mudman and shiki in nbc!!!!!!

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Well HALF my wish came true. A new mudman is going to be awesome.

Duck Kings in a background so they ignored him once again.

And Krauser needs to be there too damnit.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm tired of shiki already, she was so easy to use in SVC, though that game is hopeless cause of all the infinites/imbalance/cheese pressure/collision detectin that plagues it. I think her design is boring and shes truly over rated.

I wanted to see

Setsuna
Suija (One of the few newer recreations/additions I really enjoyed)
Krauser
Bob Wilson

IMO, Moriya was the best choice of the endless list of neglected characters. He was uber cool from day one. Then for some reason they started adding all these other worthless shits to the mix.
I really wish they would have added choi to this. :rolleyes: I mean, the roster is really awkward as is.

Washizuka - Really not needed, he was kinda sub par to begin with.
Jin Chonshu - One or the other, we never needed both.
K' - needs a break
Hotaru - ADD KEVIN INSTEAD!!! URGHHHH
Shermie - I have no idea why she made it.
Nakoruru - CRAP, I HATE HER.

The rest of the roster kicks ass, but for each char who doesnt belong, another who is 10 x better and more 'SNK' could have made it in. As much as I like Shermie, she just doesnt need to be in this.

The older bosses get very little respect.
Imagine Igniz, Kain, Krauser, Orochi.. etc etc. To many cool chars they could have made for this.

Best additions
Lee/Asura/Mr Karate/Moriya/Tung/Geese.

Krauser had such a good chance since this was the game WHERE AWKWARD CHARS HAD A CHANCE TO SHINE!

ugh...

I think Waku should have had at least one character. That game was one of the most original and unique releases that was ignored.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
ADD KEVIN INSTEAD!!! URGHHHH
Shermie - I have no idea why she made it.

Word. Kevin was always one of my favorite Jungle Souljah from Mark of the Wolves, I wish they could give the staple Kyo and Iori a temporary retirement, they are in every staple game I know so far, it wouldn't hurt SNK to give them a bit of R&R.

I for one don't mind Shermie too much. A grappler is a grappler, and I gotta take 'em every way I can.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
bokmeow said:
Word. Kevin was always one of my favorite Jungle Souljah from Mark of the Wolves, I wish they could give the staple Kyo and Iori a temporary retirement, they are in every staple game I know so far, it wouldn't hurt SNK to give them a bit of R&R.

I for one don't mind Shermie too much. A grappler is a grappler, and I gotta take 'em every way I can.

Yeah, I would really have liked to see Kev.

I also wouldnt have minded ralf or clark.
Clark is IMO the best grappler next to Daimon.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
You need to add an IMO in there. As in, "IMO, the Jin bros. are excellent choices." Despite what some people who probably haven't played much Real Bout or FF3 might say, it takes more than a projectile and an anti-air move to make someone a shoto clone.

Jin bros. make up 2 of the 3 characters I'm looking forward most to playing in this. They are cool...IMO.

Agree, actually. :)

As for hating on Washizuka, Shermie, and K. Washizuka is a pimp with great pressure style. Shermie is the only damn grappler in the game, and she's fine the way she is... mind you, I'd love more grapplers in the game. And K? He's been in what, KOF ONLY games? I'm super glad they took him from KOF. As for Kyo and Iori, they're the Ken and Ryu of the games. For every one guy bitching that they're in there, you'd have 10 bitching that they weren't if this game came out without them. Me, included.

And, finally about the grappler debate: 2k2 Ramon is the best grappler to come out since.... Clark? Sorry, but Ramon's the biggest pimp to throw a guy in a long time. Clark's badass, and lord knows I wished he was in. Oh well. I would also have loved to see Jubei in this one.

Spike

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Shiki is a tad redundant, but she's one of the few the good features that make up SvC... so I'm not complaining really, since I think she's a blast to use.

Mudman? - meh

Fuuma and Hanzo were enough (IMO) from the World Heroes series, and if they were going to add anybody, I'd prefer Captain Kidd (but you can't please everyone.)

I honestly can't complain though, since I like the cast so far, and any additions up until this point, will be just that... additions.

