NES Sim City Proto Found

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
i hope whoever owns this wants like 50.000 for the dump. at least.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
How could a NES version of Sim City in 2017 possibly be worth it? Even in 1997 I wouldn't have played that shit. There are far superior versions to be had. What would the point be other than retro hipster "look at me gaiz, I'm playing Sim City on my super 80's retro NES" cred.

You are worse than xorthen and uiengineer combined.

If you say so. I like the original Sim City best, and I still play with the SNES version and Micropolis too. As I said I've wanted a crack at this for like 20 years so if it gets dumped I'm going to play it. There's nothing wrong with that at all whether you see it or not. I'm just glad finally a copy has shown up outside of Nintendo in private hands as they gloated about this one twice in their own magazine and now it's not under lock and key.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
That is pretty wild. Did you never get to play anything else unreleased or in beta form?

No, never anything else that ended up being not released. Most of the time that kids dad would just borrow stuff that was just released so we could always just rent it ourselves. We didn't have him bring over stuff too often. That was a bit of a big deal for us at the time since it wasn't out yet. Just had no idea how big of a deal it would turn out to be for me. It's certainly one of the more vivid gaming memories I've got from BitD.