New neogeo game aes ?

Heath

, cheyne stoking
£250 seems like a good price, pitty its coming up to xmas:crying:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
LOL @ "warranty void" sticker. Don't look inside my boot yo.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
It's really hilarious to see semi-homebrew projects to get stricter on anti-piracy than the official businness was, huh?

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
LOL @ "warranty void" sticker. Don't look inside my boot yo.

I might be wrong, but i expect that to be licensed by Visco indeed.

The design of the insert is mediocre, no doubt. I care most about the game of course and i will buy the US version if they can prove that it´s legit.

There should be an update on their site shortly.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Thats some ugly ass artwork

at 66 megs though, a NGCD conversion should be pretty easy to pull off

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That looks like an auction style listing instead of a BIN, so I wonder if they plan to sell all 100 copies that way and how much the winning bid is going to be.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
As of now, my guess is they're just claiming it's licensed by Visco to help justify the price. Still waiting to see proof otherwise.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Let's be nice and give them some credit

Well, now we know the meg count. And 66 sounds about right.
Yet another example of just how cooperative they have been.

Speaking of which, here are some positive comments that I would like to add, as it seems to be a little bit negative in this thread.

I truly think they have handled this quite well. Let's review what we know so far.

The initial announcement is made. Right from the get go, they provide a group of crystal clear screenshots, some information, and even a full video of the game. Rather then the usual shady 1 or 2 cloudy or blurred screenshots, or the usual lame "oh dude, i don't have a digital camera" excuses, etc. Always the typical BULLSHIT that you have to deal with from the lying dumb ass clowns around here.

In addition, and again unlike the usual crap routine, they actually read and reply to emails and questions about their product. Hell they even set up a dedicated website, a facebook page, etc. They don't ignore emails and hide and pretend to be busy, etc. They actually RESPOND to questions and comments.

Then, they make a second video, and even provide pics of the preliminary cart, manual, and box. You can clearly tell when comparing the first set of pics to the ones now provided in the yahoo auction, that the initial ones were home printed and/or simply samples. Notice the rough white edges around the cart sticker in the first set of pics, as well as the fact that the sample cart has no glossy warning sticker on it. Clearly, they had mocked up their own plain sample cartridge (which can be seen with the original plain white label in one of the videos) in the first set of pics, but now they have gone more professional for the second set of pics.

Then, they set the parameters of their intentions early on, and so far, have 100% stuck to them. As examples: Making a limited number of carts, allowing the Japan market first dibs, and offering it up for sale, AND at a fair opening price as well. When has ANYONE ever been so up front and honest AND actually delivered the alleged product like this in the history of this community? Try NEVER. This IS the FIRST TIME.

So hey, these guys have followed through on EVERYTHING so far that they have said. Every step of the way they have provided more and more details about the game and its availability. They make constant updates on their website and facebook pages, they reply and answer all emails, they post pics & videos left & right, they are now selling the first cartridge in December as promised, the preorder for additional carts will be in January, and the games will be sold in April. Etc. Dude, these guys are good...the BEST.

All I'm saying is, let's be nice. We have NEVER had it so good.
And just think, if this works out (which no reason it should not), it will only lead to more and more similar developments. Look at it this way, If on November 1st 2009, someone stated on these boards that a year later in December of 2010 Ironclad & Bang Busters cartridges would be sitting on my shelf, AND they would have come easy, fast, and cheap. I would have called them INSANE. So just IMAGINE what the future holds. Again, call it insane, but in a couple years time, more titles will trickle out through one source or another.

I said it with Ironclad, and I will say it again with Bang Busters. These neogeo protos are HOT POTATOES right now. Anyone hanging onto one (hording) is simply going to get MASSIVELY BURNED. Slowly but surely, they will all find their way out and into gamers/collectors hands. It's better to work out community controlled releases, like Atari and Nintendo communities do, and get your investment back. Otherwise your illusive cart worth thousands will be worthless.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I'm also interested as to is this actually licenced by Visco and not another sac operation à la Ironclad?

aria

Former Moderator
I'm also interested as to is this actually licenced by Visco and not another sac operation à la Ironclad?

We don't have any clear indication. If someone wanted to, they could contact Visco at the website below and see if they've approved this release.

http://www.visco.co.jp/

That would be the only way to know for sure.

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf

Whether it is Visco licensed or not doesn't change the fact that it uses sac shells+boxes and that it's an unofficial release. According to some of the usual haters it's probably home-brew too :p

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Whether it is Visco licensed or not doesn't change the fact that it uses sac shells+boxes and that it's an unofficial release. According to some of the usual haters it's probably home-brew too :p

What did you use instead of sac shells and boxes for your AES release?

I guess that there is no real doubt that this game is not a "fan made" development, but originally made by Visco.
If it´s really also licensed by them can only be verified if they put a link or some more details about the release on Visco´s hp.

