Neo Geo CD Universe Bios 3.2 Released!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
pc2neo is separate and you don't have to build it into the neogeo system, you will need to contact mikew though as he makes them.

Raz

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
pc2neo is separate and you don't have to build it into the neogeo system, you will need to contact mikew though as he makes them.

Raz

well I gave your chip and my machine to a shop to get it installed professionally yesterday and hope to get it all back next month

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I guess they will use a biosmasta?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Ok, I hope they know what they are doing. Cause if its not shielded correctly it may not be stable.

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
They really use a CD Bios Masta from Brian. Having it in a socket for easy upgrade is important also.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
You want to make sure the eprom isnt close to the CD Drive. It will cause the games error out during loading or have glitchy graphics when playing. If the eprom is outside of the shielding you will want to put some copper foil between the drive and eprom.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Following NTM's guide for the install is the "only" and best way to get the CD Bios installed. It's really quite easy. I used black tape to seal the shielding from the bottom of the Eprom PCB. I really liked the CDZ Bios screen and the ability to play all my games with the UniBios features. If My MVS every blows, I still have my Neo Geo CD.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Would it be possible to have scores and options settings saved for games that lack it?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
What games and options are you talking about?

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Early titles, but many newer ones as well. I think they mostly save position only.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
You have lost me now because the unibios has supported highscore saving for a few versions already.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Oh, so you mean unibios for neocd saves all scores in the same way as mvs/aes version when using a memory card?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
My bad, I did not realise this is the CD unibios thread, now your making sense and I was talking nonsence. The CD unibios does not yet support game saving like the MVS/AES version so it only saves the game position like an original CD bios. highscore saving is planned in a future version.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
No but I guess there is no reason why NTM could not increase the memorycard size on the CD system like he does with the MVS

Raz

CHAOS 0187

n00b
I would like to purchase the unibios and install on my Neo CD Front Loader but I can't seem to find any instructions for the install online anywhere. Any help with pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I would like to purchase the unibios and install on my Neo CD Front Loader but I can't seem to find any instructions for the install online anywhere. Any help with pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

All you have to do is remove the existing bios and install a socket. There is no easy plug-in adapter like the toploader + NBM.