New DavidG special - Jockey GP

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
ive always called for the head of David G, that hasn't changed. He engineered this.

from the ridiculous story about his employment, the back and both about the origins of the carts (its real, wait no its a prerelease test) to the staged 8 slot pictures

also, lol FTL. I can't believe what im reading. You wrote this barely 3 months ago

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?241996-So-Vinh-_did_-talk-to-SNK-about-DavidG&p=3514787&viewfull=1#post3514787

I don't think the 8 slot was "staged." Seemed to be the real deal.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Out of all the things DavidG has posted, I actually think it looks the most fake.

Hobbyist made 8-slot AT BEST.

Jon

which pics are you judging from? There was a photoshopped pic made by some funster posted too.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
which pics are you judging from? There was a photoshopped pic made by some funster posted too.

Uh, I'm pretty sure that the ones I'm referring to are the ones DavidG himself posted.

I'd have to look through a 30+ page thread....

Jon

daz007

Morden's Lackey
This whole thing stinks, but more so the reactions and acceptance by many of the community.

Mike : Stupid, naive, money grabbing with the idea that he was billy big time. Despite this i actually don't think he should refund as he made it clear there was no guarentee. Yes he was a conduit towards the sale but quite frankly if you ever believed it was real then you were stupid/ naive and desperate in the first place.

DavidG : nothing more than a talented thief who somehow is now being allowed to peddle his goods. Remember, without people buying his goods he has no market, shame on everyone who still buys ANY item produced by him.

Shawn : A crook. Prepared to facilitate the biggest scammer of all time and then WELCOME his products into his shop just because DavidG is now going down a different route to market....Pathetic

And you all give NGF a hard time...

The Buyers : Gullible beyond belief,

Pre Orders for Jockey : Anyone who purchases this is adding fuel to the fire and perpetuating the DavidG scam, you should be ashamed

This place has no community spirit anymore, shame !

chamane

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Enough of your frog language!

BTW, how's the statue? Pics or GTFO....

Jon

Tape Jean- marie Pigeon on Google image .You Will see a sculpture of Tintin and Milou ( Tintin and the blue lotus). .
This Guy was Murakami' s model maker .

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
ive always called for the head of David G, that hasn't changed. He engineered this.

from the ridiculous story about his employment, the back and both about the origins of the carts (its real, wait no its a prerelease test) to the staged 8 slot pictures

also, lol FTL. I can't believe what im reading. You wrote this barely 3 months ago

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?241996-So-Vinh-_did_-talk-to-SNK-about-DavidG&p=3514787&viewfull=1#post3514787

yes and still consistent with it: david G had to give money back to Chamane and hopefully Brandi and all others cheated by him will ask money back as well...and David G will have to honor that request or he will be banned from here. Also: if Geddon or Billy paid the fair amounts for those coversions, they would be anyway happy with them.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Tape Jean- marie Pigeon on Google image .You Will see a sculpture of Tintin and Milou ( Tintin and the blue lotus). .
This Guy was Murakami' s model maker .

Love Tintin et Milou. Great collector scene—way less drama than here.

As a noob I feel like mommy and daddy are fighting. :(

FTL

Staff member
Oh chamane....care to answer?

Was it discolosed to chamane that tonk lied to convince him to buy the game even telling that it might be not legitimate? and if you think about it, Dicioccio resorted to tell lies and paint a more comfortable scenario just because he had to say the game might be not legitimate. Had he avoided telling lies, nobody would have bought it.

i.e.: Tonk would have written " the seller is a conversion man called DavidiG and he is selling them by my help."
zero copies sold as a result. Lies were needed and Tonk used lies to move those fake carts

Last edited:

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Was it discolosed to chamane that tonk lied to convince him to buy the game even telling that it might be not legitimate? and if you think about it, Dicioccio resorted to tell lies and paint a more comfortable scenario just because he had to say the game might be not legitimate. Had he avoided telling lies, nobody would have bought it.

i.e.: the seller is a conversion man called DavidiG and he is selling them by my help. zero copies sold as a result. Lies were needed and Tonk used lies to move those fake carts.

I asked chamane the question, not you.

Also saying no one would have bought it is a bit presumptuous on your part.

Jockey Grandprix is nothing more than a piece of shit bootleg, yet I gather the usual suspects have all queued up to buy a bootleg AES cart.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Tonk's problem was telling the customer his cut was non-refundable, and not DavidG, in the inevitable case a refund was wanted. I would've made sure all this was clear before such high dollar carts started to be sold.

FTL

Staff member
I asked chamane the question, not you.

Also saying no one would have bought it is a bit presumptuous on your part.