(Krauser does need some love though - he gets rejected far too much from SNKP)

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
there are two ways to look at it as far as im concerned.. one is that this roster doesnt compare to the roster i could come up with myself...

on the other hand it is hands down the best roster ive seen in a vs/multi franchise game so far.

beats cvs1, cvs2, jam, svc, etc, etc by a clear margin imo.

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
The reason shermie got into the game is because shes an amazing grappler.
Shikis designs imo is meant to be dark mysterious, I think the sprite work on her is top notch compared to a character who looks even damn more plain, fuuma etc..

The Roster is good

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
The game keeps getting better...

It's official...
Mudman & Tung Fu Rue. I don't want to get too excited, but after hearing this I'm SO looking forward to this game!!! :buttrock:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Mudman has me giddy like a little school boy, seriously, I'm excited. So excited that I am debating which of the World Heroes games to buy to practice with the WH characters. Any suggestions, I've heard people say 2 and 2Jet are best. People say the first one is only good for the nostalgia and the last one they fucked up. In the end it's all just a matter of opinion, but we might as well get some discussion started up in this bitch.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
This game is going to be hillarious. I love that they will be bringing back Mudman, he was hillarious in World Heroes.

I'd still like to see them add some more hand to hand combat fighters though, I do agree that too many characters have fireballs.

I'd like to see Lee and Zantetsu from The Last Blade, Rosa and Kim (The one guy with the Bo Staff) from Kinzuna.

But even if they don't I still think that this game will be better then Capcom Fighting Jam (Or what ever the hell they called it) just by the character list alone. I just hope I'll have a chance to play it in the arcades before it get's ported to another home system.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
SnairDogg said:
Mudman has me giddy like a little school boy, seriously, I'm excited. So excited that I am debating which of the World Heroes games to buy to practice with the WH characters. Any suggestions, I've heard people say 2 and 2Jet are best. People say the first one is only good for the nostalgia and the last one they fucked up. In the end it's all just a matter of opinion, but we might as well get some discussion started up in this bitch.
I figure he'll play closest to the WHP version, although I'd LOVE it if the WH characters could reverse projectiles and throws in this game (WH2-style)...

And Perfect is not fucked up, it's just different. 2 is my favorite, but Jet and Perfect are a lot of fun in their own ways also. Actually, I like Perfect very much.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
I thought that reversing projectiles thing in WH2 was annoying and stupid... :spock:

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
SnairDogg said:

just pick up WH2 and WHP

ROBOTRON

Marked Wolf
LOL...Mudman, thats great.

I'd rather seen some other fighters, but I won't complain. The game looks HAWT! 2D rulez...I hope they never stop. :D

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:
I thought that reversing projectiles thing in WH2 was annoying and stupid... :spock:

Same here.

Glad Fuuma/Hanzo is in there, but why Both? It's not worth it.

And ANOTHER SS Fighter? COME ON! :rolleyes:

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Well.....cool. I was hoping one of the more strange WH characters came in. WH just isn't WH on the two ninjas alone. Welcome back to the ring, Mudman.
:)

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Yes, World Heroes had 2 shotos and they definitely needed something to represent the unusual aspects of the game. I still wanted Rasputin though. :p

Shiki is an incredible character in the Samurai 64 series and an incredibly boring character in SVC. Her beautiful twirling dragon punch super in 64 gets replaced with a ranbu of all things in SVC. The seduction moves lose their kick in 2D. To me, Shiki would be a good addition to NBC if they did a much better job of porting her, but the almost certain fact that we will see her boring SVC version makes her a so-so addition.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
neojedi said:
To me, Shiki would be a good addition to NBC if they did a much better job of porting her, but the almost certain fact that we will see her boring SVC version makes her a so-so addition.

~Straight Rip :kekeke:

super-saiya-jin

I wish I really were French
K' - needs a break
Blasphemey :eek:

I think Waku should have had at least one character. That game was one of the most original and unique releases that was ignored.
Agreed,Waku has some really funny caracters

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
It's hard to ignore K' because he's a lead character, you know. Maybe Ash will do the same since he's also a new lead character, in a game. But I'll agree with neojedi, that I would've preferred Rasputin. (and for me, also Captain Kid), but Mudman isn't a bad choice for quirky WH characters.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Shiki is an excellent character. I'm interested in how Shiki will interact with Asura. I mean, Haohmaru, Shiki, and Asura all in another game together probably only means something to those of us who played the shit out of the hyper shodowns.