Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member

When people started thinking complete collections were cool and then when enough people did that, that having multiple copies of games made them super cool and somewhere along the line, people also started taking out loans/using credit to buy video games.

Most sellers are now - they've realized that at some point some person will typically pay whatever they ask (look at the MS3 BINs being bought at $1,500 for example). There are only a few that are still reasonable and off the top of my head only one that I can think of that still does a proper $1 start auction. Having said that, my experience in Tokyo a few months ago for stuff was pretty surprising in that supply was really poor and when you found anything in decent condition it was at pretty much ebay prices so it's not like these guys are alone - all the sellers in Japan have figured it out and I'm not sure why anyone's surprised that they don't want to leave money on the table.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The deals are drying up. The last few lifeboats of affordable pricing have already left. Dolla dolla bill ya'll.

Good deals are still steadily out there, but they're less attention-getting, like this beenie example here. Though the startling nonsensical priced item will always remain the celebrity. Oh, well...

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
It seems that anything that isn't a one on one fighter is shooting up in price. I suppose it's because anyone with an AES collection will mostly have fighters and buying anything else seems like a breath of fresh air and gives the collection a bit more variety. I think this is why previously cheap and common games, like Magician Lord, Nam or Alpha Mission 2, are all steadily rising in price.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
It seems that anything that isn't a one on one fighter is shooting up in price. I suppose it's because anyone with an AES collection will mostly have fighters and buying anything else seems like a breath of fresh air and gives the collection a bit more variety. I think this is why previously cheap and common games, like Magician Lord, Nam or Alpha Mission 2, are all steadily rising in price.

NAM is also going up because of the censorship issue. A few years ago, you could get an uncensored NAM for easily under $50. Now people are treating uncensored carts as uncommon/quasi-rare. MVS version is going up too because it's an early title that is not on the 161.

xorthen

Banned
You would have to be a retard to spend that much money on a piece of paper. I would rather print my own damn cover and spare the $300 headache.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
NAM is also going up because of the censorship issue. A few years ago, you could get an uncensored NAM for easily under $50. Now people are treating uncensored carts as uncommon/quasi-rare. MVS version is going up too because it's an early title that is not on the 161.

How much are ppl typically asking for uncensored nams?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I think Yaton's neighbor is selling some kits on EBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Last-resort-neo-geo-mvs-kit-/331664842718?hash=item4d38c3dfde

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Last edited:

city41

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
10 Year Member
Wonder how many diseases that 2020 baseball is carrying.