Neo Geo CD Universe Bios 3.2 Released!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Great,

Finally great to see some pictures of installs arriving. How are you finding the bios itself so far?

Raz

TeamShake

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Its great so far. Only had a chance to try a couple games. Used some cheats and that worked well. Was also nice that I could remove my ugly region switch as it was no longer needed.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
I'd totally love to get UniBios for my front loader....... unfortunately I am so bad at those things (soldering, etc) that I would end up by breaking my system... :annoyed:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
you just need to find someone who will solder in a socket for you.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
No it is not due to the RAM limits, you are limited to the small games only.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
There is no list of cheats but I guess you have seen the MVS version of the unibios yes? You will see the same AOF / FF cheats in the CD version.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
There is no list of cheats but I guess you have seen the MVS version of the unibios yes? You will see the same AOF / FF cheats in the CD version.

No I haven't to be honest, is there a link where I can see a screen shot?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I had a weird situation happening on my CD system with Viewpoint when doing some PC2NEO testing. After 30 minutes of looking into it I managed to find the cause of the problem so it can be fixed. This is what I found...

In the CD version of Viewpoint you can use the patch memory option and do the following patches.

0xFF to 0x03FFFE
0xFF to 0x03FFFF

Once you do these patches and exit the ingame menu it will be hard to get back into the ingame menu until the system is reset, however you can do this instead.

Hold down start and press select, it will say 'PAUSE' in the top right corner of the screen. Now release the buttons and move the joystick down. You will be greeted with a debug menu where you can do some nice things.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• 0001.png
    0001.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 0002.png
    0002.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 161

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Is the console test menu you found still available with unibios? Can you tell what it does?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
its on CD version only. For MVS/AES youll need to burn new ROMs.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
No. Your questions are not precise enough and don't give enough information. I took I you were talking about viewpoint. The menu with that is for the CD system and yes you can do it with the CD unibios version.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes its possible but not implemented at this time. You can however use the patch engine to change softdips as required.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Bloody hell, had all kinds of stupid and not so stupid problems like dirty eprom legs etc with this, but I just got unibios running on CDZ!

It was difficult, but I mostly did it while drunk and half of it while we were having the meeting, so it's definitely doable.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Great stuff, have you decided yet how you are going to place it within the casing?

Raz

miisalo

Astra Superstar
I measured that is should just fit next to battery, like this:

15808863513_86a4cf7c30_z.jpg

I still have extra socket attached to the eprom so I can more easily free the chip without bending the pins, but seems to fit with it too.

Edit: If I ever do this again (RockstarRunner, ready for the mod?), I'll use two 20 conductors ribbon cables or partly split 40 conductors cable and make pcb for the eprom with a connector. Hardest part was to solder those wires to the protoboard :D

Last edited:

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Hi Miisalo,

I'm not certain if it would fit in a CDZ but Brian Hargrove does make a NeoBiosMasta for this purpose. The CD reader was dead on mine so I didn't look too deeply into placement but mine looks like this:

cdz_pc2neo.png

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I had a weird situation happening on my CD system with Viewpoint when doing some PC2NEO testing. After 30 minutes of looking into it I managed to find the cause of the problem so it can be fixed. This is what I found...

In the CD version of Viewpoint you can use the patch memory option and do the following patches.

0xFF to 0x03FFFE
0xFF to 0x03FFFF

Once you do these patches and exit the ingame menu it will be hard to get back into the ingame menu until the system is reset, however you can do this instead.

Hold down start and press select, it will say 'PAUSE' in the top right corner of the screen. Now release the buttons and move the joystick down. You will be greeted with a debug menu where you can do some nice things.

Enjoy.

HI Raz, thanks for sharing, I have a question.

Viewpoint has well known bugs, i.e. some related to auto fire in certain situations.
Mostly, they are related to bonus items appearing under certain conditions.

Is it possible to debug the game and better understand how to trigger these items?

..or in general, what you discovered, may help understanding the game bugs?

Thanks!

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I guess that's possible but I don't have much free time at the moment to look into it.

Raz