NES Sim City Proto Found

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member

This has been talked about for years, nice to see it hasn't been lost to time. Maybe the owner will dump it for everyone.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I've always wanted to play a crippled version of Sim City.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Looks like shit but all those man titty cunts out there will be splurging all over this one. What a joke.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
That person speaking in the background needs to David Carradine him/herself.

I've always wanted to play a crippled version of Sim City.

This.

...although, I did love the SNES version way back when.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
More importantly, why does Jerry own two copies of True Colors?

Last edited:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
You are right, that is the SNES version. I didn't realize he upgraded. Here's the NES version:

1381514176821715854.jpg

Last edited:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
There is an issue of Nintendo Power that shows the proto in a gold Zelda case, and that exact board is shown in the video

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I've wanted a crack at that since it popped up in NP years ago with Earthbound on the same page. I hope that guy makes that public.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I have no problem admitting it. I'd wait for someone to put one on a cart and pay for it if it was worth it. Fuck that community, the Nintendo one went off the deep end years ago. In the mean time it would give me a reason to put a controller on my laptop and emulate it to see if it's worth it.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I have no problem admitting it. I'd wait for someone to put one on a cart and pay for it if it was worth it. Fuck that community, the Nintendo one went off the deep end years ago. In the mean time it would give me a reason to put a controller on my laptop and emulate it to see if it's worth it.

How could a NES version of Sim City in 2017 possibly be worth it? Even in 1997 I wouldn't have played that shit. There are far superior versions to be had. What would the point be other than retro hipster "look at me gaiz, I'm playing Sim City on my super 80's retro NES" cred.

You are worse than xorthen and uiengineer combined.

Last edited:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
While this might not be the best way to play Sim City I'm glad to see someone has finally found a copy.

Living in the land of Nintendo it wasn't uncommon to know people that worked for them. I recall knowing a few different people that had worked for them when I was a kid back in the NES era. One kids dad worked for them when Sim City was being done and had brought it home for the weekend. And we played the shit out of it for that entire weekend. I'd wanted to have a copy when it was going to be released, but it never got a release even though it seems to have been finished (or almost finished). And in the years since I've wondered why no one had made public a copy of it as most other stuff seems to have been made available or at least made known.

So yeah, I'd like to give it a go again. Dat nostalgia...

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
One of the most sought after unreleased NES games, and this dude walks into a store with 2 existing prototypes of the game? With the amount of money these will sell for, I'm thinking a mass release would have to happen to break even.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
That person speaking in the background needs to David Carradine him/herself.

That's being far too generous.

Plus turn your phone on it's side while filming! Watching videos in portrait mode on YouTube makes me want to Carradine myself.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
How could a NES version of Sim City in 2017 possibly be worth it? Even in 1997 I wouldn't have played that shit. There are far superior versions to be had. What would the point be other than retro hipster "look at me gaiz, I'm playing Sim City on my super 80's retro NES" cred.

You are worse than xorthen and uiengineer combined.

I have to agree. There's some old games that are worth playing, and some that are just a waste of time or being "nostalgic" just for the hell of it.

A random example would be arcade NARC. Can you play shit versions of it on various systems including the NES? Sure. Why you would possibly do that when arcade perfect translation are available is beyond me.

Sim City on the NES is a complete waste of time in 2017.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
faggots whiteknighting the stupid kid in hopes of not pissing off the uploader and getting a dump.
go kill yourselves, fucking retro faggots.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
While this might not be the best way to play Sim City I'm glad to see someone has finally found a copy.

Living in the land of Nintendo it wasn't uncommon to know people that worked for them. I recall knowing a few different people that had worked for them when I was a kid back in the NES era. One kids dad worked for them when Sim City was being done and had brought it home for the weekend. And we played the shit out of it for that entire weekend. I'd wanted to have a copy when it was going to be released, but it never got a release even though it seems to have been finished (or almost finished). And in the years since I've wondered why no one had made public a copy of it as most other stuff seems to have been made available or at least made known.

So yeah, I'd like to give it a go again. Dat nostalgia...

That is pretty wild. Did you never get to play anything else unreleased or in beta form?