NEOSD MVS Support thread !

neodev

Neosd Tech
Ufff, what a relief... I was thinking my NeoSD or, even worse, my MVS itself was going awry. ^_^U

No problem at all with this testing, it'll help tracking the problem. All I can confirm is I'm having those CRC issues ONLY with this beta firmware update (I am a truly CRC-check maniac, and never before had this issue in many MANY CRC checks carried out). The horizontal-lines glitch is gone (as it did with the previous line-fix firmware), but there is no girl-hair KOF2003 glitch. So the latter one could be an issue exclusive from GadgetUK setting.

Glad to be contributing to your testing and problem solving, guys. :) Now, would it be possible to return to the previous firmware, with no CRC issues (and probably SVC Plus2 & Super Plus working properly)?

Thanks!

Yes, don't worry. We'll send you a version that will return it to the previous version (without the fast flashing mode too)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Can someone give me cliff notes on all of the GadgetUK stuffs plz...

Kthx...

xROTx

PS. Just checking in... no need to get worried or anything...:help:

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Yes, don't worry. We'll send you a version that will return it to the previous version (without the fast flashing mode too)

Thank you very much! If you need me to test anything else, just ask for it.

No problem with current 'official' flashing speed, that way I'll have more time for checking NG.com while game loading. ;-)
Hoping the fast flashing will also be in further regular updates, though.

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

It will, fast loading is a separate function that has nothing in comon with our work trying to identify GadgetUK´s issue.

We just compiled this firmware over our current development version, with some changes aiming to see if those made some difference on GadgetUK´s issue.

Fast loading will be avaliable for everyone, among with other things we are working at right now. Once we finish those aditions, we want to release a bigger update with more things than just fast loading, so we only do one big validation work and not two (validating takes a lot of time)

Thanks

Thank you very much! If you need me to test anything else, just ask for it.

No problem with current 'official' flashing speed, that way I'll have more time for checking NG.com while game loading. ;-)
Hoping the fast flashing will also be in further regular updates, though.

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
1) Ithink filters dont work for me, it always loads different game. it works perfect, when i dont use filters.

2) I am on unibios 3.1 and i often get cought in some kind of crash report, when i try to return to the neosd menu. in ms5 it got fixed after removing the card a few seconds, in space baseballs or so, not at all.

3) Currently I cant get out of NAM-1975 ...
I use Adcap mk-30, usb thingy with 360 controller, mv-4f, savemaster, ...
star-a-d just goes to the start screen of the game, boot and holding start, starts the game ...

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
1) Ithink filters dont work for me, it always loads different game. it works perfect, when i dont use filters.

2) I am on unibios 3.1 and i often get cought in some kind of crash report, when i try to return to the neosd menu. in ms5 it got fixed after removing the card a few seconds, in space baseballs or so, not at all.

star-a-d just goes to the start screen of the game, boot and holding start, starts the game ...

Please do several CRC checks on Metal Slug 5. It might give you a NG, which could relate to the exceptions your getting.

Edit: Ignore what I just said, unless you're getting exceptions whilst playing any games.

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello

Allow me to answer point by point :

1) known bug already solved, we still havent released a public firmware update cause we want to release one with more things.

3) put the microsd card on your computer and delete a file called lastgame.cfg, menu will show, this file just saves the name of the last flashed game.

2) Known bug with 4 slots board and unibios, we are investigating it. We know whats causing it thanks to another user (we realized this today). There is a way to avoid it right now : enable arcade mode on neosd menu and remove sd card once game has been flashed. We will deliver a firmware update to fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Edit: sorry, my bad - I didn't read his message properly. If it was only crashing exiting to menu, CRC not going to be related. Tired reading doesn't help!

So yes, "LOL" applies.

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

No, we know what it is :)

It wil be fixed by software update as soon as we have our 4 slots board, it will arrive next week.

Anyways, as more people to perform crc checks the better for us, but we think its a waste of time.

Thanks

If exceptions are occurring it stands to reason it could be P ROM access related. I've had unibios exceptions in MS5, and KOF2003, so right now I would say CRC check is totally logical to do if an exception is occurring on someone's cart.

Last edited:

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
If exceptions are occurring it stands to reason it could be P ROM access related. I've had unibios exceptions in MS5, and KOF2003, so right now I would say CRC check is totally logical to do if an exception is occurring on someone's cart.

