NCI found Warlocks of Fate!!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm afraid not. They published in FB that the artworks for Andro Dunos CD would be ready in september... no more to say.
I'm starting to think that they just found one proto: B2B. TotC was made from magazine pics and they have no more so they dissappeared forever. Andro Dunos CD is just crap, just a port, not anything new.

It's funny that people don't realize that Totc was made from scratch using the magazine pics. They sold 200 carts?

I was happy with B2B as it was a great find I think. It really added to the Neo library, Totc didn't. I wish someone found an actual proto of totc to put things to rest and put out the correct game.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
It's funny that people don't realize that Totc was made from scratch using the magazine pics. They sold 200 carts?

I was happy with B2B as it was a great find I think. It really added to the Neo library, Totc didn't. I wish someone found an actual proto of totc to put things to rest and put out the correct game.

Do you remember when we dreamed about NCI and Last Oddysey?

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Maybe it's time for Tonk to make his fabled return, all the new NGX people won't know anything about him so it'll be a fresh start to one section of the forum.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I still want LO.

As everyone ;). I have mixed feelings about NCI.
One point I still think about is another titles they said they had, e.g. Lost Star. From where came that name? Can anyone confirm that project ever existed?
Were they going to do the same with QP as they made with TotC, or maybe they really had for years an unfinished proto?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Mandarake trolled NCI pretty good with that not-for-sale display copy of WotF.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Mandarake trolled NCI pretty good with that not-for-sale display copy of WotF.

LOL, Mandarake doesn't have shit. That's a fucking Fatal Fury cart they printed out a fake insert and label for and we all know it.

4lom

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
LOL, Mandarake doesn't have shit. That's a fucking Fatal Fury cart they printed out a fake insert and label for and we all know it.

It's still sitting at Mandarake Galaxy, and it does look fake. Anyone in he area should check it out. And try to get a pic without being busted.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Best way to do it is mob style. ~20 people enter the store at one time and overwhelm the staff.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
if it was real at all, I can think of some people that would have verified it already.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
if it was real at all, I can think of some people that would have verified it already.

The fact that they didn't want to sell it for $20k makes me believe it's fake. Most likely an AOF cart. I would have dumped it then sold it since it's not like it had anything original on it. Maybe I will list one on my site for sale for like $15k just for kicks, hmm maybe all protos that haven't been made public.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

This. As far as I'm concerned it's a fake and will always will be. Refusing to post videos of the game running is the 1st sign that I caught to this not even being close to real.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
This. As far as I'm concerned it's a fake and will always will be. Refusing to post videos of the game running is the 1st sign that I caught to this not even being close to real.

I wish I could dismiss this just as easily as you can. But being the optimist that I am when it comes to this subject, I just cannot get myself to do it.

I think I may have already said this before, but the biggest problem is the communication barrier. Well, it is the trifecta really. The communications barrier, mixed with the overseas / long distance barrier, mixed with the Japanese culture barrier. It just blends together to create this clusterfuck of an untenable situation. If this was some store here in the states, the game would have already been plugged in and tested at the store; if not by me personally, then by someone else here on these boards. And I mean 99% GUARANTEED on this. Here in America, money talks and bullshit walks. Nobody turns down big cash for 2 minutes of your time. And even failing that, (which is extremely doubtfull given the average game store owners and employees in the USA) plan B would then absolutely work no matter what, as in 100%, which would of course have been the "smash & grab" concept. That item would have a shelf life of a few hours in this country sitting in a glass case.

So unfortunately, all we have is what we have.
I now have a collection of 3 completely different pics of the game in the case at that store taken by different people over the course of the past year. The game has sat in the same position for all 3 pics. (in other words, nobody has even moved it, not even after hours or by employees to reorganize the other items in the case, etc.) what does that tell you? I don't know, you tell me? As for it "looking fake", guys, that never means anything. The cup of Christ was not some amazing jewel encrusted chalice or golden goblet. It was a freakin' carpenter's cup. Most, if not all protos for all systems that I have ever seen are almost always ugly ass sub standard looking items in horrible condition with type writer sticky labels or hand written notes, etc. Of course the art looks "hand drawn" or "photocopied" or crappy quality materials, etc. Whether fake or real, it would appear fake anyhow because of that. As far as whether the rom data on that cartridge is art of fighting or the actual real game, well nobody knows for 100% sure. Again, not yet anyway.

