Most bootlegged MVS games

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I've seen lots of copies of Blazing Star on eBay that appear to be bootlegs. My general assumption is that if the label doesn't look right, it's most likely a bootleg.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I've seen lots of copies of Blazing Star on eBay that appear to be bootlegs. My general assumption is that if the label doesn't look right, it's most likely a bootleg.

There is nothing further from the truth than that. Carts get relabled for various reasons. The only definitive way to know is to look at the boards.

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
That's what I meant to say. If I can't see the boards, I go by the label. For whatever reason I don't trust if the label isn't right, but then even if it is, someone can always swap out legit boards with bogus ones, but luckily I have never encountered that.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
A lot of people swap out Japanese labels for repro English ones.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,

I have seen several that are original mask Roms but they are soldered to a different board. Like they gutted a aes blazing star to use for a mvs to aes conversion and they transplant those chips to the mvs board that was left over. Kingsley was selling lots of these about a year ago for about 45 bucks on eBay. Game plays fine and has no EPROMs but I suppose it's still a bootleg.