NG Dev Team Reprints!

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Just bought all releases in RE edition, my bank account is crying. I'm pumped they switched to normal mvs boxes and that these got re released at all. Here's hoping they OK to change me to the re of xyx. There will probably be an extra LE xyx posted up on their site soon.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Actually, Fast Striker is the only LE kit that came with a kit box. Pink Bullets LE had just the shockbox, same with GL.

Ah wasn't aware of that. Well, I just decided to go for the regular edition kits anyhow. Thanks for the info. I missed out on all the original releases.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
So... I've got a second hand Fast Striker "consumer" version. Does this mean I can update to coinop as well?

Yes. From their update:

*2)
Together with the reprint of Fast Striker 1.5 MVS we will provide a 1.6 software update to give all Fast Striker copies coin-op support.

Best regards,
NG: DEV. TEAM

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Small request but it would be nice if the 1.5 reprint kits would come stock with 1.6 so we don't have to tinker with opening the cart and what not when they arrive. I'd be kind of paranoid to open any of these... LMAO

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Small request but it would be nice if the 1.5 reprint kits would come stock with 1.6 so we don't have to tinker with opening the cart and what not when they arrive. I'd be kind of paranoid to open any of these... LMAO

As per the description, it looks like they will ship with revision 1.6, and then an update will be made available for the older carts as well.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
As per the description, it looks like they will ship with revision 1.6, and then an update will be made available for the older carts as well.

Nice, didn't notice that. One thing I did notice though is that Fast Striker and XYX kits show that you will receive a brown kit box with sticker. Last Hope and Gunlord on the other hand simply say brown box. I'm guessing they all come with box labels as that's what's shown in the picture, but the description is a little strange. Maybe they ran out of and don't want to print additional stickers? Hope not, as that would be a bit strange looking. =P

Oh yea, pumped up for Fast Striker.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The LHPB and Fast Striker RE reprints are 100 euros cheaper than the corresponding LE preorder prices. This is a good chance to pick those up at a bargain.

Ssturtle

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Looks like I'm going to be a little poorer, I just don't like paying upfront in full and waiting months to get the games.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
The LHPB and Fast Striker RE reprints are 100 euros cheaper than the corresponding LE preorder prices. This is a good chance to pick those up at a bargain.

Yup, and XYX LE and RE is a 72 EUR difference. It's worth it if you like the wood shells but I rather have the standard plastic versions. That and I'm getting everything else RE so I like to stay consistent. I can print shock boxes for all these RE's in the future if I decided too. I'm going to use the 72 EUR saved and grab Soldier Blade LE for the Dreamcast. Which also looks SWEET by the way. Can't wait for that one...

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Just ordered fast strike ,

Good job brother. Now, go click on a random game play video on YouTube. With your eyes closed and the deep electronic soundtrack thumping, imagine yourself dancing in an underground S&M club.

Fast Striker is here.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
What I still don't know is if I can wait for their 2nd MVS game to be unveiled and then order it together with these reprints… or will they have sold out by then? I just don't want to hassle them with merging orders and reimburse the difference in shipping costs.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Shipping is the same, each additional item adds like 12 euro to shipping. I was thinking the same thing. Lastly, while its hard to pocket all at once, you take the risk of these selling out again and I highly doubt there will be a 3rd reprint of anything.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
You are definitely right about a 3rd run. I also can't imagine it. Well then, credit card has just resetted only to max it out again ;)

Thank you for letting me know about their shipping calculation!

Last edited:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Don't feel bad. I have literally $100 in my bank account now after buying all releases. I just bought a ton of other stuff earlier this month because I was in no way expecting these reprints to drop today. Looks like I will be on the bachelor ramen diet this week. Kind of a bitter sweet surprise.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Man, you guys are hard core, perhaps in two weeks or so I'll be able to nab ONE of these releases.

It really excited me to see this much action from NGDEV though! Neo Xyx, all these re-prints, AND theres another game this year before the Ikari Warriors game next year? I really respect what these guys do and I hope they keep doing it for a long long time.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
...Ikari Warriors game next year?

WHAT?

More info please.

Cause this is a genre that the Neo is severly lacking in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

jquick

n00b
At long last, Fast Striker is finally being re-released. Huzzah!!!
I'm glad NGDevTeam decided to do another re-print, because last year they stated they weren't sure if there was enough demand. I agree that this is most likely the last opportunity to order it.

I've just pre-ordered XYX, Fast Striker, and Last Hope now.
I ordered XYX separately so that I wouldn't have to wait for the other carts to get released, that is if they ship in that manner.

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
Having a huge problem deciding which game to get. Is Gunlord considered to be their best game?

jquick

n00b
If you can only buy one, then I would suggest Gunlord. It's very good and plays a lot like Super Turrican. In fact, damn near identical in play style. There's no other game quite like it on the Neo, so it's worth it partly for its uniqueness.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Having a huge problem deciding which game to get. Is Gunlord considered to be their best game?

Depends on who you ask. Fast Strikers was a big improvement over Last Hope (even over Pink Bullets Edition). Then all hell broke loose over Gunlord, earning a GotY-Award and what not but in the end it isn't a shmup. As I haven't played Gunlord I can't say more than that. Well and I'm very tempted by it.

I played both Fast Strikers and Last Hope Pink Bullets on DC and for me they just didn't click. You could see progress game over game and here Neo XYX (which no one has played yet) seems to improve again and at least for me, has a lot more appeal than both Last Hope and Fast Strikers.

In the end I might be going for Gunlord and Neo XYX. But neither Fast Strikers and Last Hope are bad games and it might be a unique chance to get these games as MVS carts.

Last edited:

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
Thanks for the opinions. Now to decide whether I really want to spend 450 dollars on a cart...

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Yeah, whether or not to spend the money is the biggest decision for sure. I have both Fast Striker and Gunlord and if I had to choose between the two, Gunlord would have to get the nod. Replay value is much better with Gunlord I think. Both are great but I find myself going back to GL a lot more than I do FS.