NGPC Prices on the rise and rare games thin on the ground!

turq

Quiz Detective
Where are all the rare games? bugger all on fleabay now!

Rare games gonna be rare.

Almost everyone who has enough $$$ to fill out there collection buys up the rare titles as they become available.

Almost everyone who is willing to part with one of their rare titles has already cashed in.

...at least until the next price plateau.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Rare games gonna be rare.

Almost everyone who has enough $$$ to fill out there collection buys up the rare titles as they become available.

Almost everyone who is willing to part with one of their rare titles has already cashed in.

...at least until the next price plateau.

Hi Turq.

I agree :)
I think also that it does show that the rare games are genuinely rare.
Not just Reversi, but quite a few others: Cool Boarders, Shanghai, Dive Alert Becky, Picture Puzzle, Baccarat, Dynamite Sluggaer.......

Even Cotton and Evolution are appearing a lot more frequently than any of them.

I am going to be putting my copies of Baccarat, Evolution, Gal Fighters, and Picture Puzzle up on ebay with high BIN prices sometime real soon. We will see if they scooped up and how quickly.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I bought mine from eToys in 1999 and when I bought Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown with it, they were in clamshell cases with a rating sticker stuck on the back. Are they extra rare?

What do you guys think of Magical Drop? Decent. I really like it.

That's how some of mine were, and some were purchased from eToys as well.

Love Magical Drop.

This thread is making me very glad I cleaned out my friend's game store of NGPC stuff when they ended the system. I have an extra new copy of U.S. Gals Fighters around somewhere as a result.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I am going to be putting my copies of Baccarat, Evolution, Gal Fighters, and Picture Puzzle up on ebay with high BIN prices sometime real soon. We will see if they scooped up and how quickly.

I hope you rot.

That's how some of mine were, and some were purchased from eToys as well.

Love Magical Drop.

This thread is making me very glad I cleaned out my friend's game store of NGPC stuff when they ended the system. I have an extra new copy of U.S. Gals Fighters around somewhere as a result.

Magical Drop is awesome, my only problem is that is too god damn slow. Is like Magical Drop on training wheels but it is entertaining nonetheless.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Wow, why is that? I put them up for sale here and they didn't sell. Why not move them to ebay and get the most from them?

Put them for sale with a starting bid of $0.99 and see how high it goes. Not many people bought from you because you're new, but high BIN doesn't earn respect

Yeah, don't really need to earn respect through low prices. Looking to earn money and provide good customer service. If someone wants to pay the price it would seem like a fair price and I will earn the respect of that person which is a lot more valuable than Internet trolls who like to complain about how everything was cheaper back in the day. Things were cheaper, and prices are going up, that is pretty much how it works in most markets.

Put them for sale with a starting bid of $0.99 and see how high it goes. Not many people bought from you because you're new, but high BIN doesn't earn respect

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Yeah, don't really need to earn respect through low prices. Looking to earn money and provide good customer service. If someone wants to pay the price it would seem like a fair price and I will earn the respect of that person which is a lot more valuable than Internet trolls who like to complain about how everything was cheaper back in the day. Things were cheaper, and prices are going up, that is pretty much how it works in most markets.

If that's the case, I friendly suggest you gtfo.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member

You really need to research a forum before joining it.

You're just going to get ripped for that point of view. People will just assume you're a potential flipper and be cautious as far as selling to you.

Avoid posting eBay BINs but feel free to post auctions.

Bing147

n00b
I've been looking for a copy of Last Blade recently and just can't bring myself to pay what it seems to be listed for out there...

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I had no idea the NGPC would raise in value over the years. It was clearanced out in so many places.

N64 and DC titles have only marginally increased in value.

rgarla.tn550

New Challenger
Even when I first picked up a system in 2008ish prices were nowhere near this crazy. I'm glad I scooped up most of the better games relatively cheap.

delti90

Cheng's Errand Boy
I've been looking for a good copy of BioMotor Unitron, all of the CIB English ones seem to go for $70+ now on ebay. A brand new (still sealed!) copy just popped up for $55 shipped. I bought that sucker immediately.

Opinions on the sets of NGP B&W games a Spanish seller has up on FleaBay? Real?

Prices for the PAL versions have been in the range of - - World Cup '98 (~$300 US) Samurai Shodown (~$150 US), and Pocket Tennis (~$75 US) - - but this seller has all 3 for $65 US.

Not only that, but he's sold 2 sets yesterday and has 2 more sets up for sale today.

I can't seem to find them, but you might as well go for it. Paypal will literally always side with the buyer, so if it's not real you'll be able to get your money back.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
At the prices he started selling these at, it's not possible to make a bootleg for profit. Even if they were bootlegs, why these items? There are tons of gaming things that would be more lucrative to counterfeit. The much more likely possibility is that he is just selling multiples of games he doesn't have, but again, why not Nintendo games? In terms of rare Neo-Geo stuff, this is definitely the most obscure to bootleg. These are all much rarer than all other Neo-geo items of comparable price, there is just much less demand.

I don't think it's too crazy to think that some retailer had 10 (or however many of these he has) black and white games left over when the color versions came out, and they ended up getting lost in storage for 15 years instead of being immediately put on clearance.

To me, the most suspicious thing is that he keeps listing these in multiples of two. On one hand, this is a great business move to create a sense of urgency and sell stuff quickly. But if you don't know what you have and are just trying to get rid of stuff (cheaply, as he started), I would have though he would have just listed every copy he had at once.

I don't think that there have been 9 copies of the PAL B&W version of NeoGeo Cup '98 Plus sold on eBay in the past 9 years.

This is the exact same thing I told a friend when I mentioned this to him. NGC98 Plus is extremely rare, but there is also very little demand for it. If these are real (which I am think may be the case), I imagine the value will get destroyed. I bought one to check it out and compare to mine. I wish the systems he had were as relatively cheap, as I still need most of the colors.

If these turn out to be real, it's a good thing for fellow collectors. As a whole, these five games were very difficult for me to find. When I was getting them, the other four were still $50 games, but they were still a real pain to track down.

I took a gamble and made offers on B/W Pocket Tennis, Samurai Shodown, Neo Geo Cup 98 Plus, and Pocket Tennis Color. I messaged him in Spanish and he seems alright, but we'll see.

I've been burned by fakes before, but that was over a decade ago and it was pretty obvious when I got them, even though the games themselves were real, the box art was fake and it didn't come with manuals. I should really take some pictures, pretty funny stuff.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
I messaged him in spanish too and he told me he bought two boxes of brand new neo geo pocket games and consoles...
I bought world cup,tennis and kof all b&w.We'll see...

You're 3,400 km/2100 miles away, so you'll get your packages sooner. Let us know how it turns out for you.

Last edited:

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Hahaha i will surely do.He said he'll ship them tomorrow!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I had heard there were maybe 1000 copies of each of the B&W PAL titles, so two boxes account for 20 - 24 of them.

I still don't understand the seller's pricing strategy though. :confused: Why not sell them one at a time every six months for 10x as much?

There are no PAL titles.

You mean the UK releases.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I had heard there were maybe 1000 copies of each of the B&W PAL titles, so two boxes account for 20 - 24 of them.

I still don't understand the seller's pricing strategy though. :confused: Why not sell them one at a time every six months for 10x as much?

Guess he's not 'in the scene', so he doesn't know for what they usually go for.