mudman and shiki in nbc!!!!!!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
Shiki is an excellent character. I'm interested in how Shiki will interact with Asura. I mean, Haohmaru, Shiki, and Asura all in another game together probably only means something to those of us who played the shit out of the hyper shodowns.

I'd actually love to see how Shiki and Asura interact... and I mean that in the dirtiest way possible.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
nruva said:
I'd actually love to see how Shiki and Asura interact... and I mean that in the dirtiest way possible.

yeah? Wanna buy some hentai doujinshi?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:
I thought that reversing projectiles thing in WH2 was annoying and stupid... :spock:
I'm not used to that kind of ignorant statement from you.

I bought the game at release, so I guess it became a natural part of the game for me. For some characters without projectiles (like Ryoko), it became the best way to close on some characters like Erik, who if you jump in, the AI will rapid fire jabs that can knock you out of anything. When playing against a friend who is also good at it, it's a fun part of the game, and seperates WH2 from other fighters. Same for reversing throws 5 times.

Sorry you didn't like it, but you should probably spend more time on it. It would be like me complaining about breaking in MotW. Just because I'm not the best at it, doesn't mean it's not a valuable addition to the game.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
"Ignorant" ? This is just my opinion.
I didn't play WH2 much at all really (no Vs at all to tell the truth, only against the comp), but that's the one thing I disliked the most about the game...

If this addition was welcome in the WH series, I guess they'd have kept it in WH2J and WHP... so I guess developers either took it off because they realized it was a bad idea, and/or because this feature was badly received by players, who complained about it.
It may be somehow fun to some, but I think it's frustrating and weird (as in, not "logical" in any way... not that this game is realistic, I know)...
I still respect the fact you enjoy it.

I like it better how, in other games, only a few characters can reverse projectiles using a special move. It looks and feels better, seems more "fair" to me, and doesn't happen as often.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'll come out and be a jerk. I just don't like World Heroes at all. The only game in the series I can stand is Perfect, and even then it's not that hot. So, while I'm glad they have a few characters coming from it, I don't mind that they leave they're old styles from those games behind. Either that, or make it unique to them and leave it at that.

No matter. I'm excited about MudMan. I just hope this game doesn't suck. The movies I've seen didn't have that great of animation, from what I could tell. Let's hope it's a great game. Should be, from what I can see.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I never really worried that much about reversing projectiles. I tend to think of it sort of like Street Fighter 3 and Mark of the Wolves. A system where, by timing, any player can gain advantage against a projectile thrower. In one case, it builds super bar energy, another case you gain health, the world heroes 2 case, it reverses the projectiles. But it's fine if you don't like it. It's no different than the various people who pick favorite KOF fight systems, since they find which one that doesn't have aspects they don't like.

super-saiya-jin

I wish I really were French
i have never tried WH but the reverse projectile thing sounds cool
i dont see what the problem is
no one compliend when rugal had that move

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:
"Ignorant" ? This is just my opinion.
I didn't play WH2 much at all really (no Vs at all to tell the truth, only against the comp), but that's the one thing I disliked the most about the game...

If this addition was welcome in the WH series, I guess they'd have kept it in WH2J and WHP... so I guess developers either took it off because they realized it was a bad idea, and/or because this feature was badly received by players, who complained about it.
It may be somehow fun to some, but I think it's frustrating and weird (as in, not "logical" in any way... not that this game is realistic, I know)...
I still respect the fact you enjoy it.

I like it better how, in other games, only a few characters can reverse projectiles using a special move. It looks and feels better, seems more "fair" to me, and doesn't happen as often.
Okay, ignorant was a bit strong. Sorry about that. I just think it was a gameplay feature that added something unique, but like you said, was probably hard for many to adjust to (especially casual players), so they removed it. I'm glad Capcom didn't listen when people initially had a hard time adjusting to parrying.

Anyhow, if you check the Favorite WH poll, WH2 comes in a respectible 2nd place, just barely behind Perfect and well ahead of Jet and 1. So maybe history has a different judgement on the game and its features than ADK's initial reaction.

I am really thinking about this way too much. There are probably not much more than 50 people worldwide who care enough to have an opinion on the pros and cons of various WH games... I'm going to go do something productive for a while.

edit: Okay, that's enough productive.

Last edited:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
SouthtownKid said:
Anyhow, if you check the Favorite WH poll, WH2 comes in a respectible 2nd place, just barely behind Perfect and well ahead of Jet and 1. So maybe history has a different judgement on the game and its features than ADK's initial reaction.
I thought this was mostly because of the Death Match mode...

nazi muerto abono pa mi huerto

Overtop Pathfinder
well , finally the firsts images are coming (from madmans, iggy)

88839983e2be.jpg

925f7b75aaae.jpg

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:
I thought this was mostly because of the Death Match mode...
Yes, I'm sure Death Match is a huge part of 2's popularity.

but...

