New Weekly Retro Challange!! ShatterHand!!

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
GzXJWkH.png
YY4VEhd.png

Far easier than I expected, considering I haven't played this much since I was a kid. Maybe I'll try to improve it. I played Super Punchout a lot more when I was young.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I have a good one for next week. If you're into Tecmo Super Bowl (NES)....Try rushing for 1000 yards in a game with one player...It is tough..Closest I've gotten is 900 + yds using Detriot vs Indy...

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Awesome job Ebin! Congrats!!!!! That's an awesome Tecmo Bowl Challenge Mega.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Awesome job Ebin! Congrats!!!!! That's an awesome Tecmo Bowl Challenge Mega.

Thanks! It reminded me how much I enjoy this game, so that was nice. I also think that Tecmo Bowl challenge would be pretty fun.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Congrats again ebinsugewa! For being the first person to complete the weekly retro challenge you won a copy of Top Gun Second Mission for NES. PM me your mailing address and I'll send it out to you!

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Keep trying guys you can do it! Hint- Don Flamanco will have permanent stun if you keep alternating left and right punches to the face.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Can you actually get a star after he gets up the first time? Read something about giving him a body blow right after he gets up and charges his punch but I can't seem to do it.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Congrats again ebinsugewa! For being the first person to complete the weekly retro challenge you won a copy of Top Gun Second Mission for NES

Yay, thanks again. It honestly took me about 15 minutes, it's not as hard as it seems, keep practicing. I'll give you a hint, I didn't even need to alternate my punches.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
HI everyone This week's Retro Game Challenge features ShatterHand for the NES. A game near and dear to my heart released by Jaleco, it has a rep for being notoriously difficult. Having that said I tried to come up with the easiest challenge I could (still not easy). It's called "The ShatterHand Full Robo challenge"! The object of the challenge is to complete the 1st stage of the game including the boss while maintaining the full robotic armor upgrade. In order to gain the power up punch the item boxes to reveal either a "B" or "D". when you collect 3 of the same letter you get a robo buddy ex "DDD" or "BBB". collect three more of the same letter and you will be upgraded to a full robotic power suit that kicks ass. Be careful as you only have the upgrade for a limited time and taking damage will reduce your time. Pummel the boss in the time allotted with your full robo suit and you've completed the challenge!! Sorry for the quality of the screenshot the stage was kinda exploding when I took it lol. Good Luck!!!

shatter.jpg

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Anyone try the challenge yet?

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I just saw it, I'll give it a crack tonight.

If anyone is interested I can post the video of me doing the Punchout challenge. It's really not hard at all. From starting the game to finishing it was 20 minutes tops.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This is less of a challenge and more of an exercise in entry level fundamentals for this game.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I just saw it, I'll give it a crack tonight.

If anyone is interested I can post the video of me doing the Punchout challenge. It's really not hard at all. From starting the game to finishing it was 20 minutes tops.

That would be awesome man.

This is less of a challenge and more of an exercise in entry level fundamentals for this game.

Kinda it's not common for a lot of people to play this game I was trying to go easy.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Twitch ate my Tyson vid or I forgot to save it. I'm planning on going back and trying to play that game again soon, so when I do I'll upload a better time. Trying Shatterhand now.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Awesome. I love it when that happens. How are you enjoying Shatter Hand? Did your Top Gun arrive?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
What's next, beating stage 1 of SMB powered up with a fire flower? I bet ebinsegwusa is going to make a sick video for that one.

I don't know why I post on the forums.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
What's next, beating stage 1 of SMB powered up with a fire flower? I bet ebinsegwusa is going to make a sick video for that one.

I don't know why I post on the forums.

It's not as simple as all that. Try it out see if you can do it.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
It's not as simple as all that. Try it out see if you can do it.

Try what out? I've illustrated in a previous post, item management for getting the suit is a fundemental. I have 1cc'd the game and I can assure you, without proper item management for obtaining the suit for boss fights would make the game ten times harder than it is. Nevermind that they basically hand you the suit in stage 1 anyways!

PS I have no issue with ebisegewa.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
If you can one 1CC the game that is awesome and you got my respect. It's an awesome game. You don't have to post in this thread if you don't want to (your welcome to) but please don't trash it up. It is what it is. also feel free to submit any challenges you come up with. Thanks

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
If you can one 1CC the game that is awesome and you got my respect. It's an awesome game. You don't have to post in this thread if you don't want to (your welcome to) but please don't trash it up. It is what it is. also feel free to submit any challenges you come up with. Thanks

You trashed it up yourself. l'm cleaning it up by exposing your challlenges for what they really are. Fundemental tasks.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Look man I've said all I'm gonna say on this matter to you I'm not gonna start a flame war on this thread if you wanna be unfriendly and say crappy things start a war room thread. This thread is not the place. I've done nothing but be friendly and given out prizes at my own expense trying to give back to the community as it's done a lot for me. so if yout wanna participate and submit something constructive good if not stop your whining and go somewhere else and let us get on with our challenges. If they're to easy for you sorry either participate or stop being a girl about it. I'm done with this matter if you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to post them If not stop being a dick and trying to ruin peoples threads with your bullshit. Thanks. Any other bull crap will be ignored.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Look man I've said all I'm gonna say on this matter to you I'm not gonna start a flame war on this thread if you wanna be unfriendly and say crappy things start a war room thread. This thread is not the place. I've done nothing but be friendly and given out prizes at my own expense trying to give back to the community as it's done a lot for me. so if yout wanna participate and submit something constructive good if not stop your whining and go somewhere else and let us get on with our challenges. If they're to easy for you sorry either participate or stop being a girl about it. I'm done with this matter if you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to post them If not stop being a dick and trying to ruin peoples threads with your bullshit. Thanks. Any other bull crap will be ignored.

My criticism is the embodyment of constructive. Step up your game. You're insulting peoples intelligence. Not maning up to this is notion is what i'd call "being a girl about it".