I DO suffer frequently from this kind of UniBIOS exception, too, with the CRC-error firmware update. Before, it only happened rarely and generally was solved just by re-starting the MVS or, better, by properly re-inserting the NeoSD.

dkarDaGobert

Kuroko's Training Dummy
2) Known bug with 4 slots board and unibios, we are investigating it. We know whats causing it thanks to another user (we realized this today). There is a way to avoid it right now : enable arcade mode on neosd menu and remove sd card once game has been flashed. We will deliver a firmware update to fix it as soon as possible.
Thanks

if you mean me, you can call my name :p
as neosd said, enable arcade mode and remove the sd after flash works on my mv4f - right now its the only way for me to play games.
otherwise i get a crash report every time either at start or around 10s after a game started.
im really looking forward to get this update - thumps up!

neosd

Neosd Developer
Edit: sorry, my bad - I didn't read his message properly. If it was only crashing exiting to menu, CRC not going to be related. Tired reading doesn't help!

So yes, "LOL" applies.

GatgetUK :P this is really exciting. Hunting bugs, realize whats happening and fix those. Pretty nice feeling when you realize it :)

Thanks to everyone guys, really exciting moments to make this 100% perfect :)

as neosd said, enable arcade mode and remove the sd after flash works on my mv4f - right now its the only way for me to play games.
otherwise i get a crash report every time either at start or around 10s after a game started.

YES !!! you have made us pretty happy today :)
Big Thanks for your time and patience.

Last edited:

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Just to clarify. When I referred to UniBIOS exceptions, I meant during gameplay (maybe the same case GadgetUK was thinking of), not when exiting to NeoSD menu.

Last edited:

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
Its not so bad on my system. the crash report only comes, when i want to start the neosd menu. and not in ever game. and it first happened after doing the first crc.

i am now playing on the 1slot, bo savemaster here, but unkversebios 3.2 :-)

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
GatgetUK :P this is really exciting. Hunting bugs, realize whats happening and fix those. Pretty nice feeling when you realize it :)

I have the same philosphy when it comes to the forum...

xROTx

PS. But unlike Star Trek: The Search For Spock... my Search never ends...

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
Can you add some MEG-view? It showes Genere, dev, year, would be cool to also see the MEG.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot

That's awesome, I will try that tomorrow on my 4 slot and see if a game can boot.

I have the same philosphy when it comes to the forum...

xROTx

PS. But unlike Star Trek: The Search For Spock... my Search never ends...
Haha =D

YES !!! you have made us pretty happy today :)
Big Thanks for your time and patience.

=D Yes, solving the bugs is fun! Being told you are the only person with a bug is not fun lol

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

HEY... Gadget, I'm not a Tech guy...

I just like funstering... also, it just gives me a presence here...

xROTx

PS. I don't need to understand ALL the Tech stuff to keep you guys on your toes:D

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Gadget, don't be to surprised if it still does not work on your 4slot, espicially given your on a beta firmware. In a way its pointless you trying until your put back on a previous firmware version / have replacement neosd given neosd will probably ask you to test things again that youll try now.

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Yes, I figure I might get CRC errors on there too - it will be interesting to see if it boots though. The cart does work for most of the games, despite the CRC issues I get. It's only really when I play for a period of time theres a chance of an exception. It will be re-assuring just to see the behaviour on the 4 slot vs the 1FZ.

Gadget, don't be to surprised if it still does not work on your 4slot, espicially given your on a beta firmware. In a way its pointless you trying until your put back on a previous firmware version / have replacement neosd given neosd will probably ask you to test things again that youll try now.

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
how many times i ever try to get bad crc on ms5,no go,every time i check the crc of it,its all banks ok.
now will try later kof 2003,hat a funeral today of my grandmother.
as i can remember gadget you used also different sdcards,so that could be ruled out as a problem.
if normal games runs fine on your mvs it could only be your neosd.
tried now kof 2003,first-second and third attempt all crc checks seems fine here.

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
how many times i ever try to get bad crc on ms5,no go,every time i check the crc of it,its all banks ok.
now will try later kof 2003,hat a funeral today of my grandmother.
as i can remember gadget you used also different sdcards,so that could be ruled out as a problem.
if normal games runs fine on your mvs it could only be your neosd.
tried now kof 2003,first-second and third attempt all crc checks seems fine here.
Thanks =D Worthwhile test anyway!