N-G.com beatmania players thread

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I would buy them while they're cheap. That's just me though.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
qube said:
I would buy them while they're cheap. That's just me though.
Yep! I'm probably gonna do that later tonight, but the wait will be a killer. Oh well

BTW anyone have a play asia coupon?

Last edited:

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
DanAdamKOF said:
Yep! I'm probably gonna do that later tonight, but the wait will be a killer. Oh well

BTW anyone have a play asia coupon?

Yeah, I do. I'll PM it to you later :)

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Dude, just fucking mod your current PS2. What is your brother so worried about that he doesn't want an opportunity to play imports and "back-ups"? I say pound the idea into him until he complies since it's the most practical way for you to get into imports as of this moment (Rather than buying ANOTHER PS2 and then still having to buy the SMDs and the IIDX games themselves...). Seriously, don't let that bitch stop you. If he still won't comply, offer him 10 bucks or something.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
Dude, just fucking mod your current PS2. What is your brother so worried about that he doesn't want an opportunity to play imports and "back-ups"? I say pound the idea into him until he complies since it's the most practical way for you to get into imports as of this moment (Rather than buying ANOTHER PS2 and then still having to buy the SMDs and the IIDX games themselves...). Seriously, don't let that bitch stop you. If he still won't comply, offer him 10 bucks or something.
Actually it looks like he'll sell it to me. I think he likes my offer of $175 for it and all the games. Now it's a matter of getting that much money <crosses fingers for upcoming ebay auctions>

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
DanAdamKOF said:
Actually it looks like he'll sell it to me. I think he likes my offer of $175 for it and all the games. Now it's a matter of getting that much money <crosses fingers for upcoming ebay auctions>
$175? WTF? How many games are there (Must be a butt load for that kind of price)?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
$175? WTF? How many games are there (Must be a butt load for that kind of price)?
Well he still has all the packaging and stuff it came with, plus another official dualshock, 3rd party Svideo cable (I'll probably get a better one though, I don't like the way this one fits), a Sony 8MB memory card, and a gamestop PSX memory card.

As for games,
PS2:
Alpha Anthology
SFAC (I paid for half of it)
KOF 2K/2K1
CVS2 (loose)
RE4
Red Faction 2 (loose)
MGS3: Subsistence (the one in the red box)
Timesplitters 3
Tenchu 3
Zone of the Enders 2
Katamari Damacy
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (technically mine since I bought it)
Kingdom Hearts (LOL I'm not playing that)
BMUS (that's all mine)
Mobile Light Force 2 (Mine)
And 7 or 8 OPSM Demo Discs

PSX:
Rival Schools (Loose, and I paid for half)
KOF 99 (Mine actually)
Viewpoint (Mine)
Mobile Light Force (Mine)
Darkstalkers 3 (Mine)
MGS VR Missions
DDR 1 (actually that's a friend's, I reaaaaaaaaaaally should give that back)

I think it's reasonable. I don't want to rip my brother off, and I feel that I'm still getting a good deal.

EDIT: I'm also debating whether or not to sell my HP iPAQ h1910 PDA. It has some issues with syncing through USB, but it's still very usable. I use my black and white Sony Clie for appointments and stuff, and my GP2X does a better job at playing games (and I'm sure it will be better at movies soon). I'm getting an iPod for MP3s anyway.

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Just did it! Marq you're awesome, you made this deal even better. It's gonna suck waiting to get a PStwo after I build my PC, but if I didn't buy these now I'd regret missing out.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Why are you still getting a PStwo if you're going to make the deal with your brother? Oh, and if you still can't afford the swap magic and fliptop, I'd recommend that you sell those games that were included in the package...*hint hint*

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
Why are you still getting a PStwo if you're going to make the deal with your brother? Oh, and if you still can't afford the swap magic and fliptop, I'd recommend that you sell those games that were included in the package...*hint hint*
I am buying my brother's pstwo. I crunched some numbers, and it looks like I can build my PC, buy my brother's PStwo and a swap disc, buy an iPod with a student discount, and have $107 left over for whatever. I need to list some stuff on eBay first, but the prices of the stuff I'm planning to sell on there were modest in my estimate.

I guess I can sell Kingdom Hearts and most of the PSone games (not Rival schools though, that game's my bitch). I'd play the rest.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
Don't forget to also get a fliptop (Or you could just leave your PS2 open).
I'm gonna get a Magic Switch. They're real cheap.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
Oh, the PS2 that you got from your brother is a slimline?
Yeah. I love that LAN port on it. MGS3 and TS3 are real fun online :D

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'm just sorta disappointed I'm getting these games so late in the summer.

Rather than playing Rislim Remix during midsummer nights I'll be playing Jaeger Final Attack during prefall afternoons.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
DanAdamKOF said:

Rather than playing Rislim Remix during midsummer nights I'll be playing Jaeger Final Attack during prefall afternoons.

:kekeke:

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
DanAdamKOF said:

From a post I made on VJA a while back:

NEWS FLASH: I NEVER SAID MIDSUMMER AT ALL (I DON'T EVEN THINK I'VE EVER SAID THAT WORD ON A MESSAGE BOARD IN MY WHOLE LIFE UNTIL JUST RIGHT NOW). IT'S PLAIN SUMMER. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT IS THE MIDDLE OR NOT. IF YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO MOCK, GET IT RIGHT. TELL YOUR FRIEND SHE CAN PLAY IT RIGHT NOW. IF SHE WAITS UNTIL AUGUST SHE'S GOING TO FUCK EVERYTHING UP. IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE PLAYED THAT FUCKING LATE INTO THE SUMMER. SCHOOL IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER IN AUGUST. SCHOOL AND RISLIM -REMIX- DO NOT MIX. IF SHE ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT RISLIM -REMIX-, SHE WILL PLAY IT TONIGHT.

Seriously, where did all of this "midsummer" shit come from?

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
From a post I made on VJA a while back:

Seriously, where did all of this "midsummer" shit come from?

:kekeke:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
LOL Gotenks you gotta chill out.

Anyway they shipped out today, yaay!

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I just bought AlphaONE's USA KOC. Woot! Now I can take my crappy-ass skills to doubles and make the songs sound worse!

Seriously though I hope my skills catch up to all the IIDX swag I own.

edit: I hope I can find more Bemani gamers at UT Dallas. I'm actually halfheartedly considering joining the anime club up there since I bet that's where I'd find a lot of them. Plus I'd like to try some other Bemani games anyway. Still, though, it is an anime club. Maybe I can start my own Bemani club up there, hmm.

Last edited:

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
DanAdamKOF said:
I just bought AlphaONE's USA KOC. Woot! Now I can take my crappy-ass skills to doubles and make the songs sound worse!
you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
Can't be as bad as the time I tried doubles with a US KOC and a dualshock. Wow that was bad. Anyway if I do end up joining a Bemani club at college, I'll have another controller for someone to use.

Anyway, I love how cheap evertyhing has been for me for IIDX. For $175 I have three IIDX games and two controllers (and that includes shipping). That ain't too shabby :)

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
DanAdamKOF said:
Can't be as bad as the time I tried doubles with a US KOC and a dualshock. Wow that was bad. Anyway if I do end up joining a Bemani club at college, I'll have another controller for someone to use.

Anyway, I love how cheap evertyhing has been for me for IIDX. For $175 I have three IIDX games and two controllers (and that includes shipping). That ain't too shabby :)

Cheap my ass, I've spent a freaking small fortune :eek: