Most accessible fighter for MVS

Vidfreaky

New Challenger
What do you guys think is the most accessible fighting game for fighting game noobs on the MVS?

I'm not generally a fighting game fan (I know, I know, why the hell did I buy a MVS). Used to play a ton of SFII with friends "back in the day". Just looking for easy and fun to play without having to memorize 80 different moves for 12 different fighters.

Thoughts?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I am in the same boat and greatly enjoy KOF96 and Real Bout 2 and Special. They are very easy to get into and are a blast to play (and cheap!)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury Special. It's the best fighter from the SFII era you remember, and more similarly paced to that than to modern fighters.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
KOF games probably, they tend to not come at you hard and fast. RBS is fantastic. For straight up action why not try samsho2?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
For straight up action why not try samsho2?

What is straight up action?

Lax inputs and easy chain combos?

Well, that's not sam sho 2.

EDIT: Methodical poking should be the fighting noob's building block, but that's not really accessible you know.

Last edited:

Vidfreaky

New Challenger
Cool, I've got a KOF96 cart and Samurai Showdown 2 is on the 120-in-1 cart I've got in the mail.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Rotd is pretty new guy friendly. I mean, it tells you the combos along the bottom of the screen :)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Breaker's Revenge
Mark of the Wolves

Easy commands, very SF/Capcom like, flashy, fun, noob friendly.

I could recommend Karnov's but there's hidden moves and the game is fast crazy...in a good way of course.

I wouldn't recommend FFS because some commands are pretty intricate, specially DMs.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
FFS is the best game on the Neo, my gripe with recommending it to newcomers is the strict inputs, I don't see a new comer pulling raging storms out of their ass...it's just not gonna happen, not even with a square gate, lol.

Edit: If you can't pull Raging Storms like it's out of style...you can't run southtown.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i'd say fatal fury real bout special. easy to learn and get into (noob friendly) but hard to master.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I dunno guys, the combo system on RBS is pretty out there, I mean if you're just gonna ABC ok fine, but the beauty is on sway line combos and that's no noob feat.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I dunno guys, the combo system on RBS is pretty out there, I mean if you're just gonna ABC ok fine, but the beauty is on sway line combos and that's no noob feat.

That's true, but I think most noobs can get by on the ABCs and learn to weave in the Ds. The DMs/Specials aren't exactly easy to pull off without some practice but the game plays smooth as butter and you can pull off some nice standing combos with most characters easily which will make them feel halfway decent at the game.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, I agree. I just think that FF in general is a step above your regular fighter, the 2 planes add so much to it, that's the one thing I miss in RB2 but funny enough Dominated Mind is one plane and yet it's still pretty up there...

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
The whole 2 plains ruins FatalFury for me. For me I found the later KOF games, RBFFS, and later SamSho games to be the most noon friendly.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
The whole 2 plains ruins FatalFury for me. For me I found the later KOF games, RBFFS, and later SamSho games to be the most noon friendly.

*noob friendly.

Someone should ungimp my account so I can edit posts

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
But RBS is two planes though, I don't get you. Also Samsho 4 is not noob friendly...no way. Same thing for KOF 99 and up. I guess if you just play the game halfway it could be noob friendly but then again the same could be said of all fighters...

Arcadecrazy

New Challenger
To me it seems all the fighters have a learning curv. What I can tell you is when I have friends and family over the two fighters that get the most play from non gamers are mark of the wolves and snk vs capcom. Although not my favorites they seem to draw in people kids and adults alike. Perhaps it's the graphics. Hard to say.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Breaker's Revenge
Mark of the Wolves

Easy commands, very SF/Capcom like, flashy, fun, noob friendly.

I could recommend Karnov's but there's hidden moves and the game is fast crazy...in a good way of course.

I wouldn't recommend FFS because some commands are pretty intricate, specially DMs.

BR & MotW are great choices, especially for someone coming from a SF2 background. I certainly found them to be the most accessible.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Mmm I'd say MOTW, that's gotta be one of the simpler titles. I have to agree though Fatal Fury in general to me is hard DM's wise. I haven't really figured out how to get them going with ease.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
It depends on what you want I guess. For just some fun action with a total fighting noob I still think World Heroes 2 (Jet) is the best value for money. It's a lot of fun and very easy to get into (though not very deep of course)
Apart from that I'd also say RBFFS or if you have the money Garou of course.