Odd habits

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
I have several odd habits. I call them odd not because I think they are, but because when meeting new people they are quick to point them out.

I will give an example.

When eating a meal, I eat one thing until it is done before proceeding to the next thing. Something as simple as a burger and fries. I have to eat the burger, then the fries. There is no deviation. To make matters worse, I didn't even know I did it this way. It is not something I plan before it happens.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I'm kinda like that but I have to eat everything equally so it's all done around the same time.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Once you have a hold of a giant juicy burger loaded with toppings, you better hold on tight and not let go. You gotta hold it together to keep it from making a mess. I see nothing odd about this.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I have a spreadsheet... filled with names...

xROTx

PS. Some people feel it's bad way of spending my time here.... I say... they chose to piss me off... fuck 'em...

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
The food doesn't matter... It can be anything. You should see me at Thanksgiving.. Or a pot-luck at work...

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
My grandmother was one of the smartest people I've ever known but she had like fifty batshit crazy superstitions. She could help you with your calculus homework but if you opened an umbrella in the house she'd slap the shit out of you.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I have several odd habits. I call them odd not because I think they are, but because when meeting new people they are quick to point them out.

I will give an example.

When eating a meal, I eat one thing until it is done before proceeding to the next thing. Something as simple as a burger and fries. I have to eat the burger, then the fries. There is no deviation. To make matters worse, I didn't even know I did it this way. It is not something I plan before it happens.

I think that's pretty normal. I do the same thing, only I eat the fries first. Always save the best till last ;)

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I put the fries in the burger.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I think that's pretty normal. I do the same thing, only I eat the fries first. Always save the best till last ;)

This is what I do. People around me are always surprised and fear that I won't be able to eat the burger.

They are mistaken.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
I pace when I make phone calls.

I do as well. Also trying to break the cycle of fries before burger, that's been a hard one. What I'd most like to conquer is my inability to keep from checking my front door lock multiple times before I leave for work.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I always check if my fly is up in public. Give myself a sly feel...yep she's all good.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yes, I always eat one type of food at a time, drove my family nuts growing up.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I (And my Dad and Uncle) have this uncanny knack to stand exactly in the spot that blocks traffic in a home.

I pace when I talk on the phone. Shake (not sure if its the right word) my left foot when sitting. And move my hands when I talk.

I type i and ESC when typing often, as a result of using vim way too much.

I sometimes accidentally try to perform Soul Calibur moves when playing other fighting games.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Not really sure if it's odd...
but I always grab handfuls of hardware as in bolts, flat washers, lock washers, zip screws and stuff like that... I usually 9 times out of 10 will randomly grab just enough.
Totally unintentionally...

And I don't mean like 5 or 6 something easy to eyeball...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I don't let people put shoes on a table or counter. It's a side effect of growing up in an Italian household.

I eat the fries first, then the burger.

I constantly check to make sure my fly is up.

I won't let a door fully close behind me if the room I'm entering doesn't have another exit.

I'll.only ride in glass elevators.

I won't keep emails in my inbox unless I have to. People with 15k emails drive me nuts.

I could go on for days.

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member

I will give an example.

Jon from the forums does this too, I always tease him about it when we eat together when he is in town. I call it sequential eating. I don't see anything wrong with it though.

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I pace when I make phone calls.

I have an almost phobia of phone calls. Seriously, calling up my best friend on his birthday gets my palms sweaty.

And not because I'm socially awkward - I can walk up to any stranger and comfortably make conversation face to face.