New neogeo game aes ?

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Will our friends at NCI meet the supposed January 31st release date?!? :rolleyes:

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
as stated on FB, someone asked if they made any changes to the game lately and NCI asked "yes japanese language for japanese system and us language for us system :)"

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'll believe the "no more delays" part when I actually see the thing. There's no pics of the insert or the manual yet.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Long time since they announced it and the release, more than enough to add nice backgrounds.

Last edited:

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Hope this means that the 31st will be actually out

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ugh. Seriously they could hired someone from here like NeoCvera to make a kick ass insert for MVS and AES. That looks so ugly.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
It really looks like an amateur job.
And I hope to be wrong, but I fear the AES and CD manuals are exactly the same. Also doesn't look like there's any CD containing bonus material and from the pictures on the back of the insert the backgrounds are not there.
What a disappointment

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
NCI should learn from NG.DEVTeam in order to make kickass inserts.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It really looks like an amateur job.
And I hope to be wrong, but I fear the AES and CD manuals are exactly the same. Also doesn't look like there's any CD containing bonus material and from the pictures on the back of the insert the backgrounds are not there.
What a disappointment

Yup, according to the pics the manual is the same for both AES and CD, says on the back cover. And yes I see that they didn't change much for the backgrounds either.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Bang Bang Busters Neo Geo Game Aes Hi Yes sure
Next release : we hope March for new neo geo cd game and May 2010 on AES

Bang Bang Busters Neo Geo Game Aes ‎2012

Looks like another delay till May.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Got a mail today from Neo-Ayato: they started shipping games yesterday, so we should all have our copies in the next few days :mr_t:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
So, how much did the AES version land up costing ?

grimeka

NEST Puppet
:) Very happy to see cart ... Nice design

Do you think so?? For me is very very ugly... Furthermore, weak colors, manual for both version, CD-AES, stiker.. stiker no comment..etc..
Is the last game I buy to these guys, I keep my money for the next NG:DEV.TEAM games..

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Don't compare with NG:Dev.Team because it's very different professional ;)
I am okay with Japan design but I have doubt for yellow line in English version :oh_no: why they take yellow color, I don't understand,why???

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Do you think so?? For me is very very ugly... Furthermore, weak colors, manual for both version, CD-AES, stiker.. stiker no comment..etc..
Is the last game I buy to these guys, I keep my money for the next NG:DEV.TEAM games..

I understand your point of view. But I don't see it that way.
Granted, I also am a little disappointed about things, but not about the "packaging" for the game.
If you really think about it, USA/English packaging for all the neogeo home cartridges was never really all that fancy.
They were all much more basic & plain in order to maintain uniformity with one another. So from that point of view,
the artwork & packaging for the insert is pretty consistent with that, and is fine by me.
As far as cart stickers or manuals are concerned, I have personally NEVER cared what they look like. In fact, the
cart could be plain with no label and it could be missing the manual for all I care because it is not even seen or
noticed from the outside. All that really matters, is how it looks on the shelf next to the other home carts.
And personally, I think it looks just fine. Whatever, looks good to me, no problem there.

However, make no mistake, as I mentioned before, I am disappointed with this game. But again, it has nothing to
do with "aesthetics". It is more in regards to the game programming itself. And again, NOT what you may be thinking
or what others have pointed out either. Things that have been complained about like the black backgrounds, or the
stationary chains that were thought to once have "motion" are not the issue either with me. It is the "disorganization"
and even arguably the "deception" that was involved with regards to the game itself, and its' alleged status as a proto.
Until I have it in my hands and can play test the game first hand, I won't really know for sure, but there are certain basic
elements that the game will need to contain in order for it to be designated as such. In the most simplest of terms, just
how much of this game remained true to the original proto, and how much of it was completely reprogrammed? Two
completely different teams worked on this game. Did each team start from the same point, or did the second team build
off from the first teams work? Questions like these will always remain.

And lastly, what about what I mentioned last year in regards to the proto that N.C.I. received. What happens in the
future if another more complete version surfaces? I agree, that would be an extremely rare situation but isn't it possible?
As a matter of fact, screenshots that were published in the Gamest Magazine from March 1994 (page 220), are clearly
from a proto of the game. Was it the same proto that N.C.I. received? Are we to believe that it is the same one, but
that after all these years bit rot and data corruption severely damaged the files? Or is this another proto that may
one day just turn up somewhere? Or was this proto destroyed / recycled by Face Corporation to work on their next
project and subsequently it is now lost forever.

Make no mistake, I am happy to see that we have managed to salvage this game, especially if this really does indeed
represent the only set of files for the game that survived and is ever found. I think it is great. Better then nothing!
But, I will always wonder about these questions for years to come.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
$500, double ug.

I have Last Hope on the DC and for what it's worth, that game feels top tier in every regard. It plays, sounds and looks like a game that could of came out in 98' under a SNK release.

This game ? Well, I haven't played it, but from what I've seen it just looks like a basic homebrew.

I'm a big fan the Jaguar homebrew/finished proto scene, so I've got a good feel of what's an A+ release and what just feels meh. $500 for a basic homebrew is just insane.

grimeka

NEST Puppet
Don't compare with NG:Dev.Team because it's very different professional ;)
I am okay with Japan design but I have doubt for yellow line in English version :oh_no: why they take yellow color, I don't understand,why???

Yes, I must compare, both offer the same, a new AES game and both have similar prices..
If the NCI game would have cost 200 euros, I don´t tell anything, but 400 euros for this game?? We pay the game in July and we will receive the game in February, they have a lot of time for do better the things.. Furthermore, finally they don´t include the proto, as they said at first..

I don´t know but there are many things to think everything about this project is a crap...
They know neo geo fans buy all games that are release, if we don´t buy these games, they would do better the things..

grimeka

NEST Puppet
BTW, I´m very happy with NG:DEV.TEAM, they have fabricated new cases, carts and pcbs, no more sac games, now new games without die other games..
I hope the next game will be a new genre.. perhaps a beat them up..xD

Last edited:

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
BTW, I´m very happy with NG:DEV.TEAM, they have fabricated new cases, carts and pcbs, no more sac games, now new games without die other games..
I hope the next game will be a new genre.. perhaps a beat them up..xD

Both "QP" and specially "Lost Star" from NCI can be killer ones if they manage the whole thing better.