New Weekly Retro Challange!! ShatterHand!!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Thought it would be fun to do a series of classic game challenges like Nintendo power back in the day. I Figure we could do a new challenge every week so if any one has a suggestion please let me know.

This week it's the Mega Man One Million point challenge. the object is to complete the game with one million points or more. Hint- You can't achieve this if you get a game over so try to 1CC and grab lots of point pellets enemies drop. I think this one is fun since it is the only Mega Man with a score. have fun!

mm 1000000 run.jpg

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Holy crap man! I might actually give this a try :)

*digs out his megaman unlimited disk for dreamcast*

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Holy crap man! I might actually give this a try :)

*digs out his megaman unlimited disk for dreamcast*

Hell ya bro after playing Unlimited you may find this challenge easy lol.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I have. never. beat. this. game. on. one. credit.

I can do it with 1 credit in about 18 min or so. I've played this game so long (25 years +)I pretty much breeze through it these days. If I can do it you can too Panda.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
lol. Andy (gutsdozer) is a megaman monster... I've witnessed his badassery when it comes to the blue bomber. Ive seen this dude speedrun megaman 2 in a matter of minutes!!!

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
lol. Andy (gutsdozer) is a megaman monster... I've witnessed his badassery when it comes to the blue bomber. Ive seen this dude speedrun megaman 2 in a matter of minutes!!!

Thank you sir MM2 is my favorite as you well know.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Now mega man 2 I can do. But the first one? It took me 3 years to no hit elecman, and after I beat it that night I never touched it again.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Isn't this really easy to abuse this since the enemies "respawn" when you move a bit back?

PS: Mega Man 2 is the best.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
as good as he is at megaman, he sucks at neo turf masters...
Got dat ass whooped just now!!

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
as good as he is at megaman, he sucks at neo turf masters...
Got dat ass whooped just now!!

Yeah this mofo just beat my ass on Japan course I'm ashamed.

Isn't this really easy to abuse this since the enemies "respawn" when you move a bit back?

PS: Mega Man 2 is the best.

Eh not really, the time it would take to farm all those point multipliers would make it harder and annoying. Plus if you get a Game Over your score is reset. pretty much if you play all the way through with out a game over you will end up with over one million points so not super hard. Do you have any ideas for a challenge next week? I'm glad you love MM2 as much as I do it's a masterpiece and my favorite game hands down.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Cool idea. Although from what I remember of Mega Man 1, one week may not be enough time to 1cc it, unless you're already really familiar with the game.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
This is a great idea; some Megaman, Contra, Castlevania and such would be fun.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Holy shit, that's impressive score man! I have never beaten this game I do have it but, I need to start putting way more time into it. That stupid monster near the end that when you shoot it and it goes to the other side of the screen and half to avoid its pieces always intimidated me watching videos of it on youtube.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
This is a great idea; some Megaman, Contra, Castlevania and such would be fun.

Those are all good ideas thanks man.

Holy shit, that's impressive score man! I have never beaten this game I do have it but, I need to start putting way more time into it. That stupid monster near the end that when you shoot it and it goes to the other side of the screen and half to avoid its pieces always intimidated me watching videos of it on youtube.

Thank you sir and Yellow Devil can be a pain just try to keep your cool and use your Elec Beam. after him the other bosses are easy.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Now that I am back in my own place, I was able to dig this out:

2v47.jpg

I am nowhere near being able to 1cc this beast, but it has been damn fun trying, and at least I get to fail miserably in style :D

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Fake. The artwork is great though. That's why I still have my jpn psx port.

Funny, it plays just fine in my duo... *scratches head*

Oh. You must mean it's a bootleg. Which is an entirely different thing from being fake. And yes, it is. Still. works. just. fine. though.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Funny, it plays just fine in my duo... *scratches head*

Oh. You must mean it's a bootleg. Which is an entirely different thing from being fake. And yes, it is. Still. works. just. fine. though.

An unauthorized duplication of something which actually exists is a bootleg. The first Rockman (or any Rockman title) was never on the PC Engine, therefore it's fake.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Now that I am back in my own place, I was able to dig this out:

2v47.jpg

I am nowhere near being able to 1cc this beast, but it has been damn fun trying, and at least I get to fail miserably in style :D

That's a super rad repro. Did not even know some one made a duo version.

EDIT: We are gonna go to about Tuesday to give people a chance at completing the challenge before we move on to the next game.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Ok this weeks retro challenge is a little easier than last weeks lol. it features Mike Tyson's Punch Out for NES. It's called the Flawless Flamanco Challenge. The object is to defeat Don Flamanco In the first round by either KO or TKO, in under 60 seconds with a perfect victory. Not to bad I even included a screen shot of the password directly to the fight with Don Flamanco. Hope you have fun and if anyone has ideas for next weeks challenge please post them here.

mtpo3.jpg
mtpo2.jpg
mtpo.jpg

Last edited:

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Freakin epic Chris!

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I'm pretty sure I remember the Don Flamanco fight. I'll give it a try tonight.