NCI found Warlocks of Fate!!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Since the reveal is today, let's get back on track as to where this fucking game is. I hope all this PS2 drama bought NCI enough time to actually get this game.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Well obviously all the roms for Bang Bead are already out there, so I don't see why there would be any reason to get a proto of it. It's all already made. I wouldn't be surprised if what they released was just a conversion. Since they apparently got Bang2 Busters officially licensed by Visco, I guess what they're releasing basically amounts to an officially licensed conversion.

Not sure if this is on-topic, but I just realized Bang Bead uses a CHAFIO board (along with a PROGBK1). That PCB type is only used in much later releases (post-2000). If NCI is using donor carts for Bang Bead AES, I can only imagine the games they'd sacrifice to get that CHAFIO board... That is unless Band Bead can make do with a less advanced CHA board. I hope that's the case. No more cart saccing!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It depends on how they are going to produce them. I think Bang Bead has internal S rom data merged into the C roms which is how the FIO is. It also uses 2 x 64mbit C roms. If they are using eproms to make these games, they will obviously be using 4 x 322s and if they know what they are doing they can extract a proper S-rom and use cheaper board sets.

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
Not sure if this is on-topic, but I just realized Bang Bead uses a CHAFIO board (along with a PROGBK1). That PCB type is only used in much later releases (post-2000). If NCI is using donor carts for Bang Bead AES, I can only imagine the games they'd sacrifice to get that CHAFIO board... That is unless Band Bead can make do with a less advanced CHA board. I hope that's the case. No more cart saccing!

They will just use the unencrypted dump from MAME (If MAME is still using the unencrypted dumps, but even if they are not, they used to and they are out there)

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
No more updates on this ?
Is NCI going to release Warlocks of Fate, or is this FAKE ?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Is it still on display in Mandarake? Or has TonK already pulled off the smash & grab heist? XD

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Is that Tonk's entrance back on the site? He comes in, apologizes for the shit-storm, and hands over the ROMs of Warlocks of the Fate? Oh man, that would be a hell of day.

Also, who really has/had Last Odyssey? The last few videos and screen shots were clearly from an emulator. OK, so people are saying Chris doesn't have it. Chris is saying he has it but it was turned down by MAME because they added a NGF text to the screen (odd that MAME would care with the huge amount of bootlegs and other shit they support.... really odd). OK, Chris has it or doesn't, but the point is SOMEONE does and I'd really love to see it come out.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Xacrow has it. Funny thing is that his first name seems to be Mike. :kekeke:

I love-love Pinball FX2 on the 360. I would literally kill to have Last Odyssey on my cab. OK, I wouldn't kill, but it would be a great cart to have.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Right, he hands over the ROM and is then promptly extradited to Japan for the burglary sentence. And in Japan, the sentence of burglary isn't jail time, it's caning.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Pinball FX2 does rock pretty hard, its true.

aria

Former Moderator
Some of these kookier collectors like Xacrow are going to end up having confusing estate sales where the people running them will have no idea what they're looking at.

Zonks678

n00b
It would be nice to see this game on home cartridge if it surfaces. It seems to be a bit different from other fighters on the Neo Geo because the power bar is on the bottom of the screen. I haven't seen much of it but the graphics appear to be on par with Kabuki Klash. I believe the game weighs in at 202 megs (like Kabuki Klash). I guess they could sacrifice some Samurai Spirits 2 games to make a batch of shall we say 50 copies...

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
OK, I wouldn't kill, but it would be a great cart to have.
same. from what i've seen, it could become one of my favourite games on the neo geo.

i never heard of pinball fx2. i'll have to look that up. good excuse for dusting off my 360, i guess.
so far my favourite pinball game was digital pinball on the saturn. honorable mention goes to that metroid prime one on the nintendo ds.

SSS

neo retired
NCI is now instead working on an original proto entitled: Doorlocks Debate

An amusing quiz chibi style game centering around the history and product features from various hard hitters in the home security industry. Schlage, Kwikset, masterlock etc...

And for all the rabid neo fans out there, you can be sure there will be a neo cd version as well. With an original music score on a my first Casio purchased secondhand from goodwill.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That's if they have any idea how Pair Pair Wars is supposed to play like in the first place. Worst thing they can do is to make 200 carts and then someone with that proto comes out and says it's not even close.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
That's if they have any idea how Pair Pair Wars is supposed to play like in the first place. Worst thing they can do is to make 200 carts and then someone with that proto comes out and says it's not even close.

That should have happened with TotC.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Any news on....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! <snort!>

Sorry, I couldn't even finish typing.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Almost 6 months later after the scheduled reveal, nothing.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Does NCI even exist anymore?

I'm afraid not. They published in FB that the artworks for Andro Dunos CD would be ready in september... no more to say.
I'm starting to think that they just found one proto: B2B. TotC was made from magazine pics and they have no more so they dissappeared forever. Andro Dunos CD is just crap, just a port, not anything new.