New Genesis game (WIP) by Yuzo Koshiro

KGRAMR

Another Striker
That would be cool. I don't know if Sega themselves are still manufacturing cartridges these days since all the recent cartridge releases have been handled by other companies.
Hmm... No, i don't think Sega are manufacturing Genesis cartridges these days since 1998. Someday, Sega needs to declare the Genesis an Open platform for homebrew development, much like how Hasbro did with the Jaguar in 1999.

neo.kobe.city

NEST Puppet
Hmm... No, i don't think Sega are manufacturing Genesis cartridges these days since 1998. Someday, Sega needs to declare the Genesis an Open platform for homebrew development, much like how Hasbro did with the Jaguar in 1999.
Yeah, I figured as such. That would be awesome if they did that for Genesis, SMS and Game Gear. I'm still waiting for M2 to work with someone to give us physical GG Aleste 3 cartridges.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Yeah, I figured as such. That would be awesome if they did that for Genesis, SMS and Game Gear. I'm still waiting for M2 to work with someone to give us physical GG Aleste 3 cartridges.
Yeah! I would buy an official cartridge release of GG Aleste 3. It sucks that only one fuctional copy exists, just for promotional purposes. :(

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I don't think it would be a big step for them to put out cartridges again. They license out the name for all of those 3rd party controllers now. The boxes have the red Genesis banner and the controllers look just like the old ones with the logo stamped on there. They could do the same thing with game releases if they wanted to.

neo.kobe.city

NEST Puppet
Yeah! I would buy an official cartridge release of GG Aleste 3. It sucks that only one fuctional copy exists, just for promotional purposes. :(
Hopefully it happens dude! I have GG Aleste 1 and 2 already but how badass would it be to play 3 on real hardware. At the very least, I hope some dudes can crack the copy protection so we can play it on an Everdrive.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Hopefully it happens dude! I have GG Aleste 1 and 2 already but how badass would it be to play 3 on real hardware. At the very least, I hope some dudes can crack the copy protection so we can play it on an Everdrive.
People have tried but it seems that in response to the Darius ROM on the Genesis mini and the ROM of NES Pacman Championship Edition being leaked online, prompted M2 to protect the ROM of GG Aleste 3 inside Game Gear minis and the Aleste Collection to only be played on said products. Everybody can sing the praises they want for M2, but it's a very petty and stupid-ass decision if you ask me. Just my opinion.

neo.kobe.city

NEST Puppet
People have tried but it seems that in response to the Darius ROM on the Genesis mini and the ROM of NES Pacman Championship Edition being leaked online, prompted M2 to protect the ROM of GG Aleste 3 inside Game Gear minis and the Aleste Collection to only be played on said products. Everybody can sing the praises they want for M2, but it's a very petty and stupid-ass decision if you ask me. Just my opinion.
Yeah, I've read about that and it's definitely a dick move on M2's part. I completely agree man, pretty stupid and petty-ass decision on their part for sure. Of course I'll definitely buy and want a copy of they decide to do it but they're definitely not the "second coming" in my eyes after this shit.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Why? There have been independent releases for at least a decade or more. Some really good ones. I believe the Tanglewood guy or those who did Xenocrisis tried to get an official seal of approval from Sega Europe but they respectfully declined.

Kid Fenris

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
Looks great. That atmospheric descent reminds me of Thunder Force IV's water stage, just for the way the clouds move.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Modern shooting game opens with a ballute re-entry animation instead of giggling lolis and laser disco shit…I’m interested.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member

Haha! I don’t disagree with you but you have to realize that value is a factor there…nobody ever made a penny off the Jag while the Genesis was one of the most profitable home electronics products in history. One…may be more worth holding on to than the other…

Theruff

Cheng's Errand Boy
One…may be more worth holding on to than the other…
SEGA keeps releasing old Genesis games through archival collections. The system is remembered fondly and this keeps driving sales.

The moment they officially sanction a new genesis game, they set the bar for many newer players who never experienced the Genesis back in its prime, for better or for worse. They’re never going to take that risk and instead will keep banking on nostalgia.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I know I complained about it before, but can we please go back to insulting people for their race, age, sexual orientation, disabilities etc? This “goob goob goob shit” is fucking retarded. Talk about being addicted to the smell of your own farts…fuck.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I know I complained about it before, but can we please go back to insulting people for their race, age, sexual orientation, disabilities etc? This “goob goob goob shit” is fucking retarded. Talk about being addicted to the smell of your own farts…fuck.
Fucking LOL. Says the most smug fart huffing addicted tool on here.

Whiney bitch.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
FyTOPgzaAAAHFtj

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I for once agree, all pointing fingers to one another about being collectards and goobs instead of real gamers...honestly everybody here is a collectard one way or the other

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I for once agree, all pointing fingers to one another about being collectards and goobs instead of real gamers...honestly everybody here is a collectard one way or the other
I think for the most part it's all in good fun. I prefer the playful name-calling to the prior serious criticism.