offical wwe thread

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I never said he wasn't any good, he's good but he hasn't been doing good for a long time...and I don't mean winning matches. His double axle drop is so fugly lately, the little personality that it used to have has been washed away by mediocre execution.

It would be nice if he was allowed to do the perfect plex.

Anyways, Axle-mania was running wild at the house show I went to. He did the full Hulk-Schtick in his 3 way match with Rose against Miz/Mizdow and Prime Time Players. He did the hulk promo, got his ass kicked and then did the big No-Selling comeback to the big boot. That failed and he did all the Hollywood moves (like the back rake) and ended up with a second big boot for the win. Then did all the hulk poses with Mizdow. Sure, Henning can't do the Hulk gimmick for too long. But at least he has the chance to get himself over and transition (like Sandow did).

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Got really excited when I found out The Barclay's Center was going to host SummerSlam...then I found out I'll be coming home from Florida the same exact day. Damn it. Hopefully they'll be a Raw down the line. Haven't been to a live wrestling show in a good 10 years.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Got really excited when I found out The Barclay's Center was going to host SummerSlam...then I found out I'll be coming home from Florida the same exact day. Damn it. Hopefully they'll be a Raw down the line. Haven't been to a live wrestling show in a good 10 years.

They hit the NYC market about 4-6 times a year. Figure 1 PPV, 2 TV's and 2-4 big house shows.

I'd be going to the Summer Slam but my GF wanted to get RAW tickets for Albany next month. I was like... Hey, we should wait and see if the Summerslam is in NY/BK this year.... I heard it was.... She didn't want to wait and went with the raw. Now she wishes she had waited.

I also have a feeling that Wrestlemania will be in Philly in two years.... I might go for that.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Going to my first house show in almost 20 years for ROH in Chicago Ridge on the 14th. My buddy brought up the idea since one of Samoa Joe's 4 shows was in our neck of the woods and it seemed too good to pass up.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Going to my first house show in almost 20 years for ROH in Chicago Ridge on the 14th. My buddy brought up the idea since one of Samoa Joe's 4 shows was in our neck of the woods and it seemed too good to pass up.

Which is exactly why me and a friend are going when they come nearby us

Scratch that off the bucket list

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Other than Orton finally turning on Rollins and doing what I thought was a nice job of getting heat on the match for WM, Raw was so, so boring. I know they're in a little bit of a holding pattern until the 29th, but you have to get people excited for the show. That was not doing it for me, at least.

Also, Wiz Khalifa is a good example of what can happen if you do too many drugs (I'm kidding, but damn, the guy looks like he's 75 years old).

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Wiz's legs look so much like twigs I keep waiting to hear how they snapped in two

spoonz

Quiz Detective
They actually changed the pitch of his voice, at times you could clearly tell it was him.

After catching up on a few weeks of Raw, I'm really liking the direction of the IC match. Truth has been hilarious over the past couple of weeks.

Surprisingly enough I am really excited to see Bray vs Taker I just hope they don't use Man Comes Around as his theme.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Bill is done. Looks like the freight engine picked up a lot of steam after that complaint got to Reddit and elsewhere.

Good to hear, fuck that guy. Seems entirely likely to me, at least, that Billy Gunn will get offered the spot, though I think it would be cool if Sara Del Rey had first shot at it."

You know, if Bill Demott was training wrestlers, most of his actions would be almost acceptable. But he isn't there to train wrestlers, he is there to train sports entertainers.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
You know, if Bill Demott was training wrestlers, most of his actions would be almost acceptable. But he isn't there to train wrestlers, he is there to train sports entertainers.
That basic idea struck me as well- I doubt Bill DeMott even begins to compare to Stu Hart. Or various other trainers are like that, too, I'm sure. It's the nature of what's being taught, that you act like a hard-ass and see who breaks. Similar to football, boot camp, etc.

But doing it at such a high-profile public position was bound to get him in trouble sooner or later. And I do think some of his stuff was taken too far even given the above, like forcing trainees to slam another trainee wrong when they slammed the bag wrong- that's a great way to get someone hurt for no good reason (you can break a bad habit via other means than having someone injure someone else).

