More money than brains

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
WTF is with all these pussies ragging on adventure. Weird thing to rage against.
Well I mean we're not ragging against adventure, just poor design coupled with a dismisssive CEO who thought corporate attitude trumped y'know actual certification that their inventions were fit for purpose. What is depressing is that there are so many proven designs available, why go the solo route? money and ego.

I see your CSS Hunley and raise you:

Ended pretty well.

Good Job!

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Ended pretty well.

Good Job!

There is a part of me that loves shit like this though. Now we will simulate everything to within an inch of its life before building any design. It's sterile.

Look at Franz here, he built a thing, then he took two chairs and a table (one chair to climb up to another chair which was set on top of the table naturally, like how I might change an out of reach lightbulb at home) to get the height he needed over the railing. Then he just went for it. He told authorities he would use a dummy first, but his life was cheaper than a dummy, so pure economics won out.

Afterward, everyone else can study Franz's design and Franz's mangled body and quickly deduce that didn't work all that well and set about to make improvements.

No AutoCAD engineer is ever going to be in a Wikipedia page a hundred years from now because of a botched design that broke apart in a simulation.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Afterward, everyone else can study Franz's design and Franz's mangled body and quickly deduce that didn't work all that well and set about to make improvements.
2023-06-22 (3).png

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I seem to remember another homemade submarine story from a few years ago where a guy used one to help him commit murder. I think he killed a woman while they were out in the sub and he used the submarine breaking down as an alibi. Like "Oh no I couldn't have strangled her and disposed of her body, I was too busy trying to keep the jerry-rigged sub from sinking. I mean just look at what a piece of shit it is detective."

The track record for DIY submarining isn't looking too good.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
WTF is with all these pussies ragging on adventure. Weird thing to rage against.

Mocking rich cunts <> Rage.

Adventure is climbing Everest (even though that's become mundane bullshit that rich assholes do where the hard work is largely done for them). Adventure is going to the moon. Real adventure requires a ridiculous amount of training and a thirst for knowledge. To boldly go as Trekkies would say.

This is rich cunts trying to spend money to cut the line... to do none of the work and pretend like they accomplished something so they can have a cool story to tell other rich cunts. That shit's not adventure. That's riding the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride at Disney World except you paid a bunch of money to a scam artist and died horribly for your folly. Fuck them and their arrogance.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
lonesage's biggest adventure is living in china and not getting arrested and sent to a re-education camp and/or having his organs harvested.
They already cut him open to get his liver but they took one look at it and sewed him back up.

Moob Butter

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
This is rich cunts trying to spend money to cut the line... to do none of the work and pretend like they accomplished something so they can have a cool story to tell other rich cunts.

Exactly. One of these cunts already had three world records for shit anyone could do if they had enough money. It’s just bored rich folk massaging their massive egos.

Bits of the sub found, looks like a catastrophic failure. I'm almost happy for them, least it was quick.

I wouldn’t be so sure, just because the hull had a breach doesn’t mean they didn’t drown and their organs exploded with decompression as they drifted up towards sea level.

I don’t wish death on anyone. I just hope this story is buried and forgotten sooner rather than later as nothing about it is worth celebrating except for perhaps the massive international rescue teams response given the circumstances.

But do you think the families of the billionaires will make meaningful contributions towards the cost of the rescue operations from private, navy and coast guard operations? Will they fuck.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Potentially similar subject, what do we do if Zuckerberg uses his meat fibers to crush Elon Musk's windpipe.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Anyway, the Logitech lost connection and when it reconnected and recalibrated the sticks weren't centered, causing the ship to run forward by itself until it crashed into the ocean floor at speed, causing the breach. Not that they'll ever be able to prove it.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Anyway, the Logitech lost connection and when it reconnected and recalibrated the sticks weren't centered, causing the ship to run forward by itself until it crashed into the ocean floor at speed, causing the breach. Not that they'll ever be able to prove it.

At least now we have closure thank you

Reactions: SML

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Exactly. One of these cunts already had three world records for shit anyone could do if they had enough money. It’s just bored rich folk massaging their massive egos.

I wouldn’t be so sure, just because the hull had a breach doesn’t mean they didn’t drown and their organs exploded with decompression as they drifted up towards sea level.

I don’t wish death on anyone. I just hope this story is buried and forgotten sooner rather than later as nothing about it is worth celebrating except for perhaps the massive international rescue teams response given the circumstances.

But do you think the families of the billionaires will make meaningful contributions towards the cost of the rescue operations from private, navy and coast guard operations? Will they fuck.
Umm, no it would likely be death due to Delta P. Look it up. Commercial diver’s grim reaper. Insta kill.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
SB controller is overkill, it should have used an Atari 2600 controller instead.