New "Retro VGS" 2D Cartridge-based console

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
It really was a genuinely stupid idea to begin with. Its basically like being so retro that you insist on driving a brand new covered wagon on the freeway, and paying a premium price to do so.

We live in a world with thousands upon thousands of retro games on a multitude of consoles. If you want that old school experience, just buy those. Any game that you've never played on them will be new to you.

Pat and Ian had their final entry on this fiasco on their podcast, in addition to Pat's thoughts on Gamester81's involvement and reaction video. Supposedly things between Pat and him are smoothed out.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Hahaha, I'd back this just as a "fuck you" to Mike Kennedy.

I think Kevtris worked on the RGVS way back when, then Emperor Kennedy booted him. So backing this would be the equivalent of shoving a Jag mold up Mike Kennedy's ass.

Stacey Adam

New Challenger

He went to a lot of trouble...but spot on....He's even selling Coleco Chameleon t shirts for your next convention outing....

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I think Kevtris worked on the RGVS way back when, then Emperor Kennedy booted him. So backing this would be the equivalent of shoving a Jag mold up Mike Kennedy's ass.

He didn't "work" on it, he was offering up some of his cores for a price and offered advice. But he did no actual work.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I encourage everyone to read the whole post. It's amazing.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
What a tool.

But hey, if it's true that Atariage's Albert has the Jag cartridge and console shell molds, that's at least something. Al's a stand up guy and a great asset to the hobby. I hope I'll be able to buy a cool color replacement shell for my Jag. And maybe a red cartridge shell for my copy of Doom.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
TL;DR

dude's a scamming faggot and will hopefully never be trusted again.

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
I had logged out of AA at page 313 but it looks like I have some reading to catch up on.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
So you mean to tell me this guy was writing checks out to people and never actually having anyone prove things are working? Boy...in that case I'm sure I can write a few cores if he needs them. Ignore the raspberry pi/micro pc and retrode in the case. Also don't take pictures of it and just trust me, I totally added hardware and code to it that people wouldn't understand.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Total noob on the subject, never cared for the system, but after watching the "unboxing" video I had a good laugh, then after seeing this thread something clicked, I remember some "youtube retro guy" being involved with this, I never liked the dude, his videos are awful, he's awful, I dunno, I feel like he's a douche but it could just be me...

...but I digress, I have an extra sensorial douche radar, it's uncanny, I never liked this dude and there he is!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
this time you're right... total douche.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Total noob on the subject, never cared for the system, but after watching the "unboxing" video I had a good laugh, then after seeing this thread something clicked, I remember some "youtube retro guy" being involved with this, I never liked the dude, his videos are awful, he's awful, I dunno, I feel like he's a douche but it could just be me...

...but I digress, I have an extra sensorial douche radar, it's uncanny, I never liked this dude and there he is!

Gayster81. He's as bad as Pat the NES Dick.