NEOSD MVS Support thread !

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
@Sceptre_JLRB. No, its defo not a ROM corruption issue, are you sure you have a MV-1F and not MV-1FZ?

Last edited:

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
I tested my neosd on 3 different MVS slot:

-MV4F : seems no graphical issue

-MV1FZ : random graphical glitch , like on video with different games

-MV1FZS : same as MV1FZ

According to video , glitching is sometimes even after power off/on , totally random....

No glitch with MVS converter , I would be interested to know if GadgetUK has the same kind of glitch.

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
@Sceptre_JLRB. No, its defo not a ROM corruption issue, are you sure you have a MV-1F and not MV-1FZ?

Yeah, absolutely, mine is MV-1F (as you can see in my pics in the other thread).
I got such glitch only in that game and it was permanent, hence I decided to use another zip romset. But maybe what we are dealing here right now is a completely different issue.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yeah, absolutely, mine is MV-1F (as you can see in my pics in the other thread).
I got such glitch only in that game and it was permanent, hence I decided to use another zip romset. But maybe what we are dealing here right now is a completely different issue.

Yes you may be right, your going to have to make a video so we can see if the same or not.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
I think it's a different issue my romset crc was tested with romcenter before .neo conversion and tested after with neo validator.

I noticed also some hissing noise in the cabinet speakers (tested in 2 different arcade cabinet ) when flashing games but maybe not relevant .

neosd

Neosd Developer
I think it's a different issue my romset crc was tested with romcenter before .neo conversion and tested after with neo validator.

I noticed also some hissing noise in the cabinet speakers (tested in 2 different arcade cabinet ) when flashing games but maybe not relevant .

Hello,

We are going to try to reproduce this issue tomorrow. We will submit a firmware update as soon as possible.
In the meanwhile we would like that everyone with any issue tell us MVS board model and if they are using validated roms, so we dont go hunting ghosts (not saying this is the case btw)

greatfunky, GadgetUK if you dont mind, we would like to give you a firmware update tomorrow so you can report us if the issue still persits.

Thanks

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but there seems to be a problem with filtering by genre. I am filtering to shooters and loading Ninja Commando but it loads Art of Fighting 3 every time. AOF3 is the game in the position that I am selecting when on the main list. Loading Ninja Commando from the main list works perfectly.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Hello,

We are going to try to reproduce this issue tomorrow. We will issue a firmware updste as soon as possible.
In the meanwhile we would like that everyone with any issue tell us mvs model and if they are using validated roms, so we dont go hunting ghosts (not saying this is the case btw)

Greatfunky if you dont mind, we would like to give you a firmware update tomorrow so you can help us adressing that issue

Thanks
OK no problem !
Hoping my neosd will be always working with mvs converters after the update :keke:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but there seems to be a problem with filtering by genre. I am filtering to shooters and loading Ninja Commando but it loads Art of Fighting 3 every time. AOF3 is the game in the position that I am selecting when on the main list. Loading Ninja Commando from the main list works perfectly.

Reported and already fixed, it will come on the next firmware update.

Thanks

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I've noticed a problem with KoF 2003 today - I will include it in the video later so you can see it. There's some sprite break up in the intro. I tested the same game on the 161 in 1 and it doesn't show any problems, so it would seem the MVS is not the cause. I couldn't get around the corruption problem with cold boots like I could with the noise problem earlier. So there's definitely some kind of timing issue present. Overall its a great cart though, and these kinds of glitches are bound to be expected in an early version etc. I am hoping either a future firmware update might fix it, or perhaps some minor modification to the board - perhaps to add a capacitor or something.

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot

Yes, I noticed that hissing too - its the MCU I think, I can hear when its programming. That also makes me think that it could just be a noise problem causing the graphical issues I've seen so far. Perhaps a couple of additional caps are required on one of the boards to filter that noise.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I've noticed a problem with KoF 2003 today - I will include it in the video later so you can see it. There's some sprite break up in the intro. I tested the same game on the 161 in 1 and it doesn't show any problems, so it would seem the MVS is not the cause.

