9496705581_ccf8a4166c_c.jpg

9499506196_ea53924201_c.jpg

9499510332_f54526ebcf_c.jpg

9499513464_f07493cccf_c.jpg

9499516968_b7af77550b_c.jpg

IMG_20130811_215001.jpg

wildo2ne

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I had recently being talking with Dion on Ebay about purchasing an cart from him (did not do it, wanted too much) but he sent me a lengthy message that I will post below. He comments about how Serious Collectors of this board use his service to authenticate carts and I wanted to find out if this was true or not.

EBay Message:

I never take anything personally or as an attack.
NeoGeoFreak/NGF-USA was the only authorized distributor of neogeo aes consumer items in the usa from 1996-2001. We helped sites like neeogeo.com get started when he first got into collecting and when he first started selling aes cartridges.

During the past few years many aes cartridges have been counterfeited/reproduced. All games from NeoGeoFreak are sold with full authentication and serious collectors want their carts authenticated. All the serious collectors that own a KoF2000 have sent in their cart for authentication. Check the NeoGeoFreak facbook page and see all the various pics.

You can also check out threads at neo-geo.com: KoF2000 authentication explained, NeoGeoFreak answers and history, and many more. Check out assemblergames for the NeoGeoFreak thread (almost 1 million views with tons of pics and questions answered.
Also do a youtube search for Dion Dakis to see video interviews explaining many things during our time as exclusive neogeo aes distributor. There is also a video about authentication to help you get a better understanding.

Lastly, don't be fooled by a few negative comments from a few sour members at those neo forums. The people who complain are childish and they just want to start drama and trouble. Most members at that site don't even have a neo collection.

Members like 8man, Mahesak, Stefano, etc... "the serious collectors" all deal/dealt with NeoGeoFreak. We also made many more exclusive licensed releases of games previously unavailable on aes: Bang Bead, Bust-a-Move, Diggerman, Irritating Maze, ZedBlade, Zupapa.

thank you,
Dion Dakis

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
For me, I have 2 KOF2000 English in original and decided to send one back to NGF(Dion) for making authentication. I got very professional done from Dion and Chris for processes and very pleased. Dion sent every processes of my KOF2000 in authentication update information until the date he sent back to me. No any fee or service.

This is my experience of KOF2000 English authentication that I got from NGF and feel very pleased in their professional :)

For the other, I don't know and can't let any comments ;)

Regards,
Saad

wildo2ne

Tarma's Gun Polisher
What does the authentication do for you? does it raise the price or does it just make you feel better that someone said it is real?

not asking to be an ass, trying to understand.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
This is my experience of KOF2000 English authentication that I got from NGF and feel very pleased in their professional :)

If you're too stupid to not see this for what it is (a sleazy upsale tactic), then you're just the kind of person they're looking for.

They're fishing for people dumb enough to buy their product, then getting their information for a later sale.

You people need to be saved from yourselves.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
What does the authentication do for you? does it raise the price or does it just make you feel better that someone said it is real?

I don't think for price raise or show my copy is legit because I bought from trust seller who bought at the time first released but I like the certificate of authentication and sticker of limited number ....

People are not same and have different thought for collection so anything you feel pleased, do it with your thought. I don't send my both KOF2000 English back to authentication because I thought one is enough.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
"serious collectors" , proceeds to name two of the more gullible ones. :lolz:
Hand me that popcorn...and someone needs to get Chris "boytoy" Ray in here.

Last edited:

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
If you're too stupid to not see this for what it is (a sleazy upsale tactic), then you're just the kind of person they're looking for.

They're fishing for people dumb enough to buy their product, then getting their information for a later sale.

You people need to be saved from yourselves.

Yes, I know and tried to read many thread here. But I had done only KOF2000 English and I can tell what I got from them with honestly. I know what people got and said here. So I must said my experience about KOF2000 English only .... The other I can't let any comments.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
"That site totally sucks! Those guys are petty, but look there for information that we posted or for proof of how awesome we are!"

I expect nothing more from some one who assaulted a defenseless kid.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I love this picture... for some reason picture the person on the far right as Kernow

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Every few years some new kid finds their way onto the NGF minefield and "KA-BOOM".

And just like every time before, I'll gladly sit on the sidelines relaxing in my lawn chair with a cold one and some snacks enjoying the fireworks.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Only those people who have the need to pay a few grand for an "authentic" english insert and manual (both ink-jetted pieces of papers) need deal with them. To be honest, unless you're extremely rich ( have money to throw away), have collector's OCD, and want bragging rights... there really is no good reasons to deal with these guys.

You gotta ask yourself: "... am I a SERIOUS enuff collector to fuck wit deez NGF guyz?"

Only a few are...

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
This pic is the best thing NGF related. The Jose Canseco Milkshake regimen in full effect. It is so wonderfully homoerotic and should be a Choaniki boss. Photoshoppers, please make it so.

Figure if that was taken today he'd be rockin a stretched 'busa and the same squid gear.

wildo2ne

Tarma's Gun Polisher
This pic is the best thing NGF related. The Jose Canseco Milkshake regimen in full effect. It is so wonderfully homoerotic and should be a Choaniki boss. Photoshoppers, please make it so.

this is a legit photo? thought it was something off the web

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I read "come here and let me lube your piston" and started laughing while my wife is sitting behind me playing Puzzle Bobble (thanks, Shadow!). Now she thinks I was laughing at her shitty skills.