I agree with SuperGun here: until now all that the guys have told us proved to be true. So i´ll just wait patiently and see with what they come up with next.
If it´s licensed i´ll buy it, if it´s not licensed i won´t. Simple as that for me.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Don't get me wrong, Billy, I agree it's great that they actually have the game and have gone through with distributing it as promised. Ideally though, a proto release would simply be a rom dump for the community do with as they like, not a cash-in. I'm fine with all of us working together to buy a proto cart from an owner for the community, but I don't see why it always has to be about distributing out carts as with this one and Ghostlop.

It's just the license issue I'm concerned with now.

Last edited:

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
What did you use instead of sac shells and boxes for your AES release?

We used sac shells and boxes to. Never said anything different.

I guess that there is no real doubt that this game is not a "fan made" development, but originally made by Visco.

True, but the cartridge is still home-brew according to the standards of most people here. Standards I personally disagree with...but I don't consider our games home-brew either.

If it´s really also licensed by them can only be verified if they put a link or some more details about the release on Visco´s hp.

I don't have much a doubt about that. There is no real reason to lie about that.
I don't think Visco will admit to it officially though. To much potential trouble with SNK etc. Unlicensed releases are always kinda shady to people, unfortunately ;)

I agree with SuperGun here: until now all that the guys have told us proved to be true. So i´ll just wait patiently and see with what they come up with next.

If it´s licensed i´ll buy it, if it´s not licensed i won´t. Simple as that for me.

So, a license is all what matters to you? Not the game it self?

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
So, a license is all what matters to you? Not the game it self?

Oh no, of course the game is the most important. I liked it from the beginning, since i am a big fan of platformers like Zupapa! or Snow Bros.

I just don´t want to support bootlegs, that´s why the license is important to me. That´s the reason why i did not buy the Ironclad AES cart, though i thought it was professionally made.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
All I'm saying is, let's be nice. We have NEVER had it so good.

100%. My only "complaint" is the insert being so ugly. :(

Nothing that important thought. :)

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Well, I have an MVS collection. So I need to know if I need to wait for their expensive MVS version or if the rom's going to get dumped and I'll be able to make my own. If Visco is involved, I want to go the legit route.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
The artwork and cartridge label look not prof. at all in my oppinion!

The inserts artwork is ugly as hell and not sharp (never ever offset printed ) and the AES logo on the cart label looks hideous! :(

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

I could care less about a license, just interested in owning a playable version of a game I wouldn't have otherwise...

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
When is a bootleg not a bootleg?

Oh no, of course the game is the most important. I liked it from the beginning, since i am a big fan of platformers like Zupapa! or Snow Bros.

I just don´t want to support bootlegs, that´s why the license is important to me. That´s the reason why i did not buy the Ironclad AES cart, though i thought it was professionally made.

What is it EXACTLY that you do NOT support? Is it "bootlegs", or is it "bootleggers". This is KEY to the entire argument.
I will offer you my opinion, if it helps you sleep better:

We went through this with Ghostlop & with Ironclad.
IMHO, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BOOTLEG of these games!
(and unless Bang Busters is licensed, the same will apply to it as well)
Why not? Because it is NOT POSSIBLE to bootleg something that has no original.

In the case of Ironclad as you mentioned, YES, if you paid YAMATO or whoever the hell that was $1,000 for a cartridge of Ironclad, then you were indeed supporting a bootLEGGER, but NOT a bootleg!
IF and ONLY IF Ironclad would have had an official release by SNK, then and ONLY then would you be supporting a BOOTLEG. (and/or bootlegger as is each case)

So, in the case of Ironclad, do the following:

1) Go to the game store.
2) Purchase a Nintendo Wii system.
3) Install and connect the Wii system to your television.
4) Pay and download the Wii Virtual Console Ironclad game.
5) Disconnect Wii system and throw it in the back of your closet.
6) Purchase or build your own Ironclad cartridge to play on your NeoGeo.
7) Tell Nintendo, SNK, & Saurus to go to hell.
8) Sleep well tonight knowing that you LEGALLY PAID the same AND MORE then 99% of the other gamers in the world to play the game.

Now, back to Bang Busters. Here is what you can do:

If it IS official, it's all been handled and that's that! Enjoy!

If it is NOT official:
1) Purchase and/or build the game yourself.
2) Send an anonymous international money order to Japan made out to Visco in the amount of $300 USD (more then fair for what Visco could have charged back in 1994 for the game had it actually been released)
3) Sleep well tonight knowing that you LEGALLY PAID for the game.

You guys over complicate this stuff.
Again, IMHO, this is a 1994 game that was never released. The original system it runs on is no longer supported with official original software. The potential market for the actual original physical rom cartridge versions of the game is non existent. The ONLY way this game EVER sees the light of day again through an "official" channel would be through cell phones, or software compilation packs, or virtual console downloads, etc. So IF/WHEN that ever happens, (just like we did with Ironclad) then buy the hardware/cell phone needed to play the game, purchase the software, and again, toss it in the back of your closet.

Again, these are just my opinions. But I think they are sensible even if they overkill the intention.