Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
People are crazy these days.

Yeah, a buddy once told me that his dad would place absurdly high bids on auctions last minute, just to ensure he would win. I'm talking like $1000+ for a $100 item -- most of the time he'd get the item for the ~$100 price, but occasionally someone else would do the same thing or similar and he'd be stuck with a $900+ loss for no reason. I can't understand the mentality of people like that.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Why paying for this when an AV Famicom + NESRGB mod + NES to Famicom converter is less expensive and exactly the same experience? (plus expanded audio)

People are crazy these days.

Dat NES cartridge.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Yeah, a buddy once told me that his dad would place absurdly high bids on auctions last minute, just to ensure he would win. I'm talking like $1000+ for a $100 item -- most of the time he'd get the item for the ~$100 price, but occasionally someone else would do the same thing or similar and he'd be stuck with a $900+ loss for no reason. I can't understand the mentality of people like that.

Whether he actually pays $900 for a $100 item is the question.

JasonToddLives

Armored Scrum Object

Some people just have to win, if you can call it that at that point.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Stupid just stupid lol!!!

I know this may sound ridiculous but one thing that puts me off the NG-DEV games is the fact that they use an AES logo on the spine and front cover instead of the neo geo logo. I don't want to mess up the look of my shelf and its the same with dog tag. Stupid I know :-J

Maybe the Neo Geo logo still has copyrights on it and therefore is illegal/too expensive for NGDev to use it? That might explain why Neobitz releases (Kinght's chance) also miss that logo.

Regards.

Last edited:

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
Maybe the Neo Geo logo still has copyrights on it and therefore is illegal/too expensive for NGDev to use it? That might explain why Neobitz releases (Kinght's chance) also miss that logo.

Regards.

That could be the case which is a shame.

I would be tempted by an indie developer game if they actually made something I wanted that wasn't another shooter, puzzle or turrican clone.

I can't believe somebody actually bought this. LOL at the shipping, must be via carrier pigeon. And really you can't be bothered to post more then one picture when selling something like that! I give him credit on the 3D printed case, but then he uses a cheap toggle switch. All I can say is if you are paying these kind of prices, then you have to much money to waste.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Consolized-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
And really you can't be bothered to post more then one picture when selling something like that!
scroll down, pics are in the description.

But yeah, why anyone would buy at that price is beyond me as well.

Hodor

Cheng's Errand Boy
I can't believe somebody actually bought this. LOL at the shipping, must be via carrier pigeon. And really you can't be bothered to post more then one picture when selling something like that! I give him credit on the 3D printed case, but then he uses a cheap toggle switch. All I can say is if you are paying these kind of prices, then you have to much money to waste.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Consolized-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Ebay has stopped surprising me long time ago. Too many people paying stupid prices on and on.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
and those units don't even have RGB output...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

That isn't a 3D printed case, it's made by Bud Industries. I've used that case before to make a CMVS for someone but I didn't really care for the enclosure very much, looked too "Jaguarish" to me.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
That isn't a 3D printed case, it's made by Bud Industries. I've used that case before to make a CMVS for someone but I didn't really care for the enclosure very much, looked too "Jaguarish" to me.

I see where you're coming from, but I actually think it looks rather nice. Probably the closest to a real console look than many of the others while not trying to copy the aes shape and style.