I agree, as the months have passed, it has become lost and forgotten and it has also become harder and harder to remain optimistic about this lead. But the reality of it is, nobody here has aggressively pursued this lead. And believe me when I tell you, THAT is when something happens. I cannot speak for others here, but for me it is just too far away, and it is not valuable enough to warrant the time & money to pursue it. Also the game itself is not "as exciting" as other missing titles in the catalog.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
shit mang i love block posts especially if they're ABOUT FUCKING NOTHING

The cup of Christ was not some amazing jewel encrusted chalice or golden goblet.

It was probably made with Post-it notes.

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
The cup of Christ was not some amazing jewel encrusted chalice or golden goblet.
lol cup of christ

they don't have shit

btw guys I found Last Odyssey, NOT FOR SALE

IWb0Sru.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I wish I could dismiss this just as easily as you can. But being the optimist that I am when it comes to this subject, I just cannot get myself to do it.

I think I may have already said this before, but the biggest problem is the communication barrier. Well, it is the trifecta really. The communications barrier, mixed with the overseas / long distance barrier, mixed with the Japanese culture barrier. It just blends together to create this clusterfuck of an untenable situation. If this was some store here in the states, the game would have already been plugged in and tested at the store; if not by me personally, then by someone else here on these boards. And I mean 99% GUARANTEED on this. Here in America, money talks and bullshit walks. Nobody turns down big cash for 2 minutes of your time. And even failing that, (which is extremely doubtfull given the average game store owners and employees in the USA) plan B would then absolutely work no matter what, as in 100%, which would of course have been the "smash & grab" concept. That item would have a shelf life of a few hours in this country sitting in a glass case.

So unfortunately, all we have is what we have.
I now have a collection of 3 completely different pics of the game in the case at that store taken by different people over the course of the past year. The game has sat in the same position for all 3 pics. (in other words, nobody has even moved it, not even after hours or by employees to reorganize the other items in the case, etc.) what does that tell you? I don't know, you tell me? As for it "looking fake", guys, that never means anything. The cup of Christ was not some amazing jewel encrusted chalice or golden goblet. It was a freakin' carpenter's cup. Most, if not all protos for all systems that I have ever seen are almost always ugly ass sub standard looking items in horrible condition with type writer sticky labels or hand written notes, etc. Of course the art looks "hand drawn" or "photocopied" or crappy quality materials, etc. Whether fake or real, it would appear fake anyhow because of that. As far as whether the rom data on that cartridge is art of fighting or the actual real game, well nobody knows for 100% sure. Again, not yet anyway.

I agree, as the months have passed, it has become lost and forgotten and it has also become harder and harder to remain optimistic about this lead. But the reality of it is, nobody here has aggressively pursued this lead. And believe me when I tell you, THAT is when something happens. I cannot speak for others here, but for me it is just too far away, and it is not valuable enough to warrant the time & money to pursue it. Also the game itself is not "as exciting" as other missing titles in the catalog.

I would love to see a real WotF - not hat interested in owning it, but just knowing about it is cool, from a history standpoint. And it's possible that Laurent could come across it. But I don't think he has. Laurent needs the attention too much not to flaunt that in everyone's face. Chances are, NCI was trying to smoke out the real proto.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I hope it's found too, but I don't believe for a second Mandarake has it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I just hope NCI isn't trying to make a fake proto again. I can't believe people bought into Totc. It would have been fine if they named it something else as some of us know that game was built from scratch using screen shots from a magazine and no real proto exists(in their hands).

4lom

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Of course the art looks "hand drawn" or "photocopied" or crappy quality materials, etc. Whether fake or real, it would appear fake anyhow because of that. As far as whether the rom data on that cartridge is art of fighting or the actual real game, well nobody knows for 100% sure.

I understand most protos have bad labels, but why have an insert and a box with it? Doesn't make sense, and as of Feb 10 of this year, the game is still sitting there along with other sought after games for other systems. If I had serious cash I might have tried, but as you mentioned, when they say not for sale, they usually mean it.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
If I had serious cash I might have tried, but as you mentioned, when they say not for sale, they usually mean it.

Well, the item itself (whether real or not) sits in the case at the store attracting people to come in and see it. Those people subsequently spend money while they are at the store. So it serves as an advertising or marketing gimmick if you will for them.

So which of the following two stupid scenarios seems more likely to be true?

The item is "not for sale" because it was "loaned" to the store for "a few months" as NCI reported on Facebook, (which last time I checked a few months means 3 or 4 maybe, perhaps, 5 or 6, but certainly not a fuckin' year)

OR:

The item is "not for sale" because it is a 100% completely fake item which therefore nobody would buy anyway and they know this very well, but they concocted this scheme to get attention and free publicity and perhaps increase sales at the store.

Either scenario results in a dead end, at least to the majority of the people around here.