New MVS Mini Marquee Professionaly Printed

Cool Craig

n00b
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I will not be printing these marquees for the rest of the year. Sorry to anyone who missed out on the last order. I will make a new post when I have the time to do some orders.

Please do not PM me for orders.

I am pleased everyone who order these are happy with the quality of the marquees. I'd like to see my marquees on your systems. Post some pics!

Update:

SVC Chaos (for the Griz) and Samurai Shodown 5 Special (for scgon)...

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...authkey=Gv1sRgCITvrPzRyODj_QE&feat=directlink

Last edited:

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
You know, I was about to say I could make those myself until I saw the quality.... I'm good on minis for most of my games, and can print my own stuff reasonably well... but that KoF2003.... damn... that looks NICE! I may have to hit you up for one of those once I'm back in town if my KoF gets a lot of play.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
It may just be the picture, but the marquees looks a little wide. Also, how thick are these? The printed ones appear flimsy in that picture.

If they are thick and the proper width/height, I will definitely buy a few.

eclypse

Banned
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Look really good to me! I might be contacting you soon for some and a 4 slot Big Red cab marquee header if i cant find one soon.

Cool Craig

n00b
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The dimentions are 100% on (c'mon dude, its a print shop). The slight bend is due to the material being on a roll. They lay nice and flat in the marquee. I'll ask the guys in the shop if they can press them flat.

No bubbles or white label on the back. Printed on the acetate material itself. Colors are nice and vibrant if I may say so myself.

I am a total prick when it comes to details and I am very pleased with these marquees. If you asked for better quality, you wouldn't get it. Top notch. Kinkos be damned.

Last edited:

eclypse

Banned
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
What revision of cabinet?

This one! Pic of my old cab i had about 2 years ago.

DSC05729.JPG

Grizz9567

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Good to see my hi-res minis getting printed at this quality! Now send me some of them Craig!

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I just hope no one gets these confused with the originals.

Talk about how disappointed someone would be thinking they were getting a real marquee only to find out it wasn't.

I don't know why people just don't buy the real ones.

Just my two cents.

Cool Craig

n00b
Rating - 100%
30   0   0

Talk about how disappointed someone would be thinking they were getting a real marquee only to find out it wasn't.

Just my two cents.
The nay-saying that goes on in these forums is annoying. Why wouldn't people want reprints that are readily available and of high quality instead of wasting their time searching for individual marquees that usually are not sold alone? And when you do find an original marquee, 9 times out of 10 it is faded and damaged in some way.

It goes without saying that it is your two cents and is totally unnessary to post such stupid thoughts. What are you offering to members besides your bitching?

Grizz9567

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
yes i got the scan..
gonna work on it next week sometime.
i have not recieved the minis back yet..
probably today though..
so refund is coming friday i am sure :}

i would like a blazing star original...pulstar original..svc chaos xtra2 jr..and a turfmaster original.
those 4 my man.

to funny ordering my own minis...i have them printed on paper..but they are nothing like craig is doing!

thanks man..let me know!

Griz,

Did you get the scan of Puzzle Bobble 2 marquee? Let me know what marquees you want and I'll give you a deal.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1

Just my two cents.

Eh... I HIGHLY doubt people will actually confuse them with the originals. I like having originals for the sake of having them, but have a conversion cabinet that doesn't have the standard means of holding up the marquees, so I have to tape them to the back of my marquee. Yes, it's ghetto-rigged, but this are perfect for someone like me, and only cost a bit more than it'd cost me to make lesser-quality ones myself. Maybe the OP will offer discounts for if they're bought in bulk? *hint, hint*

I just want to point out that Grizz and Craig are THE MEN! These two, along with Erin Varao who I believe is collaborating with Grizz on the mini's project, are doing as much as anyone for the Neo community as far as I can tell right now, and their efforts deserve to be recognized. Also, I hope Craig is hooking Grizz up with some of those minis for free, seeing as it's a lot of his art that's being used.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
That's because he wants people to be able to tell it's a repro and not original so he alters the MMs.

Grizz9567

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Each mini is manipulated slightly...even if it is a font change/color change. background change..etc..on some u will notice it more..on others..just a bit. but we had to alter them from the originals. it wouldnt be that fair to original collectors to replicate these identical, hey man nothiing is perfect anyway..in my eyes. close enough i say...and hey.. they are in hi res now for anyone that wants a decent mini:buttrock:

That marquee looks a lot different from the one I sent you. Here is the scan in .tif format....

