MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I don't think that will happen. They create their games with the purpose of being exclusive and expensive or something like that. Asking for ROM downloads is like asking Rolls Royce to make a compact car. They can, it would bring more revenue, but it's not what they are about.

I would think the same thing if they hadn't done Dreamcast releases in the past. I still think it's unlikely, but I wouldn't rule it out altogether.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I would think the same thing if they hadn't done Dreamcast releases in the past. I still think it's unlikely, but I wouldn't rule it out altogether.

AFAIK, DC ports were kind of an after-thought, not really the main focus, but they needed time, therefore they axed them.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I don't think they will go for SD download versions for a number of reasons:-
They will make more profit from the cart version (per sale) than they would from an SD version - unless the SD versions were sold at the amount they make in profit from a cart version. That means maybe £100 or more per game probably - does anyone really want to pay £100+ for a downloadable game? If they reduce the price to say £50, then isn't that kind of like f****** over the previous buyers of cart versions? Then theres the re-print games coming out this year, what do they do about the pre-orders of those, do you get an option to get cash back and have the download version instead, or would they give refunds and then open up download sales? I just don't see it happening unfortunately. Unless they just screw over the people that previously paid lots for the original carts.

What I do see as a possibility is new games coming in downloadable SD versions - that makes perfect sense no matter how you look at it, but the NGDEV team have already said they are moving onto a new platform after Kraut Busters =/

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

An small update about shipment/production :

I just have arrived from shells/mold factory, they were working on the modifications we asked them.

Today I saw that they have almost finished with the mold works. I saw some of the changes we asked them for already done, and others being worked inside the processing machines.

So as today the planning is :

MVS PCBS: in stock since last week, we will start serializing those tomorrow.
AES PCBS : Factory will give us those next Thursday (in 3 days from today we wil have stock)

Shells :
- Next friday Factory will finish the work on the mold (January 27th)
- Next monday we will have the preseries (january 30th), we will give the OK and the mold will pass to polish stage
- We will get the series following Thursday (February 2th)

The day we will get the shells, we will have all PCBS from AES and MVS ready to ship, so we expect to start shipping about Friday 3th

If the factories dont give us another delay, we will work this weekend (Saturday 4th – Sunday 5th), so we hope to have everything delivered on Monday 6th –Tuesday 7th.

All this counting on nothing shows. I personally think this time we should not have more delays, maybe 1 or 2 days, but not more.
I have been with the owner of the plastics factory and he promised me to accomplish with the delivery dates

Next thursday/friday i will give you guys another update, as soon as we got more info.

Thanks for the patience you all are having, it know its a lot ….

glitch77

New Challenger
Thanks for the update! Ready to see what pops up when running this on my MV-6F with UniBIOS!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
My Super sexxy mac says those links lead to malware files...

Just sayin'...

xROTx

neosd

Neosd Developer
My Super sexxy mac says those links lead to malware files...

Just sayin'...

xROTx

LOL

Yes, if you click on the download button once, you will be forwared to a spam website that tries to download a .dmg file, if you click on the download button for a seccond time you will get the real files ...

Sorry, i am too tired today to think in another uploading place right now :(

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
LOL

Yes, if you click on the download button once, you will forwared to a spam website that tries to download a .dmg file, if you click on the download button for a seccond time you will get the real files ...

Man... you make life hard...:D

xROTx

benjiedude

Quiz Detective
LOL

Yes, if you click on the download button once, you will be forwared to a spam website that tries to download a .dmg file, if you click on the download button for a seccond time you will get the real files ...

Sorry, i am too tired today to think in another uploading place right now :(

Thanks for the update! Please keep us informed about the shipping options as well.

Can't get to the sticker because I'm at work and my phone flips out because of the malware warning. Would be nice to just have them posted here please.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
looking good - both the update on the manufacture process as well as the labels!
Only one thing about the label: the small part of the tank that goes over the stripes in the bottom left looks a little strange to me... it's too tiny and should better go behind the stripe in my opinion.

[thanks to Rot for rehosting too]

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
You right, I wonder what happened there, it was not like that in the last version. Its like its been shifted left for some reason. It looked better before with equal gap between wheel and gold bar and other wheel and edge (like in this pic http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-AVAILABLE!!&p=4156381&viewfull=1#post4156381).