Deathmatch Mode was another feature they took out for Jet and Perfect, so that kind of negates your other argument. According to that line of thinking, developers must have thought Deathmatch mode was a bad idea, or players didn't like it. That seems not to be the case.

If you never really played the game, there's not much point in arguing about it. You say you never played vs., so I don't see what you'd judge it from. It's not worth arguing about anyway. I already conceded I was out of line with that crack about 'ignorant'. Rush to judgement, maybe. Maybe try the game with others (if you can find others willing to play it). Give it a little time, then see what you think. Once you get the timing down (and for throw reversals), it adds a lot to the game, and helps seperate it from being a straight SF clone.

G-Product

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I'm glad to keep hearin new characters added to this game after playin Shiki in SVC I thought she rocked even though I suck wit her, I remeber ownin' WH2 for SNES and my main character was Mudman! But still were in tha FUCK is Andy!!! Plus I see many background characters that I want in tha game

Leona, Clark, Ralf, Eiji, Jubei, Kain and the other Garou Boss. Sides we need at least one Ikari warrior!!!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Shiki from SVC was very cool so i dont care that shes back. I saw it coming anyhow. Mudman w00T! Im just hoping the boss is igniz or orochi. since it cant be geese ^^. This game is amazing so far

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Mudman's mask looks exceptionally....happy. o_O

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Haha, with every new character announced, there's a few people that bitch about others missing. I will say, I agree with Andy's absence being a bit of a pain. I can't believe he went from being in every game, to being in NO game... not the crossovers, and now even KOF has told him to piss off. Sad, as he's one of my favs.

That and my main man, Jubei. Whatever. Let's be happy with what we have, here (god, I'm starting to sound like a broken record). Mudman's odd, but should be refreshing. As for Shiki? Ugh, I *did* hate her SvsC version, so let's hope they redid her a bit? Not complaining, but just... saying. ;) I'd rather have her in there then nobody else at all. In other words, somebody is always better than nobody.

Spike

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
SnkLove said:
man i need a atomiswave bad and fast! :buttrock:
Actually, you still have a good amount of time to save up for one...however, I don't know your financial situation.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
SnkLove said:
man i need a atomiswave bad and fast! :buttrock:

You don't need it fast, just get this game bundled with the AW mobo when it is released (this is ignoring the fact that its price then is going to be OUCH!). You'll regret it if you buy an AW now, and later you can't find the game separately as it's been happening with all the games so far (I hope this situation changes and NGBC is the first game to be sold separately).

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Amano Jacu said:
(I hope this situation changes and NGBC is the first game to be sold separately).

I think it's more probably that NGBC will the avaliable bundled with the motherboard, since it's the "strongest" title so far, and a good oppotunity to make AW more popular. It would be a wise move from Sammy.

It's more likely to see separatedly carts avaliable for the releases just after NGBC.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Well, many people said that Neowave has been the title that finally has made the AW expand. You have to put an end to the "expansion" sooner or later, and allow the ops that already have the mobo just upgrade the software. This could be the never-ending story: there will be other "strongest title so far" after NGBC too.
I agree that before Neowave they needed to expand, but continuing with this is ridiculous. There's still some months before NGBC comes anyway, and the board will be almost 2 years old then.
Of course NGBC will also be available in kit form with the mobo, but I really hope they also sell it separately. It's not that we could afford it anytime soon after release in either form anyway, but it's a start so that a second hand market of loose carts starts in the future

Last edited:

G-Product

Benimaru's Hairdresser
as far as the bosses go I want either

Goenitz (cheaper than ever lol)
Rugal & his kids
or something with a new tiwsit on it like they did with Athena in SVC

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
it's just funny that one day I was thinking about the characters that need to be added and while brainstorming, Mudman was one of the very first characters to come to my mind.

this happened after annoucing the previous 3 characters lol.

great choices imo, but not the best.

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
k'_127 said:
it's just funny that one day I was thinking about the characters that need to be added and while brainstorming, Mudman was one of the very first characters to come to my mind.

this happened after annoucing the previous 3 characters lol.

great choices imo, but not the best.

I gotta admit i dont like mudman at all, but he is a good selection choice.
World Heroes needed that extra person in it (I was hoping for RYOKO).
Mudmans Character suits the game alot from what I've seen already.

As for bosses in the game, Id really like to just have either a new boss that is gonna be the boss of bosses.
The worst case scenario I could see would be Karnov popping up, man that would suck lol

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Richard & Judy said:
The worst case scenario I could see would be Karnov popping up, man that would suck lol

:tickled:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I know everyone is sick of wish lists, and is going to curse my anscestors for this (not to mention I probably already said this before somewhere), but for the bosses, I'd love a tag-team of King Lion (Shin Shshi Ou) and Neo Dio. Beeeeat up.