Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Bloody hell, if the guy had of waited and looked about he'd have got it for half the price. Still I bet the sellers pretty chuffed :D

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
I actually quite like the Stakes Winner games, they're good when you feel like playing something a bit different.

Asking $250 without even showing the inside of the cart is a bit cheeky.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The seller already stated that it's a conversion. Why would he need to show the inside? If it's from Neotropolis, then the seller is taking a huge loss selling at ONLY $250. XD

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
The seller already stated that it's a conversion. Why would he need to show the inside?
Because it could be a bootleg full of EPROM's rather than a conversion?

SNKorSWM said:
If it's from Neotropolis, then the seller is taking a huge loss selling at ONLY $250. XD
You've got a point there :lolz:

city41

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
What really sucks is someone has a cart only AES auction for AOF3 right now. Really? someone bought AOF3 for the AES and threw away the case and manual? :(

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
He may or may not even have the item he's listing in possession.

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
What's the point in putting up such auctions - he will not sell a single game with prices like these in a lifetime. :scratch:

Ebay offers free listings occasionally. I've known several sellers that would uplist an item ($399 for UMK3 PCB) and wait for messages from potential buyers complaining the price was too high.....

.... he would then "cut them a deal" for $299 after getting the interest built.

The same methods would be used to probe interest on items he hadn't yet purchased. If there was enough interest, I'd get a random email from him asking if I had item XXXX or a lead on that item because he was going to sell it for double/triple/whatever.....

At one point in time... I think Ebay auctions were automatically sorted by price when listed by registered Ebay Sellers. High prices automatically put their products underneath the "sponsored product" list without having to pay for it. I don't think it's sorted like that anymore, though.

Oh, I missed this the first time around -
He may or may not even have the item he's listing in possession.

That.

Help me understand this one -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dolphin-Blue-7-...ltDomain_0&hash=item3a63783d18#ht_2405wt_1035

It's not quite Neo Geo related, but I don't understand a Mexican Lot of Dolphin Blue.... ?

Last edited:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Ebay offers free listings occasionally. I've known several sellers that would uplist an item ($399 for UMK3 PCB) and wait for messages from potential buyers complaining the price was too high.....

.... he would then "cut them a deal" for $299 after getting the interest built.

The same methods would be used to probe interest on items he hadn't yet purchased. If there was enough interest, I'd get a random email from him asking if I had item XXXX or a lead on that item because he was going to sell it for double/triple/whatever.....

At one point in time... I think Ebay auctions were automatically sorted by price when listed by registered Ebay Sellers. High prices automatically put their products underneath the "sponsored product" list without having to pay for it. I don't think it's sorted like that anymore, though.

Oh, I missed this the first time around -

That.

Help me understand this one -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dolphin-Blue-7-...ltDomain_0&hash=item3a63783d18#ht_2405wt_1035

It's not quite Neo Geo related, but I don't understand a Mexican Lot of Dolphin Blue.... ?

He must mean pesos!