N-G.com beatmania players thread

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
qube said:
Cheap my ass, I've spent a freaking small fortune :eek:
Yeah, these new kids have got it so easy. I remember spending $90 for a used controller back when they were out of print and Konami was working on creating the new ones with the new Konami logo. Blah, when I got my 3rd game (8th), I had already spent $300+...

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Well, shit.
upiidxceekwithoutaswapdiskforapaddl.jpg

I need to buy that swap disc and ghost switch pronto.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I just ordered the swap discs and ghost switch for $25 shipped from clearxbox.com so it should be a matter of days before I'm playing my first "real" IIDX games.

Still waiting for that controller to arrive btw.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Is there a website up that has a pictures of all the characters from IIDX? Or better yet a character guide that has pictures?

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
There was a picture that had most of the IIDX characters posing (Which someone edited to include everyone's names), but I can't find it (Maybe BBH has it).

I have the Happy Sky result screens in my Photobucket, so check them out here:
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/djAZUL/?start=60

For character info (no pictures), check out ROOTS26:
http://sacredchao.net/~arashi/iidx/

EDIT: Blah, it's not the one with the added names but:
IIDX_Group.jpg

It has most of the IIDX charcaters.

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
My controller was mailed out on Friday and my swap discs on Monday, and they're still not here. If they're not here on Saturday I'm gonna be sad.

And I changed my DJ name on VJA to my high score name I use for DDR, so now I'm DJ VDVW (flip it upside-down). Also on VJA I've found a rival with the same styles I have, and it's been a good motivator to have a rival who is very close to my skill level.

I can't wait to play 9th and RED! And all 3 of my styles on Doubles! AAUGH PLEASE MR MAILMAN DELIVER MY STUFF ON SATURDAY

edit: BTW I have two AA's (and these are real japanese AA's): 5.1.1 [L7] and First Day [7Key].

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
I'm not surprised that your swap magic stuff still isn't here. Those kind of people usually take forever to ship and usually choose cheap ass shipping. Where did you order it from anyways? Should have ordered it from ps2fliptop.net instead.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
I'm not surprised that your swap magic stuff still isn't here. Those kind of people usually take forever to ship and usually choose cheap ass shipping. Where did you order it from anyways? Should have ordered it from ps2fliptop.net instead.
I ordered it from clearxbox.com.

BTW I somehow passed this one just now:
TV2006072909404100.jpg

LOL, BORDER BONUS!

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
The majority of modchip places take forever to ship. Hopefully you'll get yours soon, but I've seen many people's orders take nearly a month to arrive.

BTW, you don't have to take so many screen caps for everything you do. You should get in the habit of just typing them out like everybody does in Accomplishment threads:

"Border clear in my eyes[L7]"

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
The majority of modchip places take forever to ship. Hopefully you'll get yours soon, but I've seen many people's orders take nearly a month to arrive.

BTW, you don't have to take so many screen caps for everything you do. You should get in the habit of just typing them out like everybody does in Accomplishment threads:

"Border clear in my eyes[L7]"
SHIT, if this thing takes a month, I won't get it before I leave for college. I'm gonna call them. EDIT: I did and they're not open.

No one's stopping me from taking my screenshots! NEV4R!

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
So...how's IIDX treating you? I'm bored as hell over here (Waiting eagerly for my Genesis) and I've got nothing to do (And it's only 8:32 a.m. here...damn).

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
So...how's IIDX treating you? I'm bored as hell over here (Waiting eagerly for my Genesis) and I've got nothing to do (And it's only 8:32 a.m. here...damn).
Today I cleared era nostalmix on beginner, which was REALLY bugging me, since it was the only beginner I hadn't cleared. I also failed Bad Boy Bass with around 78% (it was one bar under the red :( ) when I just played. The ending is getting easier, so I think that means I'm improving.

I really hope I can find some fellow beatmania players at college. I guess if all else fails I can join their anime club and try to convert some of their members.

The Genesis is a kickass system. Know what game surprised me a lot for it? Viewpoint. I expected it to be a sucky port, but it looks almost the exact same as the Neo version; the sound is worse and the levels are shortened but it's a really good port. I was actually playing SSF2 last night on it with the 6 button Sega arcade stick (which isn't that great of a stick, actually), and it was great fun.

