New DavidG special - Jockey GP

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I think the fact that DavidG buying MVS carts of Power Spikes 2 and Aero Fighters 3 just kind of tells you what the deal is if in fact that is true as pointed out by Kenny.

Aside from Kenny, who else knew about this?

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
This was mentioned in confidence to me last year.

This was no secret, David made some public post supposedly explaining himself about this over a year ago. I don't think it was multiple copies that he purchased, but he had some wacky explanation that (naturally) nobody believed.

Go back and check David's posts from last year.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I really wanted to buy a MS1 JAP, this will probably never happen. Too bad. Now: nerdrage!

I used to own it and it's a great game to play, but owning the game isn't the biggest deal. Anyone can buy a MS1.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
I used to own it and it's a great game to play, but owning the game isn't the biggest deal. Anyone can buy a MS1.

I think the luster wears off after you own the game, but until you have owned it at least once, you dream about ownership.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think the luster wears off after you own the game, but until you have owned it at least once, you dream about ownership.

In the world of pure Japanese homecart collecting, I would rather look to a mint Maruko, with perfect colors, as the holy grail.

Bar81

20 Year Member
In the world of pure Japanese homecart collecting, I would rather look to a mint Maruko, with perfect colors, as the holy grail.

I don't know what would be a holy grail, but I think MS1 still carries a certain mystique. Personally, if we are talking expensive JP carts, I would rather own BTG.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey

:crying: My Maruko has slight sunfade at spine. It's very rare to find perfect color really....

Bar81

20 Year Member
:crying: My Maruko has slight sunfade at spine. It's very rare to find perfect color really....

Why is that? Were they all stored in a greenhouse or something?

One-Up

Armored Scrum Object
I don't know what would be a holy grail, but I think MS1 still carries a certain mystique. Personally, if we are talking expensive JP carts, I would rather own BTG.

I would gladly buy all three. But since the market is flooded with fakes (ebay Spain anyone?), I will probably not.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

It's because of the color chosen. Certain colors have a harder time in sunlight.

Sure, you can get a BTG mint, not that hard. Still harder to get a correct Maruko.

amaradona

Kabuki Klasher
I never seen a BTG mint at least in Japan but of course it can exists without doubt.
My Maruko is mint but my BTG has a slight sunfade at the bottom.
I think Dr Neo geo in Germany has the full set in mint condition and I mean real mint.Kudos to you man!

mahesak

Morden's Lackey

It may because the yellow of insert and game play is bored so it still be in the shop long time and the light makes insert has sunfade.

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
This was no secret, David made some public post supposedly explaining himself about this over a year ago. I don't think it was multiple copies that he purchased, but he had some wacky explanation that (naturally) nobody believed.

Go back and check David's posts from last year.

There were multiple copies purchased as I was the seller.

Bar81

20 Year Member
It's because of the color chosen. Certain colors have a harder time in sunlight.

Sure, you can get a BTG mint, not that hard. Still harder to get a correct Maruko.

I wasn't doubting that Maruko is harder to get and a perfect copy for a collector is the holy grail of JP collecting; I was simply saying that since I only collect games that I personally enjoy, BTG is the big budget game that occupies that status in my collection.

I wish BTG was not that hard to find, I've been looking for two months and only one possible lead.

Last edited:

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member

Fair enough, I was just going by what I recall reading.

Hey, the games are probably fake, maybe you should have a look at them Kenny? :) if only you had written on the Roms in invisible ink before selling them, we could nip this in the bud right now :)

Kpj

Fair enough, I was just going by what I recall reading.

Hey, the games are probably fake, maybe you should have a look at them Kenny? :) if only you had written on the Roms in invisible ink before selling them, we could nip this in the bud right now :)

I would love to have a look at the games, I just need one of you to send them my way.

DavidG

I only bought one copy from you. Any other copies were bought by other people and were never confirmed to be me. I still have the one I bought from you, complete with piss poor condition artwork.

Nick Goracke

I'm still around!?,
Given David's opinion about NGF and his story about the "real KOF 2k", he would not have permitted a copy to be sent to you for inspection.

Nobody biting? Can you expand on this?

Geddon_jt said:
By the way, Billy and I will be recording an in depth video of both AF3 and PS2, which will touch on all relevant objective facts and items in both reports.

Glad to hear.

Kpj

I only bought one copy from you. Any other copies were bought by other people and were never confirmed to be me. I still have the one I bought from you, complete with piss poor condition artwork.

David,

With all due respect, that is not true. I have the records on file.

While I admit, I don't quite remember the exact condition of the MVS artwork, I don't recall it being 'piss-poor' in quality. I had that kit for ages (it was my personal copy) and I would not have kept a trashy set for my collection.

I'm just stating the facts; I'd appreciate it if you did the same.

DavidG

Fact is it was in piss poor condition. Sun faded with a large crease going right through the center. Garbage.

The game was bought to test with the converter so it didn't matter anyways. I only bought one copy of the game. Again I still have it complete with shit artwork if you want to buy it back, :lolz:.

David,

With all due respect, that is not true. I have the records on file.

While I admit, I don't quite remember the exact condition of the MVS artwork, I don't recall it being 'piss-poor' in quality. I had that kit for ages (it was my personal copy) and I would not have kept a trashy set for my collection.

I'm just stating the facts; I'd appreciate it if you did the same.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member

Wow. Is this really going to be your only contribution to this thread?

Since your transaction with NGDEV Team has concluded, why not post part two of the reveal?

Or, better yet, why not try answering a few of the questions already posed to you in this thread?

Jon