returning to MMA. Will remain with WWE."

As for why he announced the decision before WrestleMania, Lesnar said he wanted to be fair to the fans knowing that WrestleMania was not going to be his last event. He also vowed to "go home with that damn belt," referring to the WWE World Title.

Lesnar also addressed appearing at the UFC 184 event in Los Angeles in February. Lesnar said he wanted to feel the energy of a UFC show again - and to see Ronda Rousey fight. However, he decided that he was better off as an entertainer for WWE and spectator for UFC.

ESPN then went to former WWE announcer Jonathan Coachman for reaction from ESPN's Connecticut studios. Coachman asked Lesnar why he chose entertainment over fighting.

Lesnar said the older you get, the wiser you become and he did not want be "that guy" who retires and comes back to fight again.

Lesnar reiterated that it was not an overnight decision, but a long, heartfelt decision after weighting the pros and cons. He said that he is healthy and his well-being was important at his age.

"I've been in a bad position with health and money. Now, I'm in a good position with both," Lesnar said. "And I'm happy."

Lesnar added, "I love being in the squared circle. I just hated the outside ambiance of everything else," referring to his past disputes with WWE. He closed by saying why he needs the part-time schedule: "It's all fake but the money and the miles. Me and the highway did not get along."

Coach talked up Lesnar's title defense against Reigns at WrestleMania 31 on Sunday to close the interview segment.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
My guess is Brock will walk away the champion. I don't see him staying if that wasn't the case.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
As he should.

I feel for Brock wanting to go back and compete, his sickness will never let him compete at full power, he seems so bent on believing otherwise but it's a reality. I'm glad he passed on UFC and I'm glad he resigned with WWE. He can hang unto that belt for a good 5 years as far as I'm concerned.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Brock is the hottest talent in the promotion. Letting him go would have been a bad move. Glad to see he'll be sticking around.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
And at least the outcome of the main isn't quite as obvious as it would have been otherwise.

If they're still dead-set on putting the belt on Reigns, I like the idea of putting The Shield back together. Reigns could go back to being the strong silent type, Ambrose would have the IC title, and Rollins would be the one neither would be completely sure to trust. It would take some good promo work to sell it, but it would definitely beat just putting the title on Reigns straightaway.

Since they'd be risking utter chaos if Reigns wins straight-up, it seems like there HAS to be some swerve-ish booking. The simplest would be for Reigns to win and then Rollins cashes in, successfully. Next would be reforming The Shield. Last would be Brock winning. That would be great, obviously, though I still think it's highly unlikely, unless the company has soured on Reigns all of a sudden (which isn't impossible). The only other guys that I think might (might) be considered as worthy of going over Lesnar are Rollins and Rusev.

TBH, my preferred outcome would be Lesnar winning, Rusev beating Cena, and then eventually giving Rusev the win over Brock. Brock could work face or tweener, and Rusev would come out as the hottest monster heel in forever.