Neo-Geo emu PSP.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I see. Thanks for being patient and answering all my questions...

So, how does a game like, say, Shock Troopers run on it?

BIG

sony fanboy
Aaron D said:
I see. Thanks for being patient and answering all my questions...

So, how does a game like, say, Shock Troopers run on it?

Shocktroopers plays really well w/sound. You'll only notice the slowdown during the first minute or two when the cache is being read. After that,it's pretty much perfect. The same goes for Blazing Star,Pulstar,Breakers,and Ninja Masters.

B-

Ajax

15 Year Member
Anybody here downgrade their PSP from 2.00 to 1.50? It seems pretty safe, but it looks like I'll be getting a 2.00 and I obviously don't want to brick it...

BIG

sony fanboy
Aaron D said:
Anybody here downgrade their PSP from 2.00 to 1.50? It seems pretty safe, but it looks like I'll be getting a 2.00 and I obviously don't want to brick it...

Just remember to keep the AC adaptor plugged in and follow the instructions carefully,and you'll be fine.

B-

Ckd N Lkd

Smoking Gun!,
Aaron D said:

Did my friends new one today it was a 1.51 - I upgraded it to FW 2.6 and then downgraded to 1.5 and it rocks - if you have any ?? please ask

Installed Neo emu and all games
Installed Dev hook with 2.6 updates so he could play new games - goes back to 1.5 after reboot!
installed Mame and about 15 games
installed 4 movies
installed 150 mp3's

Regards,
Jim

Last edited:
i installed neogeo on psp but when i put roms in the directory . they doesnt boot. we have to convert them into other format or what

Ckd N Lkd

Smoking Gun!,
invader2050 said:
i installed neogeo on psp but when i put roms in the directory . they doesnt boot. we have to convert them into other format or what

I would guess you are using neo roms and not Mame roms - do you have the Neo Bios loaded?

yes i tried both roms. mame and neo geo but couldnt get any success. and how to load bios . thank you

Ajax

15 Year Member
TheWorm2 said:
Did my friends new one today it was a 1.51 - I upgraded it to FW 2.6 and then downgraded to 1.5 and it rocks - if you have any ?? please ask

Installed Neo emu and all games
Installed Dev hook with 2.6 updates so he could play new games - goes back to 1.5 after reboot!
installed Mame and about 15 games
installed 4 movies
installed 150 mp3's

Regards,
Jim

Cool. I'll probably take you up on that offer in the near future. ;)

This is the first I've heard of what Dev Hook actually does. That sounds awesome. I'll probably be purchasing a 2.00 from a member here this weekend. Hopefully I get it by the end of next week. This is killing me!

BIG

sony fanboy
Aaron D said:
Cool. I'll probably take you up on that offer in the near future. ;)

This is the first I've heard of what Dev Hook actually does. That sounds awesome. I'll probably be purchasing a 2.00 from a member here this weekend. Hopefully I get it by the end of next week. This is killing me!

Why don't you just downgrade from 2.00 directly to 1.50?

It's much easier and safer plus you won't need the GTA exploit to do it.

B-

Ckd N Lkd

Smoking Gun!,
invader2050 said:
yes i tried both roms. mame and neo geo but couldnt get any success. and how to load bios . thank you
Neo Bios stays zipped and goes inside roms folder

p.s - also added Sega Emu to the above list - all flawlessly and allows instant switching between all the above and even the new umd's!

Last edited:

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Finally tried this emu.

WOW. :multi_co:

It's nice! Especially the older, smaller games - they run perfect,full speed and full framerate with no slowdowns ever. and the sound and music is AMAZING with headphones! The bass is so rich and it's full stereo. Damn it sounds so good, and the games look so good stretched to full screen.

I feel sorry for 2.71 PSP users, you guys are really missing out these days. My good old 1.5 can play all the PSP games now with Devhook, and also NeoGeo games too. :buttrock:

Ckd N Lkd

Smoking Gun!,
Diggerman said:
Finally tried this emu.

WOW. :multi_co:

It's nice! Especially the older, smaller games - they run perfect,full speed and full framerate with no slowdowns ever. and the sound and music is AMAZING with headphones! The bass is so rich and it's full stereo. Damn it sounds so good, and the games look so good stretched to full screen.

I feel sorry for 2.71 PSP users, you guys are really missing out these days. My good old 1.5 can play all the PSP games now with Devhook, and also NeoGeo games too. :buttrock:
\\

The new Dev hook is out and it supports upto FW 2.71!! There is no stopping us now!

Ajax

15 Year Member
149_0750.jpg
:cool:

Ajax

15 Year Member
Anybody try any big games yet? I got Garou and SvC yesterday. Not too great, but playable. It seems to read the cache at the beginning of every round. With a little more work, I think it could run these no problem.

Also, damn... Where be my Last Hope rom. :lolz:

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I'm ready to get some Neo on my PSP. I have 2.6 on the PSP, a copy of GTA, 512 memory stick, and I downloaded down dater to my desktop. I believe all I need are files from a 1.5 user. Someone please walk me through the process from beginning to actually start playing.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Go here:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/

Under downloads, you will find the 1.5 firmware files. You should also find the easy version of the downgrader. It's what I used. Good luck.

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
Whats better about the Neo-Geo emu above the NGCD one from ages back, I have that and it plays '98, Ninja Masters, Neo Turf Masters, Last Resort, Pulstar, Last Blade etc with no problems what so ever.

Obiously theres the non-CD games but still the CD one runs perfect for me and this was back over half a year ago..

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Well the roms are much smaller and you get full music without needing mp3's.

Also I think this runs faster and smoother. Controls seem very responsive too, moreso than I recall on the CD emu. But the CD emu was awesome, I used to use it too.

Both are good.

Ajax

15 Year Member
NEgO MANIAC said:
Anyone? I'm so close and so anxious to getting this done.....:help:

PM theworm2. He offered me help doing this, I bet he would help you too.