Especially when you read about how great Steamboat and Del Rey are with trainees. Like Bill was the last old-school holdout I guess.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Right,
If you look through all of the allegations, there was a lot more than just old school toughness.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
??? Pffft lol Bill training wrestlers, he barely is a wrestler himself.
Albert is now the head coach and while he was never the biggest star, he sure has lots of years of experience and has been around the world and best of all doesn't yell slurs at the students.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Albert is now the head coach and while he was never the biggest star, he sure has lots of years of experience and has been around the world and best of all doesn't yell slurs at the students.

He seems like a solid guy. Can't much stand his commentary but he does seem be much more of a people person than BD was. It'll be interesting to see if he draws much from his time in Japan, since he got so much more over there. The styles are so different other than the same need to tell a story (which NWJP tends to do better, I'd say).

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That basic idea struck me as well- I doubt Bill DeMott even begins to compare to Stu Hart. Or various other trainers are like that, too, I'm sure. It's the nature of what's being taught, that you act like a hard-ass and see who breaks. Similar to football, boot camp, etc.

But doing it at such a high-profile public position was bound to get him in trouble sooner or later. And I do think some of his stuff was taken too far even given the above, like forcing trainees to slam another trainee wrong when they slammed the bag wrong- that's a great way to get someone hurt for no good reason (you can break a bad habit via other means than having someone injure someone else).

Especially when you read about how great Steamboat and Del Rey are with trainees. Like Bill was the last old-school holdout I guess.
One thing is being tough and hard as nails through training with a tight regime and get the trainees to breakdown due to exhaustion and your healthy portion of trash talk but it's a whole different thing being a bigot fuck who makes trainees get hurt for no good reason. That doesn't teach anybody anything other than the fact that you're being trained by an asshole.

I don't think it takes the biggest star to do the job right, just the right wrestler.

On another note in NXT, so much hype for Hideo Itami, I don't feel like he's performing up to the expectations. Finn being next to him and with the same hype just sored through him like nothing and I'm not a huge fan of him either, just 2 or 3 actual wrestling grapples the rest feels like filler to me. Both are meh. I miss the days of Neville, Zain and Tyson Kidd already. Also the Cesaro vs Zain match at arrival was the best match in NXT to date but I'm not taking away from Neville, his matches with Tyson Kidd were tremendous, those 2 know how to get it done.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I read that the issue with Itami is that he has lightened his kicks up a bit too much in order to match the wwe style and he hasn't quite found a happy medium to make them look look believable.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
He's a highly regarded professional, it's been months, whatever he is not doing right is hurting him bad.

I feel like the whole NXT started weak, became really strong once Arrival aired and now this new wave is just meh. Don't care for Kevin Owens, Reily getting back in the ring is a disgrace to those talents that keep getting rejected, the Enzo & Cash are funny but that's about it, Sasha is good but she ain't no charlotte, current tag champs are ok, good moves, bad personalities. I'm hoping for the best, it is truly a beautiful thing what they are doing there, the set up is phenomenal, the right amount of drama without going stupid, just the right touch which I've been missing since...fuck, a long time. I'm rooting for NXT and I hope they can see what's going on, change things up or tighten up the talent and stay a steady course.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Lucha underground is way better.

THe production values alone blow away everything in North America.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah I've seen it once, it was real good, crazy in a good way to say the least.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah I've seen it once, it was real good, crazy in a good way to say the least.

Some episodes are better than others. The last one wasn't that great despite a cage match between John Morrison and the #2 Heel. But the vignettes have gotten slick as shit. The new one for Konnan was 5-stars. So un-wwe. It is like the promotion is trying to be the exact fucking opposite of the WWE.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
ROH show at Chicago Ridge was AMAZING, everything and more I could have hoped for in my first house show since I've been out of short pants. The entire card was great from top to bottom. It was the whole package, with a bit of everything.

Trey, you're in for a hell of a show!