Jockey Grandprix is nothing more than a piece of shit bootleg, yet I gather the usual suspects have all queued up to buy a bootleg AES cart.

what a weak reply.

You can ask Brandi, 8 man or Chamane if they would have bought the game if they had known the seller was DavidG...creator of a well known converter and neo geo expert...why the hell are you still standing for Tonk? he took money and sold his rep with a well constructed fraud. Simple as that. Can't you just go back to his original thread and look at all the lies he wrote to convince potential buyers?

FTL

Staff member

You are 100% right and it is sold as such. Expensive converted cart. just like AF 3 is.

Problem is Tonk managed with lies and constructed stories to sell af 3 as an original cart. That's fraud.
He knew from the beginning davidG was his "source" but of course did not disclose that info and even worse, lied about critical points of the story.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Oh , I forgot something .
Brandi , the euro Kiz I have sold you 6 months ago was a fake one but it was more than 4 months ago ...
I will refund you if I win to the lotery . The problem is that I never buy tickets .
Seriously Tonk what did you do with the 40 kusd ?
You bought ice creams ?
You must be so fat then .

That french charme. :lolz:

DangerousK

20 Year Member
You are 100% right and it is sold as such. Expensive converted cart. just like AF 3 is.

Problem is Tonk managed with lies and constructed stories to sell af 3 as an original cart. That's fraud.
He knew from the beginning davidG was his "source" but of course did not disclose that info and even worse, lied about critical points of the story.

Please, stop calling it a conversion.

That's no different from putting a silk hat on a pig; it's still a pig at the end of the day.

All this bullshit about conversions and the like does not change that at the end of the day, everything is a bootleg. NGF, !Arcade!, etc. etc. were all selling nothing more than glorified bootlegs.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Everyone in here loves the cock.

Including me.

:drool:

DangerousK

20 Year Member
what a weak reply.

You can ask Brandi, 8 man or Chamane if they would have bought the game if they had known the seller was DavidG...creator of a well known converter and neo geo expert...why the hell are you still standing for Tonk? he took money and sold his rep with a well constructed fraud. Simple as that. Can't you just go back to his original thread and look at all the lies he wrote to convince potential buyers?

Have any, or all of those three signed up to buy Jockey Grandprix?

If the answer is yes, then it pretty much puts an end to them not buying a game if they knew the seller was DavidG.

Here's the whole thing, DavidG now works with Shawn. There's no outrage being expressed (at least openly) about this by you, chamane, Brandi, or 8man. Why is that?

FTL

Staff member

If the answer is yes, then it pretty much puts an end to them not buying a game if they knew the seller was DavidG.

Here's the whole thing, DavidG now works with Shawn. There's no outrage being expressed (at least openly) about this by you, chamane, Brandi, or 8man. Why is that?

????

JGP is priced at $1.5k that means an expensive converted home cart and it is advertised as such

AF 3 was priced at $30k that means fraud and it was advertised as an original SNK product

Tonk's cut of the deal was $5k, more than jgp retail price...maybe is more clear to you put that way.

Is that difficult to grasp?

Last edited:

DangerousK

20 Year Member
????

JGP is priced at $1.5k that means an expensive converted home cart and it is advertised as such

AF 3 was priced at $30k that means fraud and it was advertised as an original SNK product

Tonk's cut of the deal was $5k, more than jgp retail price...maybe is more clear to you put that way.

Is that difficult to grasp?

Again, whose idea was it to sell AF3 as legit? Or better yet, who was it that really wanted to sell AF3 as legit? Why DavidG even came on here and posted numerous times that the game was legitimate. But that doesn't really fit into your alternate reality narrative that this was all masterminded by Tonk as some elaborate scheme now, does it?

So tell me, are you expressing outrage that Shawn is in business with a con artist at least in private to Shawn or others?

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member

One thing is to remain in the shadow, using a well-known and respected memeber here as a front-man, create a fake story about a previous SNK employement to lead potential buyers into thinking the stuff you're selling is legit and asking a 30k price tag based on these lies

Another thing is to come clear about yourself and the product you're selling and give it a "reasonable" price

There's a HUGE difference here

DavidG should have choose the 2nd route right from the start and nothing of this mess would have happened...

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
DavidG should have choose the 2nd route right from the start and nothing of this mess would have happened...

But he didn't. That's the problem people here have. He spread some of the biggest lies anybody has ever seen in this hobby (seriously, designing a chip for the Neo Geo?). He took people for tens of thousands of dollars. Now Shawn selling this dude's stuff.

The guy that people are wanting to say committed fraud is now hocking his stuff with full support of the Neo Store.