I can see why now, the bars were moved inwards but the tank and large logo not moved right to account for it.

Last edited:

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
I know this may feel like overkill but any plans for inserts for snap lock or soft boxes? Any objections if the community makes them and share them? (Yes I know almost everyone would say that the cart will be permanently attached to the console but I like my carts still and this one needs a box too)

I like the sticker and the simple design.

I read a question that went unanswered before if the golden stripes were going to be gold foil or just printed any comments or surprise coming?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Hello,

An small update about shipment/production :

I just have arrived from shells/mold factory, they were working on the modifications we asked them.

Today I saw that they have almost finished with the mold works. I saw some of the changes we asked them for already done, and others being worked inside the processing machines.

So as today the planning is :

MVS PCBS: in stock since last week, we will start serializing those tomorrow.
AES PCBS : Factory will give us those next Thursday (in 3 days from today we wil have stock)

Shells :
- Next friday Factory will finish the work on the mold (January 27th)
- Next monday we will have the preseries (january 30th), we will give the OK and the mold will pass to polish stage
- We will get the series following Thursday (February 2th)

The day we will get the shells, we will have all PCBS from AES and MVS ready to ship, so we expect to start shipping about Friday 3th

If the factories dont give us another delay, we will work this weekend (Saturday 4th – Sunday 5th), so we hope to have everything delivered on Monday 6th –Tuesday 7th.

All this counting on nothing shows. I personally think this time we should not have more delays, maybe 1 or 2 days, but not more.
I have been with the owner of the plastics factory and he promised me to accomplish with the delivery dates

Next thursday/friday i will give you guys another update, as soon as we got more info.

Thanks for the patience you all are having, it know its a lot ….

All sounding good, neosd. Just a quick question. Will the MVS shells for the preorders be a priority, or will they be sent on a later date? I just don't like using mine much at the moment without a shell, and don't have a spare MVS shell to convert.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
@mastamuzz: you can take the one from southtown hb and change the format
@mattblah: better take the cheapest mvs game (or most fcked up shell)...u can still reuse it when you got the neosd shell

neosd

Neosd Developer
All sounding good, neosd. Just a quick question. Will the MVS shells for the preorders be a priority, or will they be sent on a later date? I just don't like using mine much at the moment without a shell, and don't have a spare MVS shell to convert.

Hello,

We are going to get shells for already shipped orders and for new orders at the same time.

BUT, we will ship new orders before we ship shells for the already shipped orders.

I hope you understand that, but you guys have been able to play it for some time now and some guys have been waiting for months for his shipment.

Anyways, 2 or 3 days after we have shipped all orders we will start shipping the promissed shells.

Priority now is to get new orders out ASAP, even the postman calls asking when are we going to ship, so you can imagine how many emails per day we are getting asking us when are we going to ship.

We are just doing our best, we have spent the entire day today testing the MVS batch, all good so far :)

Thanks

TotalMoop

New Challenger
Thanks for the Update NeoSD. Liking the sticker design though I do agree with Razoola regarding the back of the tank slipping into the gold stripes. maybe one last revision to fix that prior to printing?
Can you please let us know if or when the priority mailing option will be available to pay for? (UPS was it?)

I'd be keen to have the 3 day UPS shipping option available.

Thanks again

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Hello,

We are going to get shells for already shipped orders and for new orders at the same time.

BUT, we will ship new orders before we ship shells for the already shipped orders.

I hope you understand that, but you guys have been able to play it for some time now and some guys have been waiting for months for his shipment.

Anyways, 2 or 3 days after we have shipped all orders we will start shipping the promissed shells.

Priority now is to get new orders out ASAP, even the postman calls asking when are we going to ship, so you can imagine how many emails per day we are getting asking us when are we going to ship.

We are just doing our best, we have spent the entire day today testing the MVS batch, all good so far :)

Thanks

No worries and thanks for the update =D Keen to get a shell, but no problems waiting until you guys get the time!

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Hello,

Thanks

You'll probably make an exception for me , since i should receive the mvs extra shell and had ordered the AES neosd .
In this case , one package shipment is better for everyone :)