Nintendo Switch

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I never would have expected to say this about a Platinum game, but Astral Chain is a huge disappointment 2 hours in. Pacing is awful and the actual gameplay isn't up to the usual standard. Story and characters are crap too.

And the game is supposedly 30 hours long. That's far too long for the poor gameplay loop that's set up not to get deathly boring. Major misfire from Platinum here.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
So the rumor is there’s going to be an SNK character in Smash on the next Nintendo direct. Even though Terry or Mai seem like the obvious choices I hope it’s Marco and the Metal Slug characters so we get a cool Slug Smash stage.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
So the rumor is there’s going to be an SNK character in Smash on the next Nintendo direct. Even though Terry or Mai seem like the obvious choices I hope it’s Marco and the Metal Slug characters so we get a cool Slug Smash stage.

There wont be.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
It's definitely an SNK character.

Nintendo Europe posted a teaster website for the next DLC character and they accidentally left SNK copyright information on the page.

I'd guess Terry, Mai, someone from SamSho, or a Slug character in a vehicle.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Terry, Mai or Kyo is my guess. They're already fighting game characters, no need to come up with new moves for them.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Terry, Mai or Kyo is my guess. They're already fighting game characters, no need to come up with new moves for them.
I'm thinking Terry, with Kyo as an Echo fighter. I'm hoping they have all of his outfits as well (FF, Garou, etc)

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Maybe someone from Samurai Shodown since that game is launching soon on Switch, right?

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Fio or gtfo

You guys don’t want to know what i’d do with a Fio amiibo

Spoiler:

Probably the same things I’ve done with my Donkey Kong amiibo...

:emb:
:help:

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Yeah, honestly it will end up being the only amiibo I ever buy. Lol!

Yeah I'm dipping on this shit too.

This was such a damn tease.

Edit: I was talking to a younger friend of mine about this and he asked me... "What's a Neo*Geo?"...

I sorta realized then and there that I'm fucking old.. lol

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Yeah I'm dipping on this shit too.

This was such a damn tease.

Edit: I was talking to a younger friend of mine about this and he asked me... "What's a Neo*Geo?"...

I sorta realized then and there that I'm fucking old.. lol

Beat him with an AES cartridge until he learns.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I never would have expected to say this about a Platinum game, but Astral Chain is a huge disappointment 2 hours in. Pacing is awful and the actual gameplay isn't up to the usual standard. Story and characters are crap too.

And the game is supposedly 30 hours long. That's far too long for the poor gameplay loop that's set up not to get deathly boring. Major misfire from Platinum here.

Disappointed to here this...had high hopes for this game. Have you continued playing? If so, feel any different about it now?

Most people are raving about it online but I don’t trust their opinions.

Raiden328i

Not so MEGA, eh?
Sorry but I've been living under a rock since I got rid of my Xbox 360 about 6 or 7 years ago. Only by chance I saw that Terry was going to be in the new smash bros on facebook.

Looking at the switch are there lots of old games like Metal Gear, Final Fantasy etc from the 90's and are these any good? I might get a switch after seeing this. And is there a lot of SNK games available

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Sorry but I've been living under a rock since I got rid of my Xbox 360 about 6 or 7 years ago. Only by chance I saw that Terry was going to be in the new smash bros on facebook.

Looking at the switch are there lots of old games like Metal Gear, Final Fantasy etc from the 90's and are these any good? I might get a switch after seeing this. And is there a lot of SNK games available
Most are good, some have issues, particularly square enix ports. Most are going to have some graphical compromises, but the majority run smoothly like Doom and Ys VIII. If you're interested in a specific game, look up a YouTube review that compares the switch version and you'll get a better idea.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Most are good, some have issues, particularly square enix ports. Most are going to have some graphical compromises, but the majority run smoothly like Doom and Ys VIII. If you're interested in a specific game, look up a YouTube review that compares the switch version and you'll get a better idea.

Doom 1 and 2 ports actually aren't that good. You're much better off just buying them on Steam or GOG and playing the .wads through a sourceport.

-They have screwed up lighting in some sections
-They require a Bethesda account
-They are locked at 35fps, which does not divide evenly into the 60hz refresh rate of the consoles. So you get stutter.
-They don't render at the same resolution they output, so there are borders
-They used the low horizontal resolution rendering mode, meaning everything looks squished (twice as wide as it should be)
-All the Nazi stuff from the Wolfenstein secret leves was scrubbed out
-All the music runs at the wrong tempo
-They used the lowest sample rate possible for all sound effects
-There are major artifacts on the screen in split screen
-They left in the secret exits that take you to the 2 super secret exclusive levels from the Xbox ports, and the levels are in the games themselves still, but the secret exits don't work so you can't reach them.
-Doom II is missing No Rest for the Living
-Final Doom is not included

They're still playable enough but there's really no excuse for fucking up games that came out between 1993 and 1995 in 2019.

Unless the Switch is your only option or you just HAVE to have them on a portable, don't buy them. Same problems apply to the PS4/XB1 ports.

They're significantly worse than the X360 and PS3 ports, which themselves have many of the same problems listed above.

Last edited:

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Anyone excited for Astral Chain or Daemon X Machina?

I think both games look great...just not sure i have the patience to sit through these types of games anymore. Kind of on the fence for both of them...

I've been really enjoying Astral Chain. Haven't really had that much time to play it but I am past tutorial stages and doing the first few missions. The game is a bit confusing at first cuz there is a lot going on but the tutorials really helped with that. Once you get the hang of the controls and figure out combat the game got more fun for me. When you are not fighting gameplay usually consist of playing detective, going around crime scenes, talking to people, and investigating.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Ah i’ll probably get it but hold off for awhile since Links Awakening is right around the corner and then Luigi’s Mansion 3 is like a month later.

Kind of have mixed feelings about Luigi’s Mansion 3. I think I said this before, but the hotel setting is stupid, with the different themed floors. My original idea was that they should have made this game called Luigi’s Odyssey and then they could have had him travel to different haunted locations all over the world. Would have made a lot more sense than the fucking hotel.

Nintendo really should hire me :p

Also I played the new Daemon x Machina demo and it was pretty boring. Will pass on that one.