new to the boards

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Here's some pictures btw, lovely little machine. MUCH heavier than it looks though :)

302109_265191933514787_100000719477486_866876_1171396286_n.jpg

294569_265191960181451_100000719477486_866878_1869444040_n.jpg

298298_265191976848116_100000719477486_866879_1968125512_n.jpg

320683_265191920181455_100000719477486_866875_643295383_n.jpg

Yea, I had a machine similar to that.
Pretty heavy.
Not sure I'm in love with that button configuration.

baddie

n00b
I am but a lowly noob, humbled by the company of such esteemed Neo Geo fans.

Being Northern Irish, I don't come into contact with much Neo Geo stuff these days. I remember the times when you couldn't walk for tripping over MVS cabs with World Heroes and Samurai Shodown but alas those days are no more. I near bought a CDZ a fortnight ago when I saw one on display in the window of Cash Convertors but I thought £150 was a bit much and I'd rather put the cash towards an AES or CMVS.

Anyway, enough of me rambling and back to drooling over collection pics :-D

joshie

n00b
Another attempt to get accessing to pm'ing and other such things. How long do you have to be registered to start threads and pm people? :)

The King Prawn

Marked Wolf
Greetings & Salutations! I'm also new but couldn't start my own introductory thread. I've always loved SNK & Neo Geo and had an AES in HS, however foolishly sold it. However now I have a much nicer MVS collection! So I'm not kicking myself too hard any longer. In fact just picked up a "Big Red" 4-slot this week, super excited to get that looking good as new!

Anyway, rambled on much too long- sorry about that! Thanks for having me!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
welcome to the fold, prawny. post around a bit. you will get your full posting and pming ability. be productive, contribute and you will have a great time here!

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
heya prawn :D, do you have a pulstar cart you want to sell to me? oh and welcome to the boards :lolz:

The King Prawn

Marked Wolf
Thanks for the welcome! Unfortunately Kidpanda I do not. The only doubles I have are of World Hero's 2 & Samurai Spirits IV. Anyone have a spare Super Baseball 2020? Ordered one from Quarterarcade but got an email stating they must have made a mistake.

Oberwald

n00b
Hi all!

A few months ago i bought my consolized Neo Geo and started my "Retro-Campaign". Finding this site was a great pleasure and helped me alot, making my first steps in the Neo Geo World. Now I'm trying to expand my small collection and hope to find even more interesting threads around the true king of all arcade machines.

chrisg

n00b
Hi Everyone,
A lowly (but enthusiastic) noob here. I assume I need to get my post count up before I can start threads or message people.
I'm literally just getting started in NG land. Picked up my first couple of games; and put an order in for a CMVS. What I'm really after is a big red cabinet. Hoping to start posting soon and meet some people who can point me in the right direction to get one..!
Cheers!

chrisg

n00b
Hey Kidpanda, thanks for the welcome; I have a feeling my new-found NG obsession is going to last. I see a 'big red club' banner there.. I wonder if I might be talking to you more in the future. I'll try not to ask too many stupid questions... ;) I just need to figure out how to get one of them to the UK so I can get started (they are rarer than rocking horse sh*t here...)

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Yet another newbie here. I actually just got a CMVS, and I came here for some tech support. The unibios 3.0 is giving me an exception error when I beat Fatal Fury 3. I was hoping to get it sorted out.

Other than that, I've been a Neo Geo fan for about 10 years. I have had the NGPC for a number of years and lots of Dreamcast and PS2 ports. I finally decided to go the CMVS route.

dougie

n00b
insert coin?

New to this forum and new to forums, I am 32 and have been playing arcade games from the first day i got a big 10 pence piece many moons ago, i am here to share my love of arcade games really, so many games played over the years especially on trips around europe where a cafe didnt have just cofee but a whole wall of cabinets with grown men smoking, chatting and gettting excited about games like cabal, pac man, sno bros, loki, metal slug, double dragon, golden axe, wonder boy etc,
would love to find out that these games are being talked about, still loved and that maybe you can still play them?

any way hope im in the right place for some retro games info:glee:)

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Wecome to the boards Dougie, Alpha and Chris and slightly belated, trenog, joshie, baddie and neferio, ober and king prawn.

Last edited:

dougie

n00b
Thanks Lee

I cant post a new thread or PM, really just looking for some info on buying a cabinet, will it only play say one developers games, all from one developer, any old school game, multiple games on a cab or is it about sticking a PC in it and running emulators? any info would be aprecciated as im getting lost in all the tech chat on this forum!

many thanks

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
hiya alpha and dougie, hope you enjoy your stay and get your fill of games and drama!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Hello all,

Im kind of new here. I have been visiting this place off and on for probably the past 5 or 6 years but only recently registered. Been an avid spectator of the Neo scene since I was but a delicate 12 year old, im now 30 and finally decided to splash some cash on a consolized MVS and some games. Life is good. Something that also helped my decision to get into the scene is the strength of the aussie dollar. Our money is now worth more than yours!!!

I would like to thank bankers from all around the world for flushing their currencies down the toilet so that I could finally get into the scene at a reasnoble price down under!

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Hello all,

Im kind of new here. I have been visiting this place off and on for probably the past 5 or 6 years but only recently registered. Been an avid spectator of the Neo scene since I was but a delicate 12 year old, im now 30 and finally decided to splash some cash on a consolized MVS and some games. Life is good. Something that also helped my decision to get into the scene is the strength of the aussie dollar. Our money is now worth more than yours!!!

I would like to thank bankers from all around the world for flushing their currencies down the toilet so that I could finally get into the scene at a reasnoble price down under!

glad youre on board mot, hope you enjoy yourself....and as soon as you get a pulstar, sell it to me :D