Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Why would Black Widow ever be a great movie?
That's what I was wondering as well. All signs pointed to it being just another generic Marvel movie and why would they do anything different? I mean that's what Disney does. We weren't going to get something on the level of John Wick but with a hot chick.

I thought Captain Marvel sucked and I hate that bitch that played her.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Hey bro did you cry during the 'Who wants to live forever' part where Connor's wife gets old and dies while he stays the same age.
No but I did give thought to the recent Bohemian Rhapsody film.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
No but I did give thought to the recent Bohemian Rhapsody film.
What about when Rick and Morty played Who Wants to Live Forever as Wooden Jerry fails to terminate through various epochs that in the grand scheme of things don’t make nearly as much sense as the people living in those epochs may have believed.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Only thing I liked her in was when she played Envy Adams in the Scott Pilgrim movie.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I think she was also in 21 Jump Street, (or the 2nd one?).

Shes entirely forgettable.

Edit: Even her scene in Between Two Ferns, she looked like a bitch with a five-head. I mean EVERYONE is funny on Between Two Ferns. Even Barack Obama!

She wasn't.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

Edit: Even her scene in Between Two Ferns, she looked like a bitch with a five-head. I mean EVERYONE is funny on Between Two Ferns. Even Barack Obama!

She wasn't.
What do you mean "even"? Obama was often funny. Probably still is.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
True, I just meant a non-actor was more humor filled and natural than her.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It's a Marvel movie, boys. Relax over Allison Brie. It's gonna be OK.

Naika

Street Hoop Star

She wasn't.
She was also in Free Fire. Good movie.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Come True - strange movie. Leans into the weirdness for the most part, with the final 20 minutes or so just making me go um, sure and then an ending that's even weirder, and thereby somehow works, I think.

Shortcut - this seemed to think it was creating an iconic new horror villain, a British Goonies, and an amazing movie all at the same time. It is none of those things, but it was completely terrible with the bizarrely self-serious tone only making it worse.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Black Widows sister in the film was played by the actress who played Paige in Fighting With My Family.

You guys see that movie? Thought it is was pretty fun and cute.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I do wonder what damage has been done to the character of Captain Marvel due to Brie's social media. They are getting ready for filming, but at this point... who cares?

I went into Black Widow with pretty low expectations, but it was more entertaining than expected. The Russian Cap'n added some actual character that was desperately needed. The movie wasn't toting a feminist agenda at all which was refreshing. It was just some women fighting each other. The ending seems like a Marvel movie trope at this point.
Spoiler:
how many things are going to fall out of the sky?? another flying mega base.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
IMG_20210712_0803271302_36.jpg
The Sandlot 3-movie collection that came in the mail on Saturday maybe? I've seen parts of the first one on cable multiple times, but, I didn't know that there were two sequels. When I watched FernGully or Dark Shadows, The Sandlot was one of the previews, and I remembered that it was pretty cool, so, I moseyed over to Walmart's web site and ordered this.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The Sandlot is a classic, I was unaware that there were 2 more and I'm sure there's a good reason for that.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
M, please stop buying these forgettable movies. For the cost of 2 of those movies you can have Disney+ and access to way more shitty movies.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
It's a toy of Brocken Jr. from Kinnikuman (M.U.S.C.L.E. in the USA), whom Brocken in World Heroes is based upon.