NEOSD MVS Support thread !

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Forget about trying to reproduce the pulstar issue in a emulator like that. There is an outside chance it might happen in MAME but its doubtful. What is really needed is a test with a real Pulstar cart on real hardware.

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
yep,on page 14 is a photo off it.
i cant see it here,will try again.
im playing it right now,but how do you reproduce it?
i have arcade mode in the menu also as yes

Last edited:
yep,on page 14 is a photo off it.
i cant see it here,will try again.
im playing it right now,but how do you reproduce it?
i have arcade mode in the menu also as yes

Just start the game normally - sometimes the stage select is corrupted. If it is not, switch off and back on and try again. Raz said it took him 20 times for this to happen.

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
but my feeling says that if its the game it should be there always.
could it not be that maybe an mv1b react a little bit different with neosd then other revisions.

Last edited:
but my feeling says that if its the game it should be there always.

Yep thats what I think too - but Razoola said in one of his posts that he has a hunch of what this may be and tomorrow he will tell NeoSD. Hopefully tomorrow they can replicate and fix it.
Anyway I guess Raz can tell us why the glitch doesn't always manifest itself?

Last edited:

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
hopefully they fix it,but here cant see the bug.
let me died for more as 15 times,shows as normal here.

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
this is the same as some have on snes with sd2snes and msu1
some revisions of snes react or timing is a fraction different maybe then other revs.

neodev

Neosd Tech
this is the same as some have on snes with sd2snes and msu1
some revisions of snes react or timing is a fraction different maybe then other revs.

I don't think it's a timing issue, as Raz has a different model. Tomorrow I'll try in all the models I own. I'll also check something in the emu, I have some more ideas of what the game might be doing to cause issues (and that wouldn't cause an issue on mame)

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
its a strange problem,but im not have the problem,nor with kof 2003 and metal slug 5,but those are maybe different.

dkarDaGobert

Kuroko's Training Dummy
So the plan for tomorrow is :
a) compile you a firmware to revert your neosd to retail, do the same for Sceptre_JLRB cause he still has the beta firmware aswel.
b) fix 4slot issue, compile a firmware and sent it to dkarDaGobert so he can try it.
c) see if we can reproduce Nostromos issue, and fix it.

especially b) sounds great! i dont have to work today so enough time for testing

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hmmm how come this was never noticed and documented before I came across it? O_O

Hello

Because NEOSD is being deeply examinated looking for flaws (and this is good at all). So things such as this one, no one cared about on original games, i have a feeling about i saw this splited menu back ago on an original game aswel, but i thought this was normal, that the developers wanted to make it look this way.

So far we know that samurai shodown 5 special needs a redump and that there is an undumped version of pulstar out there that may be intended to fix this bug (or not ...). That tells a lot about this situation, cause no one cared to redump those for years, until now.

Thanks

Hello

Because NEOSD is being deeply examinated looking for flaws (and this is good at all). So things such as this one, no one cared about on original games, i have a feeling about i saw this splited menu back ago on an original game aswel, but i thought this was normal, that the developers wanted to make it look this way.

So far we know that samurai shodown 5 special needs a redump and that there is an undumped version of pulstar out there that may be intended to fix this bug (or not ...). That tells a lot about this situation, cause no one cared to redump those for years, until now.

Thanks

So it is 100% a ROM problem with Pulstar?

neosd

Neosd Developer
So it is 100% a ROM problem with Pulstar?
Hello

So far we know that this happens with 161 in 1 and 120 in 1. We need that someone with the original game confirms this is happening there aswel.
NEOSD is totally different to 161 in 1 and 120 in 1, so right now we consider this a game bug at all.

Thanks

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
it should be enough to softreboot and check the stage select a few times? maybe i can test it after work...

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Hi, the replacement cart arrived today (thanks!!!) and just tested over lunch - I've got CRC issues still =/ But... The strange thing is with this cart the graphical glitch that occured in KoF2003 is not present. KoF2003 looks OK, so I am not sure if it does have the 'lines fix' firmware or the latest firmware. I will email you a video so you can see the issue on the new cart - no point in uploading it here its just the same stuff already shown. I will test on the other boards I have soon - still waiting for the damn 27C1024 chips, I might just take the unibios out of my main system later and test with that.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

Email us a picture of the software verstion that it has please.

Thanks

Also, please, dont mix parts from one neosd to another, we dont want to have to ship a third neosd :)
Lets not put more vars to the party :)

EDIT :

Yes, this is the beta firmware, we are going to send you the retail firmware in some minutes.

Hi, the replacement cart arrived today (thanks!!!) and just tested over lunch - I've got CRC issues still =/ But... The strange thing is with this cart the graphical glitch that occured in KoF2003 is not present. KoF2003 looks OK, so I am not sure if it does have the 'lines fix' firmware or the latest firmware. I will email you a video so you can see the issue on the new cart - no point in uploading it here its just the same stuff already shown. I will test on the other boards I have soon - still waiting for the damn 27C1024 chips, I might just take the unibios out of my main system later and test with that.

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Hello,

Email us a picture of the software verstion that it has please.

Thanks

Also, please, dont mix parts from one neosd to another, we dont want to have to ship a third neosd :)
Lets not put more vars to the party :)

Thanks

I've just sent you a video which shows the serial numbers and things at the end of the demo of the problem with CRC. Yes, I won't mix them up - for now I will just put this new cart back into its anti static bag - there's no point in me testing further with that cart I think at this stage. Much appreciate it though and hopefully things will become clearer when I've tested both carts on some other MV1FZ and my 4 slot.

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Thanks ;)

Firmware sent, let us know the results

I've just sent you a video which shows the serial numbers and things at the end of the demo of the problem with CRC. Yes, I won't mix them up - for now I will just put this new cart back into its anti static bag - there's no point in me testing further with that cart I think at this stage. Much appreciate it though and hopefully things will become clearer when I've tested both carts on some other MV1FZ and my 4 slot.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Thanks ;)

Firmware sent, let us know the results
Thanks! That's bricked it for the moment - hopefully another forced FW update might solve that. Just a white bar in the middle of the screen after the update.

EDIT: Tried a few thing suggested and still got the same problem. Hopefully its not perma bricked and a later update might bring it back to life.

Last edited:

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
Thats what I was scared about! But everybody said thats easy fixable.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Thats what I was scared about! But everybody said thats easy fixable.
Yeah, don't let the stuff going on with my cart worry you - we are doing some weird sh** with the carts I am testing lol (ie. test code etc). I am sure the situation this test cart is in at the moment can be resolved, it just takes some time. Normal updates are easy and safe to apply.

Last edited: