Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

Even the japanese are taking advantage of these retro kiddies.

It seem to me that saying "taking advantage" is a too strong. It's like saying 1OZ of gold is a rip-off at $1160 (8/21/15 price) when I bought it for $300 an ounce 15 years ago. Further, most, although not all, of the sellers did not buy their stock years ago, but got it more recently, and paid more than "old school" prices to be it to resell. If I sell a game from Japan on eBay for $500, I probably paid $250 to $300 to get it on Yahoo Japan to get it and then I have eBay fees of 11-15% of the overall value. These guys are making money, but it's hardly a rip off, see for yourself: $500 seller gets by selling item on eBay- $250 item cost - $75 for eBay/Paypal fees = $175 profit. It's a good profit of 35%. Finally, who knows how long it will sit before selling. Prices are what they are for a good reason.

Alternatively, if someone bought their collection in 1996 through 1999 when Neo prices were depressed, and resold today, no one would say a word (e.g. A person buys Metal Slug 1 for $150 during that time and resells it today $3500).

Prices are what they are but there's not taking advantage, at least in my opinion.

It seem to me that saying "taking advantage" is a too strong. It's like saying 1OZ of gold is a rip-off at $1160 (8/21/15 price) when I bought it for $300 an ounce 15 years ago. Further, most, although not all of the sellers did not buy their stock years ago, but got it more recently, and paid more than "old school" prices to be able to resell it. If I sell a game from Japan on eBay for $500, I probably paid $250 to $300 to get it on Yahoo Japan to get it and then I have eBay fees of 11-15% of the overall value. These guys are making money, but it's hardly a rip off, see for yourself: $500 seller gets by selling item on eBay- $250 item cost - $75 for eBay/Paypal fees = $175 profit. It's a good profit of 35%. Finally, who knows how long it will sit before selling.

Alternatively, if someone bought their collection in 1996 through 1999 when Neo prices were depressed, and resold today, no one would say a word (e.g. A person buys Metal Slug 1 for $150 during that time and resells it today $3500).

Prices are what they are but there's no "taking advantage", at least in my opinion.

How does one edit a post?

novorod

n00b

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
It seem to me that saying "taking advantage" is a too strong. It's like saying 1OZ of gold is a rip-off at $1160 (8/21/15 price) when I bought it for $300 an ounce 15 years ago.

That could be a thread on its own: Better investment? Gold or AES carts?