More money than brains

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
$250,000 to freeze to death or suffocate.

I feel for the families obviously but the whole submarine scenario was sketchy.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I just don't get how someone can look inside and see that lone monitor, how cramped the space is, that sad excuse of a "toilet", Logitech controller, and say, "Yeah this is going to be great". Especially at that price, fuck that.

I literally just played this on the PS4 and got the same experience without the dying.

icon0.png

ss_0dec617e05bdfa7b56435fe690920c3954687857.1920x1080.jpg

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Not sure why on Earth they'd want a wireless gamepad. I used to sell that same gamepad when I worked at the computer store and it runs off AA batteries and the old 2.4ghz radio frequency wireless. It's silly enough that they're using a video game controller to begin with but you'd think you'd want to eliminate the possibility of running out of batteries or some kind of connectivity issue at the bottom of the fuckin' ocean.

famicommander

15 Year Member

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Hey speaking of Earth how much does this cost and what safety issues will come about from this? This is starting very soon evidently like next week.

I'd love to do that some day. Bezos does something similar with his company, Blue Origin. He took up William Shatner last year if I recall. I think right now, the prices are astronomical to go, as in hundreds of thousands per flight. So only for the uber rich. But you'd think that eventually flights would be reasonable. Hopefully it's something I can do before I die.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I just wish when people did stupid shit like this or mountain climbing, volcano exploring, cave diving etc. and it inevitably goes wrong that we wouldn't send out huge rescue missions. Screw wasting colossal amounts of time, money and risking more lives to try and save these fucking idiots.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I don't get all the intrigue about the Titantic to begin with. It's a bigass boat that sank a long time ago. So what? Why is that so interesting? There's not even any pirate gold on it.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I don't get all the intrigue about the Titantic to begin with. It's a bigass boat that sank a long time ago. So what? Why is that so interesting? There's not even any pirate gold on it.
It's below average in size by today standard, apparently you could fit the entire thing on the flight deck of the Gerald Ford with room to spare. The biggest ship to ever sail was the SeaWise Giant

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member

interesting clip. he didn't wanna hire experienced submariners because they were 50+ year old white men that wouldn't be inspiring.

edit: watched the rest of the video. lol, the ceo guy decided to remove voice comms for just a "data acoustic modem" because he hated having his diving experience interrupted by staff on top side.

Last edited:

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Hey it might blow up before it reach space .

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
fami be wildin

Reactions: SML

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Apparently to open the hatch you have to remove a series of bolts.

On the outside of the submersible.

RIP.

I mean...at a depth of any consequence, what would it really matter where the bolts are on the hatch though? They could plan to weld them in and cut them out with an angle grinder each ride and I'd say their chances of getting out of that alive would probably be equal to attempting a free ascent from 4000m.

Precisely zero.