NG Dev Team Reprints!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'll consider preordering neo XYX once I've received the Fast Striker and Gunlord homecarts, but not before that.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
I'll consider preordering neo XYX once I've received the Fast Striker and Gunlord homecarts, but not before that.

Hmm forgot about that, but from my understanding it really isn't their fault… How long have you been waiting?

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
It's not like their prices are much different than what carts used to cost brand new. House mortgage? Child please... :kekeke:

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
After having written a good deal of a final paper while listening to the music from the Neo XYX trailer I just ordered the regular edition along with the reprint of Gunlord. :D

Buffi

Zero's Secretary
Just went ahead and ordered the Gunlord, Pink Bullets and XYX. I already have Fast Striker.

So fucking happy that they're finally doing reprints.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I picked up the Dreamcast editions to see if I would want the MVS versions of NG dev titles, and the games just aren't worth the money. They are good and I don't mind supporting the "cause" for a new developed game, but $400-500 can just be used in other places for me at least, especially as the re-playability just isn't there..

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I picked up the Dreamcast editions to see if I would want the MVS versions of NG dev titles, and the games just aren't worth the money. They are good and I don't mind supporting the "cause" for a new developed game, but $400-500 can just be used in other places for me at least, especially as the re-playability just isn't there..

Sounds like you're trying to talk yourself out of it... and looking at your sig, that's probably a good thing. Looks like you've got a lot going on with your life right now and don't have the money to drop on games. More power to you, man. Really, there's no shame in that. I've been there plenty of times in my life. Some years are good for me and I have tons of extra dough, other years are as lean as they come and I'm watching every penny... Don't worry about the big tymers here saying you don't belong in the hobby... It's just chest thumping, anyway.

As for the games being worth it... Hey, it's all subjective, but I've played plenty of Fast Striker on the DC and I think it would make an incredible edition to my arcade machine. I can't wait to have the MVS cart. The game has different scoring systems and play mechanics depending on the mode you choose and has endless replay-ability for somebody who actually likes shooters. If you're not into shooters, cool, but don't go spouting off like these are crap games. I'd put Fast Striker up against the best shooters on the system.

I get it too. These games are pricey. As Teddy said, they're not more expensive than new licensed titles back in the day, but they're not cheap either. I bought a Neo XYX last fall and a Fast Striker this week. I'm in the hole for several hundred now for games I am not even sure when will be delivered. I'm pretty content. I'm not getting a Last Hope or Gunlord. Neither game interest me in the least, and looking at the opinions of Gunlord here I'm in the minority... but I get it ;) I also wouldn't bash or try to dissuade anyone from buying either of those games.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Haha Rabbit, anyone who responded I wouldn't call them "big tymers" lol. That was a completely different breed of people and a different generation lol.

If you're not into shooters, cool, but don't go spouting off like these are crap games. I'd put Fast Striker up against the best shooters on the system.

Really? I love shooters actually. I've got plenty of arcade boards for my Supergun or Vogatek MK5. I've played their releases, except XYX.... but I wouldn't call them amazing, I appreciate their hardwork, etc. I'm honestly not drawn into the games. Have you ever tried Soldier Blade for the PC Engine? That is an amazing shooter in my eyes lol. Those graphics were kick ass for the mid-90s.

But these comments are for another thread entirely. To those who are able to pick up the releases, good luck. Hopefully your wives don't mind lol.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Really? I love shooters actually.

Yeah, that probably came out wrong. I didn't mean it like that. I just meant I see a lot of value in the game as a shooter nut. Lots of replay value for me shooting for high scores and exploring the different modes. Sure, there are tons of better shooters out there, and as others have said many times in the past... At this price, you could get yourself a nice Cave game. Hard to argue with that, but I like Fast Striker, and I'm happy to have a copy coming :D

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I agree with everything RabbitTroop has said above. NG DEV's games may not be the best games on the NEO but I would put them up there. I would say Gunlord is at least in the top 25, I have not played their other games so I can not comment but XYX is looking really good. Their games are getting better and better with each release. We should be thankful that there are still games of this level of quality being made for the Neo and support it, if it's too much for you then fine but your probably in the wrong hobby to begin with.

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
I agree with everything RabbitTroop has said above. NG DEV's games may not be the best games on the NEO but I would put them up there. I would say Gunlord is at least in the top 25, I have not played their other games so I can not comment but XYX is looking really good. Their games are getting better and better with each release. We should be thankful that there are still games of this level of quality being made for the Neo and support it, if it's too much for you then fine but your probably in the wrong hobby to begin with.

Yeah, because the thought of spending $400+ on a game gives someone pause then they are in the wrong hobby. Don't be a prick.

It's a hobby for people that enjoy playing video games, and it would serve you well to remember that. We all support it in any way that we can.

Last edited:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
It's not like their prices are much different than what carts used to cost brand new. House mortgage? Child please... :kekeke:

Right, I ordered Fast Striker and thats how I reasoned it. Plus after ebaying some stuff recently, I only had to add $150 on the card

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
It's a hobby for people that enjoy playing video games, and it would serve you well to remember that. .

If all you care about is playing the games then go and get the 161, and some flash carts for your SNES, Genesis etc.

The bleeding heart brigade crying about the price of NG DEV games and home carts prices is getting old. If all you care about is playing games you have some cheap and even free options available to you. NG DEV is a business and not a charity, they have overheads to pay, i doubt they are making a killing out of supplying retro style games to a niche market.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Yeah, because the thought of spending $400+ on a game gives someone pause then they are in the wrong hobby. Don't be a prick.

It's a hobby for people that enjoy playing video games, and it would serve you well to remember that. We all support it in any way that we can.

It has become common practise for people to jump into one of the NG DEV Team threads and bemoan the price, as if nobody here can count. It's rather annoying.

Those of us saving pennies to drop on the games are well aware of the price but the fact remains, gaming on the Neo Geo is and has always been a bit expensive.

It is a credit to the developer that they have decided to go the extra mile and release their games on the Dreamcast for the gamer on a tight budget.

You are right - there is plenty of opportunity for us all to support the developer. We are fortunate.

Edit: theMot beat me to it :)

Last edited:

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
If all you care about is playing the games then go and get the 161, and some flash carts for your SNES, Genesis etc.

The bleeding heart brigade crying about the price of NG DEV games and home carts prices is getting old. If all you care about is playing games you have some cheap and even free options available to you. NG DEV is a business and not a charity, they have overheads to pay, i doubt they are making a killing out of supplying retro style games to a niche market.

For the record, I don't think that NGDev charges too much for what they are selling. They charge what they feel is fair and that's that. I merely take issue with your statement of people not belonging in this hobby just because they feel that the price of a cart is too much. I care about playing games and I have zero interest in a 161-1 cart because I want to play them with the same 100% authenticity as the arcade (161-1 carts have some problems with certain games if I recall).

Sorry that others can spend what you spend on games, but someone who is happy with a Sam Sho 2 cart and a couple of Metal Slugs belongs in this hobby just as much as you or anyone else who can afford more.

Last edited:

Ssturtle

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Just pre-ordered all the re-prints, hopefully they'll ship in September. Looking forward to playing Gunlord & Fast Striker in my cab.

Last edited:

barto

Overtop Pathfinder
If i had the $$ I would order the reprints in a heartbeat! Yes it is a big investment but the thing about these games is at any point down the road you can always sell them and get what you put into them and probably more back. I have them all for the DC and am happy that i at least get to play the games at all :)