New Site Feature - The Neo Geo Wiki

Takahashi

n00b
Very interesting.
I hope it will get more thorough in time.

Currently having fun using the Random Page feature.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I can't figure out how to do shit on the damn wiki.

I want to add the current avatar I'm using, but can't figure out how the fuck to do it.

This is the av I'm most well known for using I think, so I'm going to use it on the wiki page...if I can figure it the fuck out :envy:

aria

Former Moderator
Wiki systems automatically capitalize the name of a page; its been something they had to patch (after many years) on Wikipedia.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
looks like a big mess to me

so you going to include a collecable section as well and where is the line drawn. I assuming there has to be some tie in to the Neo.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

so you going to include a collecable section as well and where is the line drawn. I assuming there has to be some tie in to the Neo.

what do you mean? There's a lot of stuff but mostly somehow related to the neo geo. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member

well, that would be acceptable i'd think.
but also there's a way to create your own picture albums for personal collections
a database of all collectible stuff on the wiki is a neat idea though.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
what do you mean? There's a lot of stuff but mostly somehow related to the neo geo. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

What I am getting at is how far is it to be streached out. What are the boundries.

well you list bootlegs

ala: Crouching tiger hidden dragon or the 18 in 1 carts

will there be streches into the comics, Dojinsu's etc...

the spin off like King of fighters EX and EX2

and how do you orginize the collectables. I guess for some you can do it by character name but then some could be a free for all, like SNK Gal stuff.

I understand the concept of Wiki but it just seems like a big mess

I am not saying having a place for the info is not great. just how to find some of the information may be off. I also would hate to see if go into info outside of the Neo much by tieing in things like RYU who appears in SVC chaos, who started in street fighter, which is a game by Capcom, who makes these games, etc. etc.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
What I am getting at is how far is it to be streached out. What are the boundries.

well you list bootlegs

and how do you orginize the collectables. I guess for some you can do it by character name but then some could be a free for all, like SNK Gal stuff.

I am not saying having a place for the info is not great. just how to find some of the information may be off. I also would hate to see if go into info outside of the Neo much by tieing in things like RYU who appears in SVC chaos, who started in street fighter, which is a game by Capcom, who makes these games, etc. etc.

way to overthink this.
If its SNK related its worth making a page for simple as that.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

well you list bootlegs

If you have information that may be helpful, then feel free to add it. As long as it is somehow relevant I won't delete it.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
If you have information that may be helpful, then feel free to add it. As long as it is somehow relevant I won't delete it.

OK,

Really I just wanted to know what the boundries where. Since It would be a waste of my Time to write something up and a waste of your time to have to go through and delete it if it was outside the scope of what was to be captured.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
OK,

Really I just wanted to know what the boundries where. Since It would be a waste of my Time to write something up and a waste of your time to have to go through and delete it if it was outside the scope of what was to be captured.

don't worry. we actually invite anyone who wants to help. It's great if you have something to offer, something to bring to the plate. I would imagine there's only a handful of people with information on the neo geo periphenelia. Anything would help. Currently, most people don't have time to offer much, so anything would be appreciated.

aria

Former Moderator
don't worry. we actually invite anyone who wants to help. It's great if you have something to offer, something to bring to the plate. I would imagine there's only a handful of people with information on the neo geo periphenelia. Anything would help. Currently, most people don't have time to offer much, so anything would be appreciated.

I totally agree. We're encouraging people to share their knowledge in all areas related to the Neo, and SNK (and even NG.com). This isn't about keeping things strictly "official SNK" or anything like this. Ideally, anytime a person has a question about something on eBay, something here, something that might have any explanation (or they just want to know more), the could reference the Wiki.

If any lines get drawn, they'll likely be uncontroversial (i.e. vandalism, creating an article about how stupid a person is, etc)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think this is great, for the most part people here are in for the drama, but you know there's alot of us that like to do things for the Neo community. I dunno if I can contribute with anything, but I will browse through it just for the hell of it and see.

You get the ruffles from me!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think the various systems should be in the navigation pane instead of under hardware.

It should be Hyper 64>Games, Hardware, Reviews.... or the like

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
nice job with all the screenshots and all.

Thanks, it was simple since I did a bunch of the Hyper 64 stuff on wikipedia, most of it is just an edited cut and paste but since it's specifically for our site I wanted to raise the bar on it.

I'm still not done with it yet.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Awesome. This will soon house a wealth of knowledge :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
there's been a lot of good work put in so far from some of you guys. I like the attitude so far.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you guys make movesets you can use the arrows I uploaded. Everything is "Direction".png, Up.png, Down Right.png.......

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Great Job! It's motivating to want to chip in. Soon as i find some free time i'll do just that.