You can't really compare games like that on a 161in1. I would more think it would still be related to the MV-1FZ but when I see what your talking about with kof2003 I'll check it here. I defo did not see any sprite issues though in the intro myself.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Yes, I noticed that hissing too - its the MCU I think, I can hear when its programming. That also makes me think that it could just be a noise problem causing the graphical issues I've seen so far. Perhaps a couple of additional caps are required on one of the boards to filter that noise.

We think its a timming issue that affects MV1FZ board.
We will know more tomorrow once we try to reproduce it, this should be fixed by a firmware update.

Thanks for the feedback

Last edited:

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
@neosd

Just a really minor issue here:

Zintrick. The version recognized by NeoBuilder (zintrckb.zip) displays corrupted UniBIOS 3.2 menu graphics. The version not recognized by NeoBuilder (zintrkcd.zip, requires the previous romset to work, converted to .neo using NeoBuilder.exe command line) shows them correctly. Not sure which one should be here the ROM parent version... Anyway, I think zintrkcd.zip is currently a non-MAME romset.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

Only on the unibios menu ? not on the game itself ?

Thanks

@neosd

Zintrick. The version recognized by NeoBuilder (zintrckb.zip) displays corrupted UniBIOS 3.2 menu graphics. The version not recognized by NeoBuilder (zintrkcd.zip, requires the previous romset to work, converted to .neo using NeoBuilder.exe command line) shows them correctly. Not sure which one should be here the ROM parent version... Anyway, I think zintrkcd.zip is currently a non-MAME romset.

Anyone with an MV1C tested NeoSD yet? I would like to know if there are incompatibility problems with version too!

Thanks.

Grendell

Morden's Lackey
Hm , dont know much about anything be it software or hardware side of neo geo stuff but maybe just maybe the hardware is really old and sometimes even if you use a original game for example ssv and Original hardware you got glitches .... I only can imagine how bad it will be to fix problems who are sometimes there even without anything outside of Neo stuff

Mikekim

n00b
Anyone with an MV1C tested NeoSD yet? I would like to know if there are incompatibility problems with version too!

Thanks.

No issues on my analogue cmvs..
I get the noise when flashing... Almost reminds me of listening to games loading back in the day..

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
@neosd

That is not a neosd issue but an issue due to the fake zintrick prototype hack used in MAME.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I finally cleaned properly my both slots , the glitch issue is still there , i did a short video.

Take a look at the red columns on the top of the screen .

PS : sorry for the confusion : i'm talking about slot , i would mean MotherBoard .

Yes, exact same glitching! Did you try KoF2003 yet - are you getting sprites broken up badly on the intro - part where the woman in red scrolls from right to left close up.

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Hello,

Only on the unibios menu ? not on the game itself ?

Thanks

Yes, only the UniBIOS menu. The game displays properly.
Maybe, as Razoola says, it's caused by the MAME prototype hack (zintrckb.zip), even yet the non-MAME version (zintrkcd.zip) doesn't have any issues.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
yes, zintrkcd does not have the issue because I made that conversion... Proper like.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Yes, exact same glitching! Did you try KoF2003 yet - are you getting sprites broken up badly on the intro - part where the woman in red scrolls from right to left close up.
Yes , for me glitching are throughout the intro , starting around the turning letter .

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I tested a load of games and couldn't get any issues similar to the KoF2003 issue I mentioned earlier. The flickering pixels occurs on a lot of different games though, and is NOT always related to booting from menu. I found turning the system on and off a few times can resolve that flickering pixels issue, which leads me to believe its a clock sync problem, perhaps a PLL not syncing properly to the system clock or something. For example, had the lines really really bad on real bout, switched off and on, lines a little better, swiched off and on, lines bad again, off and on, no lines at all. I tried that with KoF2003 and it made little difference, the sprite corruptions on the red lady on intro range from really bad to quite bad - ie. not possible to get those sprites to display properly at all no matter how you boot, how many times you power cycle etc. I also tried the AES KoF2003 ROM to rule out a ROM corruption and it was exactly the same.