NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

compil3r

n00b
New info just released:

Tommo Sets Release Date for NEOGEO X Classics: Volumes I-V, Announces NEOGEO X Mega Pack: Volume I

System Update, New Features, and 15 New Games set to Blossom in June

Los Angeles, CA - May 24, 2013 - Tommo Inc., in partnership with SNK PLAYMORE, today announced a list of new features, fixes, and a release date for NEOGEO X Classics: Volumes I-V, and the NEOGEO X Mega Pack: Volume I, made exclusively for use with the NEOGEO X Handheld entertainment system.

Set to release on set to release on June 25, 2013 across North America, the NEOGEO X Classics series will contain 3 pedigree titles from the NEOGEO library of games, for a total of 15 new titles across all Volumes. And for fans who want it all, Tommo has introduced the NEOGEO X Mega Pack: Volume I. Containing ALL 15 titles from the NEOGEO Classics: Volumes I-V on one game card, and coming packed in a hard, "clam shell" collector case, packed with bonus items for fans and collectors alike, the NEOGEO X Mega Pack: Volume I is the perfect way for fans to build their NEOGEO X game library! As an added bonus, Tommo will also be including the ROCKET CABLE, High-speed Charging Travel Cable, at no additional cost, with the Classics: Volumes I-V and Mega Pack: Volume I.

Full listing of titles that will be contained on NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I-V, and NEOGEO X Mega Pack: Volume I:
Vol I: SENGOKU, METAL SLUG 2, TOP HUNTER: RODDY AND CATHY
Vol II: SAMURAI SHODOWN 3, SAVAGE REIGN, SUPER SIDEKICKS 3
Vol III: THE KING OF FIGHTERS '96, BLAZING STAR, KIZUNA ENCOUNTER
Vol IV: GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES, SHOCK TROOPERS, WORLD HEROES 2 JET
Vol V: THE LAST BLADE, BLUE'S JOURNEY, ART OF FIGHTING 3
**at $25 USD each, at least on amazon pre-order right now**

awordf.jpg

NEOGEO X Mega Pack: Volume I: All 15 Titles included!

2uzdn39.jpg

As part of Tommo's continued support and development of the NEOGEO X, Tommo will also be including NEOGEO X System Update 1.0 with each copy of NEOGEO X Classics: Volumes I-V, and NEOGEO X Mega Pack: Volume I. The hefty system update will apply fixes to audio, control inputs, video enhancements and more! One of the many new features included in NEOGEO X System Update 1.0 is the ability to save game data for existing and upcoming games. For full list of the items included with the NEOGEO X System Update 1.0 please visit:
www.NEOGEOX.com/FAQ.

NEOGEO X Classics: Volumes I-V are now available for pre-order in the United States from amazon.com, gamestop.com, and bestsku.com. Pre-orders for Canada will be opening soon through EB Canada, Future Shop, and Best Buy, with more online retailers for all regions on the way. Please visit www.NEOGEOX.com for the latest info.

Last edited:

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
I'd say the Mega Pack is a no brainer, cool clam shell case aside, at $79.99 vs. $124.95 for the 5 individual cards.

Thanks for the update.

Oh yeah and looks like they really packed in a lot for the system update, including Memory Card support. Nice.

Last edited:

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
I'd say the Mega Pack is a no brainer, cool clam shell case aside, at $79.99 vs. $124.95 for the 5 individual cards.

Thanks for the update.

Oh yeah and looks like they really packed in a lot for the system update, including Memory Card support. Nice.

I'd advise against this personally.. Has Tommo done anything right yet? Why would they start now?
They are preying on your nostalgia.

Also, are they saying you have to buy one of the games in order to get the system fixes?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'd imagine that if they don't do this, everyone will be using the adapter to play the ROMs instead.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I'm fine with buying this. Firmware update should have been free but with that many A+ titles at that price, it's hard to pass it up.

P.S. I'm very happy the shit isn't blister packs anymore.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Tommo should just start selling the adapter themselves.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Any news on the firmware? Have they shown these new games running under the new firmware? I love the idea of this system but the execution at launch was terrible.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
So they are really only making the firmware update available when you pay more money.. And you guys are OK with this?!

I also think they should have either grouped games together, I.E.: Metal Slug 1-4, or better yet sell them by the game. One game per box... Sorta like how it's been with games since the 70's.
They are grouping them in ways that make no sense to collectors or players.

966734_353000951489975_463517939_o.jpg

There is no rhyme or reason to the way they are grouping them.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
They're grouping the more popular titles with the less popular ones to ensure that both gets sold.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
For the Mega Pack, is everything going to be on one card or five?

Superfrick

n00b
Flasher

Can someone pm me in the direction of an alternate flashing tool? I'm having maximum fail on the flasher that was written for windows (usbboottool.exe) and I have drivers for the Ingenic 4770 but the damned thing isn't flashing and I don't have any real troubleshooting tools.

Willing to try a different OS if needed. Some way to see if the X is broken or not would be wonderful :)

so i got an sdcard adapter to fiddle with and am hitting some hangups...are there some games the X just wont play? ive been fbacaching games using a universe bios and it works USUALLY, but there seem to be a few games that even tho fbacache doesnt get any errors, the X farts out on.

so far its been metal slug 4 and 5. bout to test another batch but wondering if its just a file size limit somebody may have discovered at some point and documented

alternatively, if theres an established compatibility list somewhere that i missed in this thread that would be awesome

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Everybody, come on now. You all know the Neo•Geo® X™ handheld comes out of the box ready to play all the games you need. If you get bored you should pick up the Neo•Geo® X™ Mega Pack, if that doesn't satisfy your "Neo needs", I don't know what will.

Let's be honest, this stuff is tricky and you'll probably ruin your beloved Neo•Geo® X™ handheld. This is not how our comp..the manufacture intended it to be used, so you're on your own, should you attempt these questionable modifications.

All the cool kids play it 100% leGit, with official accessories and game packs.

riiiiiight

yeah tested another batch and svc and kof2003 and sshowdown5sv dont run. but oddly enough garou does so i'm stumped

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
riiiiiight

yeah tested another batch and svc and kof2003 and sshowdown5sv dont run. but oddly enough garou does so i'm stumped

Clearly you aren't running officially licensed Neo•Geo® X™ Game Packs - You never know what can happen to your Neo•Geo® X™ handheld when you run questionable content. You can read more about this on the Tommo website, or just give them a call. They would love to help you with finding officially licensed Neo•Geo® X™ Game Packs.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Eduardo, I have to ask, is it really worth the time and effort you're obviously wasting on this colossal pile of shit?