Mushihime-sama Roll Call!

slerch666

updyke,
Well, the nice thing about being panty-less is that where the legs come together it would almost look like an ass, if it weren't covered mostly by skirt and the fact that the seam for the legs meet there. Funny, funny shit.

I remember one of McFarlane's Angela toys was panty less and it was a "collector's item" because of it. LOL

slerch666

updyke,
OK, well, I'm not ripping MY statue apart to verify it. ;)

That person is nuts, or has money to spare.

It really is a nice piece, panties or not. LOL

BIG

sony fanboy
One more day to go..can't wait to get my paws on the L.E...

FYI,for all you rom-whores out there,the Mushi ISOs are out :annoyed:

B-

unplanned

n00b
I pre-ordered the normal version, since I figured they'd just toss a lil figurine in with the order. Now I see that the LE comes in a nice box. Most people wouldn't care, but I'm a whore for games with...irregular packaging. A stupid whore, and my bank accounts can attest to that fact :oh_no:

I think I may just order the LE now as well, I'm sure I can sell the other one without much trouble.

slerch666

updyke,
BIG said:
FYI,for all you rom-whores out there,the Mushi ISOs are out :annoyed:

B-
Someone already posted that info. ;)

Though it makes one wonder how it got leaked so quickly. My guess is that some asshole at a game shop had copies come in early, like they do here in the US, and decided he'd offer it up to the public.

I can't get behind that. I mean, come on, the game is only $60. If you can't afford to pay $60 for a game, you shouldn't be playing games and you should be getting an education so you can get a better job...

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
edit: nevermind, I am behind on some things apparently

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
your order has been sent out
are the sweetest words Play-Asia has ever told me.

I'm assuming my LE will be in my hands tomorrow or Saturday.

In the words of Little Jon, YEEEEAAAAHHHHH!

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
So for those who have gotten a chance to play it, how is it? I've really been looking forward to this game, and Dodonapchi-Dia-Ou-Jiu has got me hooked so I can't wait to see what the boys at Cave have come up with.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
so I just read that there are no replay videos included with the game.... how lame :( :crying:

I think the Dai-Ou-Jou and ESPGaluda ports have spoiled me....

Kiken

Camel Slug
I just tracked it through UPS and it's already "out for delivery", so I'll have it after work today.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
BIG said:
Playing it now ;)

This shit is butter,y0.

B-

JEALOUS! Looks like Monday for me :( unless by miracle it gets here tomorrow. [crosses fingers]

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
WOW.

That's all I gotta say. Wow.

For anyone that feels like 2D is dead, they need to go out and grab an import PS2, because Cave is still alive and kicking and making the finest 2D games in existence.
Since Capcom waved the white flag, and Playmore is, well, content to milk the glory of the past with very little effort, Cave takes this throne with absolute force. Mushihime-sama has gorgeous sprites, incredible control, great music...it's a total throwback. Yes, it is of the new school of zillion-bullet minimalist masochism, but it's a fucking awesome ride. I need to order ESPGaluda too dammit.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I'm just discovering Cave in the past few weeks, and loving every minute of it, can't wait for the PCB of this to come down in price

Shibusawa

Quiz Detective
Loopz said:
WOW.
I need to order ESPGaluda too dammit.

If Mushihimesama turns out half as good I'll still be over the moon. I totally love that game.

I can't wait for my copy to arrive, the ones that have it are pretty positive thus far :)

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I'll get me a copy later on. After I got Pro-Gear No Arashi some 1.5yrs ago and
some other boards, the CAVE fever has cooled down on me. I'd prolly go
for the kit instead.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Got my LE via EMS from Play-Asia about 30 minutes ago. Played it for a while then went to the shmup.com boards to try to figure out the scoring system... seems kind of basic compared to ESPGaluda.

Great game, though. Same great 2-D graphics and gameplay Cave knows better than any other shooter developer.

edit (after about 90 minutes of play): goddamn this game is good. The slightly simpler score counter/multiplier makes it seem really streamlined down to the sweet, sweet shooter goodness. Perfect difficulty curve, too- bullet patterns get pretty insane but never feel even close to unfair. This may be the game that makes finishing my last few papers for grad school even harder... :buttrock:

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
jro said:
Got my LE via EMS from Play-Asia about 30 minutes ago. Played it for a while then went to the shmup.com boards to try to figure out the scoring system... seems kind of basic compared to ESPGaluda.

Great game, though. Same great 2-D graphics and gameplay Cave knows better than any other shooter developer.

edit (after about 90 minutes of play): goddamn this game is good. The slightly simpler score counter/multiplier makes it seem really streamlined down to the sweet, sweet shooter goodness. Perfect difficulty curve, too- bullet patterns get pretty insane but never feel even close to unfair. This may be the game that makes finishing my last few papers for grad school even harder... :buttrock:

Good to hear. It looks like I'm going to have to pick this game up pronto. I'm still playing Dodonpachi-Dia-Ou-Jou everyday. Cave never fails.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I still haven't picked up the ps2 port (I'm trying to save money.) I've played about 20 times in the arcade and it's wonderful.

It's not nearly as hard as Daioujou (which is good for me.) But there are 2 harder difficulties you can select, so if you want your balls ripped off it'll do the trick.

The gameplay is fantastic. You pick up power ups that are little bug ships that shoot. When you hold down your button it makes concentrated fire. Same kind of mechanics as DDP, Ketsui and Espgaluda.

My favorite thing about Mushihimesama compared to the last two cave games is the graphics. The graphics are unbelievable. The bosses all writh around and move like insects. The bullets and gems you pick up look great. The interface is smooth and overall everything goes together visually very well.

I'm really trying not to buy this for PS2 but it really is just too good. If the ps2 port holds up to the arcade it's a must have.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Great game, like everyone mentioned - amazing graphics.

Too bad my TV is too big for TATE :crying:

Finished it for the first time a couple of minutes ago.

BIG

sony fanboy
Since quite a few of us have gotten our eager little paws on this neat little gem,may I ask how the rest of you guys are doing,scoring/progress-wise?

So far,I've hit just a tad under 5,000,000/stage 3,1 credit,original mode.

BTW,is it just me,or is the original mode much harder than maniac?

B-