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...?authkey=Gv1sRgCMKjudqyh9CjWw&feat=directlink

Cool Craig

n00b
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That's because he wants people to be able to tell it's a repro and not original so he alters the MMs.
It is easy to tell the difference between the originals....... Just look at the back....
Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting 2 are originals...

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...?authkey=Gv1sRgCJyM98zn6pSCdg&feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...?authkey=Gv1sRgCJyM98zn6pSCdg&feat=directlink

I will be doing a run on Monday. If anyone is interested, be sure to let me know by the end of the weekend.

Last edited:

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
^links don't work.

backs of photocopies should be laminated, though, whereas originals have a bit of texture to them and are like a flat white

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
The nay-saying that goes on in these forums is annoying. Why wouldn't people want reprints that are readily available and of high quality instead of wasting their time searching for individual marquees that usually are not sold alone? And when you do find an original marquee, 9 times out of 10 it is faded and damaged in some way.

It goes without saying that it is your two cents and is totally unnessary to post such stupid thoughts. What are you offering to members besides your bitching?

First off, my two cents is warranted just like anyone else's here.

I've been here a hell of a long time, and seen way too much to not bring up a point when it makes sense to.

Do you think you're the first person to come up with this idea? Of course not.

While you may have the best of intentions, you should easily be able to see that people have gotten screwed over in the Neo community for a long time. Of course you wouldn't know that, because you just started here.

There are a ton of scammers out there, and it isn't inconceivable to think that someone would purchase these with the intent to resell as originals.

Without some alteration (as Grizz mentions - great idea, by the way), it would be very easy to pawn them off as the real deal.

When you're buying on ebay, for example, you can ask if they're real, but they might not know (some people, new to the scene, might have no idea). Or, they can easily say that they are, only to find out that they're repros when you get them in the mail.

Since you can't touch them, or examine them closely, you may get screwed over.

That was my only point.

If you can't see how bringing up something like that is valuable, then perhaps I'm not the problem.

You're going to do what you want anyway, so it's not like you're looking for validation.

Also, I just started collecting the mini marquees about a year ago (for the second time), and have all but 37. They're all original, all non-faded, and all without damage.

Most of them cost about $5, but some were more. So, it can certainly be done.

Cool Craig

n00b
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
First off, my two cents is warranted just like anyone else's here.

I've been here a hell of a long time, and seen way too much to not bring up a point when it makes sense to.

Do you think you're the first person to come up with this idea? Of course not.

While you may have the best of intentions, you should easily be able to see that people have gotten screwed over in the Neo community for a long time. Of course you wouldn't know that, because you just started here.

There are a ton of scammers out there, and it isn't inconceivable to think that someone would purchase these with the intent to resell as originals.

Without some alteration (as Grizz mentions - great idea, by the way), it would be very easy to pawn them off as the real deal.

When you're buying on ebay, for example, you can ask if they're real, but they might not know (some people, new to the scene, might have no idea). Or, they can easily say that they are, only to find out that they're repros when you get them in the mail.

Since you can't touch them, or examine them closely, you may get screwed over.

That was my only point.

If you can't see how bringing up something like that is valuable, then perhaps I'm not the problem.

You're going to do what you want anyway, so it's not like you're looking for validation.

Also, I just started collecting the mini marquees about a year ago (for the second time), and have all but 37. They're all original, all non-faded, and all without damage.

Most of them cost about $5, but some were more. So, it can certainly be done.
I hear your point Orri, but understand some people might not want to waste their time searching for original marquees that could be sold as fake anyways. I do not share in your good fortune of receiving non-damaged marquees. I have 7 out of 24 that are mint.

There is a unmistakable difference between the reprints and buyers could ask for a picture of the backside before purchasing.

My intentions are strictly for the people like myself who would like brand new marquees without the guesswork or the constant searching required to find originals. The reprints are a cost effective way to ensure members have the marquees associated with their games. Try finding a Puzzle Bobble 2 marquee without paying rediculous amounts of money. It sucks having to dish out big bucks for a piece of transparent material in addition to the high cost associated with the better MVS titles.