BTW I saw your post on GP32X about the HD 201's (I'm AdamK there; I would be DanAdamKOF but fucking AOL ate the confirmation e-mail). I might actually get a pair of those since my HD 202's got sort of blown out when I wanted to show my friends how loud they go. Not my brightest moment. They still work but you can tell they aren't sounding as good as they should.

EDIT: BTW the first song I'm gonna play is Rislim Remix, and I'm gonna do it late at night as well. It'll be special.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Cool, I didn't know you were on the GP32x forums.

Check out Brightness Darkness as well. That turned out to be 9th Style's Rislim -Remix-, so to speak. I discovered that Rislim -Remix- doesn't translate very well directly to IIDX, and that the experience rests solely in the music. If you're looking for a similar experienece in the actual game itself, check out Brightness Darkness (Though I'm not sure if you're good enough to appreciate it though since the fun charts are the 7K and the Another).

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
Cool, I didn't know you were on the GP32x forums.

Check out Brightness Darkness as well. That turned out to be 9th Style's Rislim -Remix-, so to speak. I discovered that Rislim -Remix- doesn't translate very well directly to IIDX, and that the experience rests solely in the music. If you're looking for a similar experienece in the actual game itself, check out Brightness Darkness (Though I'm not sure if you're good enough to appreciate it though since the fun charts are the 7K and the Another).
Speaking of Rislim Remix, it's becoming one of my favorite Stepmania charts (WipEout's 7-foot Challenge version that is).

Hey gotenks you're a SM player too. Do you know if the GameStop-brand mats that are made to work with the PS2 and another system are compatible with most PS2->USB converters? I've heard bad stories about multisystem mats so I haven't exchanged my worn out Beat Pad for one of those, since I don't want to waste my warranty on a mat I can't use.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Bah, I've been out of the DDR and dance pad scene for years. I only casually play Stepmania now and I only play with fingers anyways. I forget what the issue was between pads and adapters (I thought that the issue resided in the adapter and the not the pad itself?), so I don't know what to tell you. Though it's probably a cheap pad, so I would normally check it out since it wouldn't be too much money (Though that's coming from someone who bought a CobaltFlux...).

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
Bah, I've been out of the DDR and dance pad scene for years. I only casually play Stepmania now and I only play with fingers anyways. I forget what the issue was between pads and adapters (I thought that the issue resided in the adapter and the not the pad itself?), so I don't know what to tell you. Though it's probably a cheap pad, so I would normally check it out since it wouldn't be too much money (Though that's coming from someone who bought a CobaltFlux...).
If you're so out of the scene I'll might buy your CF if you're looking to get rid of it.

EDIT: What the fuck is with my grammar today!?

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
DanAdamKOF said:
If you're so out of the scene I'll might buy your CF if you're looking to get rid of it.
It's been having on and off problems, so I doubt you'd be interested (It seems it only works perfectly if you stay out of the center panel).

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
It's been having on and off problems, so I doubt you'd be interested (It seems it only works perfectly if you stay out of the center panel).
Doesn't CF have a lifetime warranty though?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Hey, BTW, I've been wondering this, in IIDX, what exactly is that flashing bar above your percentage for?

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
DanAdamKOF said:
Doesn't CF have a lifetime warranty though?
HAHAHA, CF customer service sucks. I'm not sure what the hell kind of service they have now, but when I bought mine they still had the standard 6 month warranty deal (Which is only helpful when getting replacement C-Boxes; if there's something wrong with the pad you get no extra service whether your warranty is still active or not). I purchased mine back in 2003, so I don't know what extra warranty stuff they've added since then (And I don't think it'd apply to my pad).

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
DanAdamKOF said:
Hey, BTW, I've been wondering this, in IIDX, what exactly is that flashing bar above your percentage for?
It starts flashing when your % raises. When your % is at 100, it stays flashing all the time.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
It starts flashing when your % raises. When your % is at 100, it stays flashing all the time.
Gotcha. Seeing as I play mostly L7, it looked like it almost flashed on the beat, but not exactly, and it was boggling my mind why it would only flash on the beat sometimes but not all the time.