NEO GEO Christmas Easter Eggs

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
01ev7tB.jpg

yobrewster

n00b
Hi, you need to replace the P1, V1, C1, C2 chips with 4 x M27C800 eproms, the S1 chip with a M27C1000 eprom and the M1 chip with a M27C1001 eprom. The eproms can be programmed with a regular eprom programmer which supports 42 pins and the given eprom type (my programmer is a WELLON VP 280B).

I use for my dev stuff the boards NEO-MVS PROGGSC and NEO MVS CHA42G-3B (Samurai Shodown 1) but you could use any board set of the older SNK games without an encryption chip (NEO-CMC). If you use a different board set than mine you may have to change the jumper settings according to the rom size.

Here is a pic of my board set (ignore the second V2 chip):

View attachment 30860

For some weird reason I don't seem to have permission to look at any images yet but that's interesting, I didn't know you could create your own MVS carts. Can you provide a link with more info on that? I would love to create my own games for my Neo Geo cab!

davidjv

n00b
Last blade easter eggs mini game

fatal fury special unused sprites

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This thread is turning out awesome, sometimes a thread blossoms, this one just did...

Them Fatal Fury Special video was crazy Oli!
Ballzdeep...right click!

Haha I just meant that I wish I was pondering things like game easter eggs for Xmas rather than wondering when I'll ever get my Neo-Geo running again. Sorry to be a thread-sinker.