New South Park

aria

Former Moderator
Great episode.

The Scause factory, STANd YOUR GROUND commercial, HGH Jesus and Free Pussy Riot were my favorites.

aria

Former Moderator
Did anyone see the season finale? I liked it. Like the 2008 post-election episode they clearly made it so it didn't matter who won the presidency, but the return of Mickey and a few other scenes (especially the sudden prize award) made this episode goofy fun. This half-season was overall very good. No one episode was a classic, but episode-to-episode it maintained quality.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
It was good, I liked that they even took time to point out people making General Chow's Chicken jokes

Not sure about half seasons though, felt like the damn season just started

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
The NSA ep was good, really I'm guessing the South Park audience is the perfect group of younger cynics to get what it's all about.

Kind of disappointed it took so long to come and the run will be short but guess the longing will make it better.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Thought tonight's episode was funnier than last weeks.
Loved the jabs at Time Warner.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
T'was another good one and I agree, better than even last week's episode.

Now it's just a matter of time before we get some great nipple rubbin' gifs.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
it was supposed to a goth kids episode and the description even said it was when it was on but it was a repeat -the episode where Cartman bought pubes and got revenge by feeding the kid his parents in chili.

anybody else?! did it get banned or something?

edit... I googled it tooo. but still thanks to Skate for answering!
noPower_MattOnPhone-630x354.jpg

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Power outage at the studio.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/news/j2j34b/episode-1704-will-not-air-tonight

On Tuesday night, South Park Studios lost power. From animation to rendering to editing and sound, all of our computers were down for hours and we were unable to finish episode 1704 "Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers" in time for air tonight. Trey Parker said, "It sucks to miss an air date but after all these years of tempting fate by delivering the show last minute, I guess it was bound to happen."

GOTH KIDS 3: DAWN OF THE POSERS will air next Wednesday, October 23rd. Tonight there will be encore, Live-Tweeted presentation of Scott Tenorman Must Die at 10p EST.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Tonight's episode was a million times better than anything else they've done this season.

I guess we found where they were putting all their effort.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Thought I'd resurrect the thread due to the fact that The Stick of Truth is FINALLY coming out on Tuesday. (Doubt I'll get it till Wednesday or Thursday when the snowstorm passes) The embargo on reviews doesn't lift until Tuesday which has me leery. It brings back memories of Colonial Marines where they can't say anything until the day the game comes out. The only insight I have is one of my friend's who reviews games up in Canada got it and he's already into his second run and without saying much he seems to like it. I've seen a couple of videos and articles online of people talking about their first hours in the game and I think I'm going to leave it there so I don't spoil too much of it. I hope it ends up being a good game.

Considering that Tray was saying he wanted the game to be like Earthbound where your going around in a town playing a huge game has me excited. Since they've been working so closely with it I think it'll end up better then the shit that Acclaim released when the show first became popular.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
He said he wanted the game to be like Earthbound? That is really cool.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
IGN said it takes 14 hours to complete. Douchetaku said they finished it in about 10 hours. Either way I think that's long enough to keep me entertained for a week or so. I'm guessing there will be some DLC here or there, maybe not. Who's playing this? I'll probably get it for PS3 on Saturday.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Getting it from Amazon on the Triple today. The worst I heard was that the game was glitchy. Considering its from Obsidion I don't doubt that. My friend Mike Dodd really liked it and played through it twice for his review. The worst one I heard was from Gamespot, but I haven't trusted their reviews in years. The guy doing the video review sounds like. JRPG snob and kept bitching about how easy the game was.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
The combat is nothing revolutionary but it's fun. I enjoy timing based attacks in RPGs like the Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi games and South Park will definitely remind you of those games. There is an insane amount of fan service in this game, if you love the show you'll enjoy this a lot. I've been playing for about two or three hours, just walking around checking out the town.

Pretty sure I just heard a reference to the merchant from RE4.

Last edited:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
How long would you expect it to be? Seems like a pretty standard length for a game to me.

I think this may seem like a rip to some people because RPGs are supposed to be 40+ hours. But Honestly, im kind of sick of RPGs being long just for the sake of being long. With the amount of games that come out now a days, i don't want to spend 40 hours to beat an RPG. I think its a good change, and as long as there is some replay value, and side quest, i don't see an issue with it

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
its an rpg. so the expectation is that it goes longer.

I guess. I can't imagine this being a fun game to spend 200 hours on. For me, "RPG" doesn't always have to mean ridiculously long game. I finished A Link Between Worlds in about eight to ten hours and that was with a pretty good amount of the side quests done. Still thought it was worth the 40 I payed for it, which is the full price for a 3DS game.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I guess. I can't imagine this being a fun game to spend 200 hours on. For me, "RPG" doesn't always have to mean ridiculously long game. I finished A Link Between Worlds in about eight to ten hours and that was with a pretty good amount of the side quests done. Still thought it was worth the 40 I payed for it, which is the full price for a 3DS game.

true. but for an rpg i think people really want to see a minimum of 25-30 hours.

that being said, im a huge southpark fan and the length is just fine for my tastes. its just people complaining which is to be expected.